33. Reconcile

Everly

The last time I seen her all I saw was red and that's exactly what I see right now. My palms are clenched together at my sides so tight I feel my acrylics leaving small crescents on my palm. My heart is racing so fast my breathing is starting to waver.

"Babe what's wrong? Is he here?" Cohens voice is right by my ear and I can hear the slight panic rising in his voice.

Fuck, I know I need to calm down but I can't. My rage is rising seeing her here. What the fuck is she doing here?

Red.
Red is still all I can see now. I hear someone say something as they come close to us but it sounds muffled and my eyes are locked in on hers. Her eyes are wide taking me in as she turns pale. Out of all people she has to be here. All I wanted was a nice night out. Cohen was so excited for me to meet the guys and now it's all going down hill. Great.

"Why the fuck are you here?" I say as I step in front of Cohen towards her. I make sure my voice is low and even I don't need to make a scene but I need to know why she's here. I don't want to see her at all.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa... what's going on here?"I glance over at the tall dark haired man standing close to Cohen. He's about the same height as Cohen maybe a hair shorter and a little less muscular but attractive nonetheless. His brows are furrowed as he leaves Cohen's side to stand by her.

I stay quiet looking back at the small brunette in front of me.
"Cohen, what's going on man? You guys know her?" He points to her as he tries to understand my anger.

"I um, honestly don't know what's going on. Ev, Baby, talk to me." Cohen wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me back to his side. I keep my gaze on her, she cowers back behind the bulky man, both of us staying quiet.

"Ladies, I need someone to talk. This stare down is getting uncomfortable and I need to know what the hell is going on." Cohen's friend says looking between her and and I.

"That's my older sister Everly." I hear her small voice say barley over a whisper.

"Oh the one you haven't talked to in awhile." The man asks her. So she told him about me at least she was truthful with him.

"Oh, shit." I hear Cohen say remembering what I told him about her.

I keep my arms crossed over my chest taking her in. She still looks the same, her hair still long and dark with hints of caramel highlights shining through. She's still petite in size with the right amount of curves. We still look very similar and have been mistaken for twins even though I'm two years older than her.

Familiar hands drop to my waist turning me to face muscle. "Baby, we can leave if this is too much but I really think you and your sister need to talk." He brings his long skilled finger under my chin tipping it back so our eyes meet.

"I know you weren't expecting this but you can't avoid her forever. She's obviously not with him anymore and you're with me. She looks beside herself and it's not worth fighting over. Yes, she hurt you but that's blood. You can hear her out and work things out or go back to avoiding her but at least be the bigger person and try."

I know he's right but I'm still hurt. Out of all the people in the world my own sister helped break my heart. How do I get past it? How do I move on and trust her again?

"You don't need to trust her right away. You can take as much time as you need. I'm here for you baby and I always will be." He says knowing what's reeling through my head.

"You're right it's just hard but I guess there's a reason we're both here tonight. I'm sorry I didn't mean to ruin your night." I purse my lips looking up at him through my lashes.