46. Bits and Pieces

Everly

I'm not sure what to say. Honestly, what can I say. Everything that has happened these past excruciatingly long days just plummeted into my lap.

Bits and pieces of my memory are coming back but I know they probably would've taken longer if that conversation never happened. I know I needed to know but now my mind won't shut off. It's a constant replay in my head. Every time I breath and feel the aching on my side it reminds me more of what happened.

Whenever I close my eyes the nightmares appear. It's like a horror film playing and never able to stop it until I'm thrashing awake. I'm not sure how many times I've woken up sobbing and drenched in sweat but every single time he's there. Cohen has yet to leave my side through all of this.

I guess since my body is in shock my mouth wants to say little as possible. I don't mind. I'd rather not talk about the horrors I've become the lead star in.

One of the worst parts about it though is I'm tired. So, so, so tired but I don't want to close my eyes. I never want to greet the darkness but just like right now my eyes are becoming droopy and my body is becoming heavy. This hospital bed makes me want my own bed so badly.

I can't take it anymore. The darkness is closing in and my eyes have closed shut. Please let me have a normal dream.

Please.

______________________

"What the hell are you doing here?" I hear Cohen's voice booms across the room.

"I just need to speak to Everly."

"Not going to happen." He stands as a guard in front of my bed so she can't see me.

"I'm not here to cause trouble. I'm really not." She says with a shaky voice.

I look around at my parents, sister and Avery. They all have a mix of emotions written all over their faces.When my eyes trace back to Cohen his eyes are boring into the side of Taylor's head as his jaw clenches.

"Umm... honey I think we'll be right back, the rest of us can go grab something from the cafeteria." My mom says giving a gentle smile. My parents must not know who she is and what she did. If they did they would never willingly leave.

I can tell my dad doesn't want to leave me. The moment Taylor walked in he went tense, I can see his jaw locked and his brows furrowed looking at her. He always had a way of sensing when someone was off in some sort of way. He whispers in my mom's ear something that earns him a smack on his chest but he trails right behind her as she steps through the door. Everyone else follows suit all giving Taylor a deathly glare before leaving the room but not surprising at all Cohen stays behind. He's positioned himself between me and Taylor but closer to me. Just by his body language he's trying to keep himself together. His breathing is labored and every muscle is tense training against the tight material of his shirt. The veins the flow through his arms down to his clenched fist are protruding more than usual. I know if Taylor was a man he would hesitate to hit her but that's no Cohen he would never do that.

"Cohen let me talk to her. She needs to know why. I can explain it, please just let me." Taylor pleads taking a small step forward.

"I told you no Taylor. I'm not letting you fucking anywhere near her again. I did what you said to ensure her safety and look where the fuck we are! She's lying in a hospital bed with a god damn stab wound to her side and she's barely able to remember what happened! It's all your fucking fault and you're only going to make it worse so I'm telling you to get the fuck away before I call security." Cohen's voice loudly echoes through the room.