venit omittere | 2.2.5

Jimin didn't know how Hoseok had handled taking care of two newborn babies at once.

The twins were smarter than Jimin had given them credit for. They immediately recognized that Jimin and Jungkook were not Hoseok or Yoongi, and did not want to be held by either of them for too long. The amount that they had cried in the past two weeks was surreal to Jimin. He found himself losing sleep, taking turns with Jungkook throughout the nights and day. The twins would only sleep for a few hours throughout the day before waking up and causing a ruckus for the both of them.

Still, Jimin was growing fond of them, and he could tell Jungkook was too.

Jimin caught early on that Jungkook was great with kids. If he wasn't with the twins, Jimin would sometimes catch him in the compound's daycare, where he would play with little kids from all around the compounds. He noticed how mesmerized and calm the kids got around Jungkook's presence, listening closely to anything that came out of Jungkook's mouth. He had that charisma that attracted everyone to him, not just kids. Yoongi and Hoseok's twins preferred Jungkook over him, a fact that he found extremely offensive.

"I don't understand why Yoongi and Hoseok haven't named their kids yet." Jungkook said while giving A his bottle."At this point, I shouldn't have to call them A and B. What if they get used to the name? Then what?"

"To be fair, they had only a little bit of time to even come up with names, and even then they didn't have time." Jimin finished changing B's diaper, throwing the used one away and putting a new one before carrying her once more."They're just waiting for inspiration to strike them. Hoseok's supposed to wake up today now that they're maintaining Yoongi in the chamber."

"Aw, I really like this job though." Jungkook frowned, turning to Jimin."It makes me want to have kids."

Jimin almost choked on his spit. He looked at Jungkook wide-eyed, noticing the seriousness in Jungkook's tone and expression. "You're not even twenty two yet."

"But you are." Jungkook retorted.

"Jungkook, you're still a kid." Jimin huffed, lightly tapping B's back. She burped once, before gurgling loudly. Jimin smiled at the action, beginning to rock the baby in his arms."We have a three year difference. Even with that, I've only been twenty two as long as these babies here."

"They share your birthday?" he asked surprised."So we'll celebrate three birthdays on the same day from now on right? I mean, I wasn't here for their birth or for your birthday but this is a forever thing right?"

Jimin smiled at Jungkook's antics."I'm sure Yoongi and Hoseok would love to have you in their children's lives forever. In any case, we're a package deal don't you think? You're my perfect match after all."

At the statement, their marks glowed brightly in response, causing Jimin and Jungkook to burst into fits of laughter. It astounded Jimin how nonchalant he and Jungkook were being, especially over Yoongi and Hoseok. It was an expectation for them that Yoongi would survive, even if there wasn't any real indication that he would wake up anytime soon. Namjoon had told them that even with the regeneration, if his body didn't accept it, Yoongi would completely die. If Yoongi completely died, then Hoseok would lose his perfect match forever, losing his abilities to process emotions.

But they had to look at the positive side. Yes, Yoongi had been reckless, but Yoongi was meant to survive. He was more of a fighter than anyone that Jimin had seen, apart from Hoseok and himself. The temporary connection that he had with Yoongi had completely disappeared, but Jimin knew.

Yoongi was going to survive. He had to.

Hoseok stood silently in front of Yoongi. Seokjin and Namjoon watched him, monitoring his movement just in case the Perfect Match mark begun to flare up again. Hoseok had not left their sight after he was awoken. He woke up feeling numb, as his world had turned bleak and gray. His mark neither glowed nor showed its former red-gold hue. It was gray, an accurate representation of what enveloped Hoseok whole, the feeling that would not go away.

Not even as he stared at his Perfect Match.

He should have felt something, anything at seeing him. His platinum hair falling just above his closed eyes, which looked to be recently washed. Yoongi still looked very pale, his lips having no color, cheeks sunken. His chest was exposed, bearing the Perfect Match mark which was also gray like Hoseok's. Hoseok could see the injuries on the elder's chest, and even then, he could feel no emotion inside him.

"He'll probably be like this for about another week." Namjoon cut the silence."We took it upon ourselves to fully regenerate him. We are messing around with his DNA and have pulled all available records of him. We're going to make him better, give him enhancements. I don't think he'll oppose that. Or you?"

"That's fine." Hoseok replied monotonously."As long as he wakes up later, that's what matters here. How's the government situation looking like?"

"Taehyung has managed to calm the masses." Namjoon pursed his lips."There are many who are still rioting. We think he's going to use Aaliyah as his source of power. There has been no word on Aaliyah's whereabouts. We know he hasn't killed her yet— we would have been alerted if that had been the case."

In reality, everything had been fine for the past two weeks. Taehyung hadn't made any moves on them, focusing instead on uniting Korea to his side once more. His main weapon, charisma, had easily wooed the crowd over— at least most of them. There were still plenty of people who wanted change, those who were protesting outside the streets who were quickly shut down by soldiers of the army.

Meanwhile, Namjoon and Seokjin were working nonstop to ensure that Yoongi could be brought back, the best version of him. Namjoon recognized the importance of having someone like Yoongi on their side, and he didn't want to let him go just yet. Seokjin was filled with guilt as it was his fault that Yoongi was in the cryogenic state, to begin with.

"Taehyung has two choices when it comes to using Aaliyah." Hoseok said."He'll either use her to gain control of Korea once more or he'll kill her to show how much power he truly had. I'm surprised he hasn't already altered the population's memories. Does he not have access to that?"

"He does, but it can't just be used for everything." Seokjin responded."If he were to use it and the people found out, there would be no way out for him. People would want his head."

"What enhancements are you planning on giving Yoongi?" Hoseok asked Namjoon, finally turning away.

"About the same as your enhancements. We'll make him immune to anything that could harm his body. Poisons, diseases, anything you can think of. Stronger resistance to harsh conditions, higher stamina. Increased intelligence. Perfect vision. Enhance certain qualities, diminish the unnecessary ones. Pretty much, making a superhuman of sorts, like you." his eyes sparkled."The possibilities are endless for him."

Hoseok nodded once, turning back towards his match's body, which was laying serenely. Seokjin clicked his tongue."You won't be able to say anything to him. Hoseok, you can't feel anything right now. Nothing will appear in your head to say to him. That's how it works."

"I know." Hoseok mumbled."It doesn't mean I won't try to." He paused, turning towards Jin."I don't blame you, you know. For all this. Don't be guilty. I can literally sense your guilt from across the room. I know Yoongi wouldn't blame you either."

Seokjin nodded once, pressing his lips tightly together."You should probably start heading back. I'm sure Jimin and Jungkook are already expecting you. Plus, you do have your upcoming Alpha test. I hope you haven't forgotten about it."

He had, but he didn't make it noticeable."Of course. I'll take my leave now."

As soon as he left Seokjin turned to Namjoon, "I think we should test him for Alpha A. If he has them he can undergo training for it, distracting him more from everything here while we work on Yoongi."

"Sounds good. I'm sure Jungkook will be excited to hear that." Namjoon half-smiled."He never stops talking about the twins."

With that, they headed to the development room, continuing their work on Yoongi.

a/n: slow, i know. of course it's on purpose. two weeks have passed so last chapter's events happened two weeks ago, meaning stuff has changed, especially with tae and ruby. i almost got myself a sugar daddy at like 2am today. that was crazy.