13. Rose

Everly

I wake up feeling like sun is baking me through my window. I flutter my eyes open and see the most perfect man tangled with me. My head is laying on Cohen's chest with his arms and legs intertwined with mine. I could lay like this forever but my bladder is screaming at me to go to the bathroom.

I gently lift his arm off of my waist and slowly untangle my legs from his. I quietly try to lift the rest of my body from his. Right as I lift a half inch off of his upper naked half I feel his arms snake back around me and pull me back to him. It makes me smile.

"Where are you going?" He asks me. His voice is deep and husky from just waking up. So sexy.

"I need to use the bathroom and it's hot." I tell him. He keeps his eyes closed not budging to let go. I put both my hands on his chest and push to get out of his grasp. He groans and looks up at me.

"I guess you can go." He says as he releases his grip on me.

When I leave the bathroom I see Cohen sitting up against my headboard. My sheets come up to his waist showing off his broad tattooed chest. Hot damn.

I go and sit on my side of the bed next to him again feeling the comfort of his warmth. He gives me that look, that one specific look that I've been getting since the break up, it's as if they're making sure I'm not about to break into a million tiny pieces. I already know the question that he's waiting to ask me.

"Ev, are you ok?" He asks cautiously.

"I honestly don't know." I shrug. I mean am I really okay? I can't shake the feeling of Kyle's grasp on me and his words are on repeat in my head.

You might not talk to me now but you will soon.

It's like she's implying that I will come back to him. I know I won't. He broke me.

"Ev, I know I haven't known you for long but if you need to talk I'm here." He tells me pulling me from the endless thoughts in my head.

"Thank you, and thank you for last night."

He pulls me into the comfort of his chest again. We lay in silence and I look at his tattoos that cover his arms. I can't help but trace the outline of one of his many tattoos but it stands out to me the most it's rose. It's beautiful. There's no color but the details are intricate but delicate. I hear a small chuckle escape his lips. "I take it you're a fan of tattoos." He smiles down at me.

"They're ok." I tease him.

"What does the rose stand for?" I ask him. All of his tattoos look as if they tell a story.

"Are you hungry? Let's go out to breakfast." He swiftly moves from under me and picks up his shirt ignoring my question.

"I'm hungry for information but obviously you're not going to tell me." I roll my eyes at him.

"If I tell you all my secrets what fun would that be?" He tells me. Before I can even respond he leaves my room to his to change.

When I'm ready to leave to head downstairs to find Cohen but he's no where to be found. Did he really not want to tell me about his tattoos that he left without me?

Buzz.

Unknown number: Come outside.

This better be Cohen. I'm hungry and tired and definitely not in the mood to play games. When I walk out front Cohen's waiting for me in a red truck that looks fresh off the lot. I can't help but smile. A sexy man in a sexy red truck.

About ten minutes later we arrive at Ma's Diner. It's one of my favorite places to eat. It's run by an old couple and everything is freshly homemade.