initium finis | 1.0.8

The bed felt unnaturally cold.

Yoongi shivered as he wrapped himself with the thin sheets, trying to keep what little warmth hr had in my body. The bed felt extremely uncomfortable, something that Yoongi hadn't felt when he had first fallen asleep. For some reason, he felt unsettled. He wasn't a heavy sleeper, but in the right conditions, he could fall asleep relatively quickly. 

Yoongi turned to the side, sighing in frustration as his eyes fluttered open. His eyes wandered around the room, the moonlight shining into it from the windows. There was light snoring coming from the couch. Yoongi frowned, feeling envious that Hoseok was able to sleep when he couldn't. 

Yoongi finally got out of bed, deciding to walk around the mansion. Even though it was probably an extremely bad idea, he needed to refresh his mind. Maybe a walk would help ease his nerves, have him feeling more at rest and able to sleep. He knew that if he stayed, he wouldn't be able to fall asleep. Might as well make use of his time.

He opened the door, closing it as silently as possible as to not wake Hoseok. If he was sleeping, Yoongi didn't want to accidentally wake him up. He didn't know if Hoseok was a light sleeper like Yoongi was, but he didn't want to risk it so he remained quiet.

Yoongi walked down the silent hallways, trying his best to remember the steps he took so that he wouldn't get lost in the mansion. Not a person was in sight, which was better for Yoongi. No one would be forcing him to go back to the room anytime soon. No person, meaning everyone was asleep.

At least that's what Yoongi thought.

There were voices, low voices coming from one of the ends of the hallway. The light was turned on in that room, the door open just a little bit. Yoongi debated on whether or not to approach the room. He only thought about it for a few seconds, deciding to investigate.

As Yoongi got closer, his mind registered two of the voices.

"...no possible transfer..."

Yoongi peeked through the door, making sure to remain unnoticed. As long as he was silent no one would notice him.

He could make out the face of Kim Taehyung, who had a prominent frown on his face. He was talking to Seokjin, who was sitting down on the couch, a sleeping Namjoon resting on his shoulder.

"A menace to our perfectly established society."

"That's not what the rebels think." Seokjin replied."They're already using this to rile up their campaign."

"Exactly! It's threatening our system. Everything that we've had is on the verge of falling."

Seokjin rolled his eyes."This system was supposed to be temporary. Of course, the people are going to want change."

Taehyung remains quiet for a few moments."We must preserve what we have already set in stone. There can't be any change."

"Once they get a hold of what they seek, they'll be unstoppable."

They're talking about Hoseok and I, Yoongi thought to himself, his mind more awake than it had been. a few moments. He strained to hear more, knowing that this was valuable intel.

"Which is why we must eliminate that. The faster the better."

Seokjin's eyes widened."You can't-"

"They're public. Out in the open. Anomalies. That alone changes everything."

"What is the President going to-"

"The President will listen to what I say." Taehyung's voice hardened."He will understand."

"It'll be too obvious. They'll know something is up. We can't risk it." Seokjin cut in."It's too soon to do anything rash. Hasn't even been two days yet."

Yoongi froze, a sick feeling spreading in his stomach.

"The longer they remain alive, the more they pose a threat to our society. We must let people know that these things aren't natural and because of that they can't survive."

"Survival of the fittest." Seokjin muttered."I see your play but-"

"No!" Taehyung almost yelled, voice stern."We have to get rid of them."

Yoongi began to take a few steps back, the sick feeling spreading throughout his body. He fought the urge not to scream. He couldn't let them know that he had heard. If they found out he heard, there was no telling what they could do to him. To him and Hoseok.

"If we want to preserve what has been built, Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok must be killed."

Yoongi's eyes widened at the statement. He shook his head, hoping that he didn't hear what he thought he heard— that it had been a mistake. It had to be. It didn't make sense. They were invited here, why would they be killed?

"Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok must die. It is the only way to secure this society."

Seokjin pursed his lips before finally saying, "We could stage an accident."

Taehyung began to smile, nodding at his statement.

"We could do-"

Not wanting to hear the rest of the statement Yoongi ran as fast as his legs could take him, tracing his steps back to the room. He arrived in one piece, releasing the breath he didn't know he had held.

Yoongi's heart was thundering in his chest, breathing uneven and short. His hands, sweaty. His mind, running wild.

Yoongi fumbled to open the door to the room. Once he did, Yoongi stopped short, his lips parting in surprise.

Hoseok was sitting on the bed, expression visibly worried. His eyes looked up at Yoongi, expression dissolving into relief. He let out a relieved smile as he saw Yoongi.

"I thought something had happened to you." He sighed, walking up to Yoongi."I was sleeping and then I felt terror washing over me. But it wasn't me who was scared." He motioned towards the bed."What happened?"

Yoongi closed the door, meeting Hoseok halfway. Hoseok offered his hand, which after a few moments, Yoongi took. Hoseok gently led him to the bed, nudging Yoongi to sit. He did as told, sitting on the edge of the bed, his heart not ceasing its run, breath still shaky.

"I couldn't sleep. S-so I went on a walk and I then I noticed after a while that someone was awake. The door was open so I took a look inside-making sure I wasn't seen of course, and then I saw Taehyung and Seokjin talking. N-namjoon was there too but he was asleep."

Hoseok nodded.

"They were talking about getting rid of something. Taehyung wanted to get rid of it, Seokjin was reluctant to. Anomalies Taehyung called it."

"That's what has you so scared?" Hoseok questioned, eyebrows furrowing. Yoongi noticed Hoseok was still half asleep— but still trying his best to remain awake, something Yoongi appreciated.

Yoongi shook his head furiously."No Hoseok you don't understand."

His eyebrows furrowed, looking at Yoongi confused. Seeing as Yoongi didn't continue, he sighed, pinching the bridges of his nose.

"Elaborate then."

Yoongi took another uneven breath. He forced himself to relax, knowing that if he didn't, Hoseok wouldn't be able to understand the gravity of the situation. After he could trust himself to speak, Yoongi turned to Hoseok, not caring how scared he looked.

"Hoseok, they want to kill us."