6.Diamond

Everly

Finally, It's almost time for the happy couple to see the venue. It's been a long six months of planning. Although going through my own break up didn't help the process either. Thank god my mother took care of all the details for my wedding and being the one to break the news of the wedding being called off.

Setting the last arrangement of white peonies in glass mason jars for the table's centerpieces I hear the sound of heels tapping the ceramic floor heading into the foyer.

" This is Beautiful Ev!" says Avery the beautiful soon to be bride.

"You're happy with it, no last minute changes right?" I teased my best friend.

"Of course , you're the best I wouldn't even think to have any one else plan my engagement party." She told me for the millionth time.

" I just want this day to be almost as perfect as your wedding is going to be, it's not every day you get engaged and we both know you like to party. " Plus you're lucky your maid of honor is an event coordinator." I wink at her.

She wandered around the banquet hall looking at everything that we have been planning together for these past couple months.David Tutera would be proud.

The venue was big but not huge but it had an intimate feeling to it. There were large floor to ceiling windows facing the beach that brought in just the right lighting. White table cloths covered the numerous tables that were scattered around the room with foldable cushioned chairs to match pushed around.

Avery wanted to have a glimpse of her and Liam's relationship through out the past five years they have been together , so on each table next to the peonies was a small white wooden picture frame of the happy couple.

I watched as she picked up each framed photo with a smile. Remembering that day with her favorite person. I am happy for my best friend. I'm glad she found the man of her dreams and Liam is the perfect man for her. I guess after being together for five years they have become my version of perfect.

He wraps his arms around his beautiful fiancé and whispers something into her ear to make her smile grow bigger. As she sets down the photo the light bounces off her diamond making me look at my own hand in envy.

Only a year ago my diamond shined so brightly. Now my left hand was naked with just the indent of what was there. Just another reminder I shake away. 

Avery walks around the tables and wraps me in her arms. "Ev, you made my Pinterest board come to life! I can't wait for everyone to see this! Thank you,thank you, thank you..." she excitedly yells into my ear. I pry myself away from her.

"No need to thank me, this is what I love to do but this party is going to start in a couple hours and we are both not ready. So Let's go." I say while pulling her to the French doors to exit.Liam following right behind us.

****

I sit in the back seat of Avery's white Nissan Pathfinder. I watch as Liam takes my best friends hand in his while he drives us back to their home. I miss the way Kyle used to caress my hand in his no matter how long of the drive was. I hate what he did but I do miss him. He was my first love. My first everything. He taught me that it was okay to love myself. He made me feel like I was the most important person to him. I look back on that day. There was no signs of him cheating. I was able to look at his phone with out him hesitating. He told me where he would be going and who he was with. He never stayed out late to have me question him. So where did it all go wrong? When did he decide I was not enough? Was he ever going to tell me about it or was it going to be an inside sick joke between him and my sister?

Before I know it we pull into Avery and Liam's drive way. With all the questions swarming my head thirty minutes passed by quickly.

I jump out of the SUV and walk the cobblestone drive way till I reach their door. I really wasn't in the mood for their engagement party but as being a M.O.H it was my duty to be there regardless of my own tribulations. I had to my big girl pants on and be there for my best friend.

Avery has been my best friend my whole life.We've grown up together. From crawling around, to playing with our BRATZ dolls to talking about which boy in our high school classes we were crushing on that week. She's always been more like a sister to me especially these past couple months then my very own.
She was there when I hit rock bottom. When I thought my world had ended and it was so painful to even breathe. I love her for that.  She's my person just like I am hers.  Or was hers, Liam will be her new person in just two months and I couldn't be more happier for my best friend.

Seeing her this happy with the man of her dreams makes me happy for her. She deserves it.I want nothing less for her but I can't help but wonder if I'll ever find that happiness again?

"After I shower I'll come find you so we can pick out what dresses we'll wear tonight." I tell Ave as I head up the carpeted stairs. I turn down the hall and walk into my bedroom down the hallway.Im glad my room is opposite of The couple's bedroom. I can have complete privacy and they can have theirs.

I drop my purse onto the fluffy white comforter that's screaming my name and head to the shower. I drop my clothes to the floor and turn on the water. It feels so good ,the warm water relaxing the tension in my body instantly. I shave my legs then lather my body in DOVE body wash before washing my hair. I step out the shower and grab a towel. Once I'm dried and have my soft robe wrapped around me. I head to Avery's room to get ready for tonight's occasion.