27. His Story

Cohen 🥀

I can feel my blood boiling with every breath I take. My hands are sweaty and I can feel my muscles becoming more tense. I look down at Ev meeting her eyes that are already looking up to me.I can see she's trying not to show how uncomfortable she is right now which pisses me off even more. I need to get her out of here and up to our room.

I wrap my arms around her making her know I'm right here for her. I feel her trembling under my finger tips making me want to leave even faster.

What in the actual fuck is my ex doing here? I haven't spoken a word to her and now she's popped up unannounced and has freaked out my girl.

I slide my hand from Ev's waist and interlock my fingers with hers. Weaving through the now almost empty reception hall towards the exit. With all the thoughts racing through my head I didn't realize Taylor and the man she's snuggled up with have crept their way closer to the exit. They're both standing close together talking amongst themselves quietly. Knowing Taylor she's up to something and I don't want Ev anywhere near her. She's already got too close before.

I tuck Ev into my side as we get closer to the door. Her trembling is getting worse. Fuck tonight is getting worse by the second.

Tonight was supposed to be special for her and I. I made special plans for us and for Ev to relax and share alone time with just the two of us. These past couple weeks having been exhausting and I wanted to treat my girl to a nice relax filled night but it's going down the drain faster then I set it all up.

"Nice meeting you Evie. Sure I'll be seeing you around soon." Taylor's annoyingly sarcastic voice pulls me from me train of thought. I notice Ev completely come to a halt at Taylor's words. I trying to gently pull her with me again before Taylor says another word to her but I'm getting no response.

Shit.

"Baby c'mon let's get to the room it's been a long day. Just ignore her." I try to convince her and gently tug for her to follow me but she's not moving. I see tears starting to form and I have no idea what's wrong.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"Cohen I suggest you teach her some manners on how to not stare. It's quiet rude and making me uncomfortable."Taylor smirks towards me. I pull Ev behind shielding her from Taylor.

"If you say one more fucking word to her Taylor I swear with everything I have you will regret it. Get the fuck away from us now."

I'm seething with every word that leaves my mouth. I take Ev's hand in mine and pull her with me to exit without waiting for Taylor's response. I've never laid hands on a woman in my life but my tolerance for Taylor's drama is having me question it.

We finally make it to the hotel's elevator. Without hesitation I pull Ev to my chest and cradle her to me. I can feel her quietly sobbing leaving wet spots on my dress shirt. I hate seeing her like this. Seeing my girl falling apart like this breaks me.

I knew I should've told her about Taylor sooner. I just can't stop the same cycle of shielding my feelings and keeping everything at arms reach so I'm not hurt again. Taylor brought out the absolute worst in me. She made me realize no amount of what I thought at the time was love could keep two completely different souls together. I thought I loved her but someone who says they love you could never hurt you the way she did to me and I hope with every fiber in my being Ev will understand why I haven't spoken about it. Not even my own brother knows the shit I've been through.

We both stay quiet on the ride to our room. Her sobs are starting to slow but she's still clutching on to me with everything she has. The soft ding signals we made it to our floor. I pick Ev up into my arms bridal style knowing she's exhausted and head to our room down the narrow hall. She wraps her arms tightly around my neck and nuzzles her head into my chest even more.