3. Go Loggers!

2 years ago.

"Come on Ev we're going to be late for the game!" Screamed Avery from our kitchen we share in our dorm. She looks like one of the students from our school's brochure pamphlets. She proudly reps The Pudget Sound University we attend as seniors. She's in head to toe Burgundy.Wearing her boyfriend Liam's jersey with number 23 on her back with Matthews in bold white letters just above the numbers. I on the other hand am wearing a regular school shirt in the same plain burgundy as her jersey with Go Loggers! on the front. Yes, Our school mascot is the Loggers. Very creative.

"I'm coming don't get your panties in a bunch! We live on campus, we'll be there in less than ten minutes." I reassure her as I put my black TOMS on. " I want to make sure we get good seats so I can see Liam and I can remind all the skanks that he's mine when they see me in the front row." Plus I don't have any panties on to bunch , just the way my man likes it." She winks at me and I scoff at her crudeness. I don't expect anything less from her though.

Just like I said ten minutes later we are sitting in the bleachers waiting for the football game to start. I'm already bored but the blonde next to me is bouncing in her seat waiting to see her Quarterback.

"Let's go Loggers let's go! Let's go Loggers let's go!" Is the chant that is roaring through our side of the stadium. It's 2 minutes till half time and we're in the lead by ten points. We're crushing our rivals The Witworth Pirates but I'm more excited to get some Nachos at half time.

Let's get nachos! Let's go! Is the chant in my head.

Finally it's half time , I turn to Avery asking her if she wants anything from the concessions since I know she won't want to loose our spots. "Just a water and M&M's please ." She tells me. I leave her to get our food. My stomach is growling at me.

Luckily the line isn't that long and I'm able order my Nachos with extra cheese and a sprite and get Avery's order as well. A few minutes later they call my order and I rush to the counter to get the treats. As I try to juggle everything In my arms a huge wall of muscle comes colliding with my body. " Damn, I am so sorry. I didn't see you coming." I hear deep voice. Thanks to him I am now wearing my delicious nachos instead of digesting them. Great.

My eyes are looking down at the mess not giving my space intruder acknowledgement. " Here let me help you clean this up." As he offers me a napkin. I look up to take the napkin and find myself fumbling to say thank you. This man is hot. Looking right into his baby blue eyes I can't seem to put a sentence together.

" Umm,are you alright ? I know I didn't bump into you that hard." He laughs.Damn that laugh.
" Uh, sorry, I'm fine. Thanks for the napkin." I mumble looking away from those piercing eyes. Way to make it awkward.

" Well let me at least buy you some new nachos. It's the least I can do." He turns around and heads to the counter ordering a new plate of food. As I try to clean up the rest of the cheese off my shirt he makes his way back over to me. He hands me my new plate of nachos and I thank him. Before I can leave to go back and sit down I feel an arm wrap around my waist pulling me back.
" I know this isn't the best first impression but I'd like to get to know you. My name is Kyle Traitor and I'm a senior here . I haven't seen you around before, what's your name?" He ask still holding on to me.

Traitor how ironic.

" I'm Everly Tanner and I'm a sophomore as well. I'm just not into these kinds of things." I say pointing around referring to the football game. " Why do you want to know me?" I ask not believing him. Any guy that looks like this only wants one thing.

" Well from the looks of it you don't seem like the other girls around here. I saw you in the stands with your friend and seeing as you're the only one not cheering on our team I thought you were pretty...interesting." He says. " Oh, pretty interesting." I repeat the words to myself. Yup he only wants one thing. " I didn't mean it like that, I mean, I like how you're not trying to get attention from anyone like all the other girls are. Plus, you're beautiful." He compliments me with a wink. My cheeks flush from his complement. I don't want to give him the satisfaction that he's caught my attention but damn that smile he's giving me. I can't resist.

I look back at my Apple Watch seeing that I don't have much time to get back to my seat. " I better go, the game is about to start and my friend will want her M&M's." I say waving around the bag like an idiot trying to avoid his compliment. I turn to walk away and I feel his arm again reach around me. " Would you mind if I joined you and your friend? Maybe I can explain the game to you so you can actually enjoy some of it ." He offers with a smirk. " I suppose that's a good idea." I giggle. His arm never leaves my waist as I push my way through the bodies to get back to our seats.

I look up and Avery has her eyes set on me but not at my face but the arm and the man candy wrapped around me. As we walk up Kyle stretches his hand out to Avery to shake " Hey, I'm Kyle I think we have biology together Do you mind if I sit with you guys to watch the rest of the game?" He asks her. She takes his hand in hers and shakes it and nods her head yes. I've never seen this girl speechless. I guess he has that affect on everyone.

She faces me and I can tell she's trying to figure out why I took so long and came back with snacks and him. Right as I see her mouth open to ask me our team runs out to the field. Thank god. I really don't know what to tell her.

38-23 is the final score.The Loggers are undefeated. As the crowd starts to leave the stands I see Avery take off to congratulate Liam. I mentally cuss at her for leaving me alone with Kyle. We had a good time the last two quarters I just still can't figure out why he wanted to hangout with me and Ave when he had his own group to be with.

Finally most of the crowd has gone and only a couple of people are still straggling around. Kyle and I being a couple of those people. I guess it time to thank him for the nachos and again and to say goodbye. I'm honestly not ready to say goodbye. I turn to look at him and I catch him already looking back at me. My mouth goes dry. How does he have this affect on me and I barely know him ?
He takes his phone out and hands it to me so I can put my number in. I hand it back and I feel my phone buzzing. I answer it and looking up and seeing a huge grin across his face. " I just had to make sure it was a legit number." He laughs. I roll my eyes but can't hide my own laugh.
" Well thanks for the nachos and the fun time but I better get going ." I tell him. Once again her reaches for me and pulls me back to his chest. I'm starting to like the feeling of his hands on me. I look up at him and he gives me that smile. My breath hitches as I feel his hand rub my cheek and wrap around my neck. He leans down so his mouth is next to my ear. " You don't have to thank me beautiful, the pleasure is all mine." He says while his breath tickles my ear. He lets me go and slowly turns away glancing back with a sexy smirk across his face and leaving me dizzy and wanting more.

I stretch around the queen size bed grabbing my phone. 2:30 am shines back at me and I roll on to my back realizing this isn't my bed. The smile from my dream vanished as I realize everything about that day means absolutely nothing now. Fuck me.