20. More to Know

Everly

I haven't felt this happy in such a long time. I would have to say Cohen did an amazing job planning our first date together. It was so romantic but yet it felt normal. I didn't feel like I needed to put on a facade for him. It was the perfect date.

I look out the truck windows as we head back home. The ride back was quiet between us but it was relaxing. Only the low hum of the radios filled the air.His right hand clasped lightly around my thigh almost covering all the naked skin of my leg. I placed my hand over his interlocking our fingers. This felt good. Comfortable.

My mind starts to drift off thinking about the date. His perfect smile. The way he held me while we danced. But I can't help to feel somewhat uneasy. The whole time we were at the stadium I felt like I was being watched not by Cohen but someone else.Maybe I'm just over thinking. Probably just my nerves getting the best of me.That has to be it.

We pull up behind my Jeep and Cohen makes his way over to my side. He opens the door and before I know it his hands are on me again. He pulls me close to his body feeling very muscle as my body glides down his till my feet hit the ground. My eyes are locked on his and his strong hands take their place back on my hips. Slowly but surely his lips meet mine.His lips begin to move with mine but not with urgency it's as if he's memorizing the feeling of my lips on his. Or is it vise-versa?

I slowly pull my lips away from his glancing up to see him. He smiles that beautiful smile and leans his forehead on to mine.

"Thank you for the best date beautiful but it's not over yet." He kisses my forehead and takes my hand in his as we walk up to the house.

We thankfully have the house to ourselves until Friday. Avery and Liam left after we did and to visit Avery's parents in Vegas leaving their house to us.

I kick off my heels right when the door closes. I sit on the arm of the couch rubbing my feet trying to get the blood to flow back into them. Cohen slips off his suit jacket and loosens his tie around his neck. He looks sexy all the damn time.

"Why don't we finish our evening upstairs?" He asks as he scoops my heels off the floor and pulls me off the couch. I limp just a little still regaining blood flow and feeling the ache in both feet.

"You alright?"

"I'm good. Those heels are beautiful but definitely not the most comfortable." I smile at him.

"You did look really good in them. I just don't understand why girls torture themselves if they aren't comfortable?" He questions furrowing his eyebrows.

"There's only one answer. Beauty.is.pain." I laugh and start to limp up the stairs.

Before I know it he scoops me up in his arms and carries me bridal style to my bedroom making me squeal. He sits me down in front of the door before opening it.

He pushes it open and moves out of the way and flipping on the switch.I pause in the door way taking it all in.

There's twinkling Christmas lights hanging around. My soft white comforter and fluffy pillows are lying on the middle of the floor surrounded by sheets making up our own fort.

"How did you do this? When did you do this?" I say as I'm stepping into my room.

"Thanks to Avery she set it up before they left tonight." He watched me as I place my purse on my desk.

"I want to show you that I can do both. I want to be able to show you the extravagant things in life but also have quiet normal nights together as well. You deserve it all Ev."