58. Meet the Matthews

Cohen

I'm not sure how this is going to go. It could be very good and actually be a positive evening with my parents that I've been somewhat estranged from or it could go to complete shit and I loose my relationship with them all together and the ring I want to give to Ev.

My nerves keep spiking by the hour. I feel bad for not mentioning it to Ev especially since I planned this out two nights ago when I talked to my mother on the phone. It was a brief chat and I'm honestly shocked she answered my call. I haven't talked to her since the wedding reception for Liam but that couldn't even be called a conversation, it was more of showing their "friends" slash business associates that their son is in the NFL and all I could do was wear a tight lipped smile and act like they're the best parents I could've ever asked for.

Bull fucking shit.

By the middle of them parading me around I was over it and told them I needed to go find Ev which I'm glad I did since that's when Taylor decided it was time the shit hit the fan and confront Ev.

God, I'm so glad she's out of my life for good now. I look back and think why did I ever love her and that I married her but then everything that happened wouldn't have led me to my beautiful girl and my life would still be a mess.

As of right now though I feel like a mess. My hands are clammy and my stomach feels like it turned upside down while butterflies dance around inside. I'm even more on edge after seeing Ev on the kitchen counter fully bare to me. Just the thought makes me situate my hardening length in my pants. I can still taste her juices on my lips making me crave more of her.

Fuck, I need to stop thinking about it so I can stop suffering just a little.

I check my watch seeing that my parents should be arriving here soon. Ev has already headed upstairs to change. She pretty much ran up there like a bat out of hell to go get ready.

After I send her a text to not worry and to wear something casual, I quickly glance around the kitchen and dining room area to see if there's any mess or anything out of place.

Usually the house is spotless or has a few things scattered around when we get busy but I just check again just in case. It'll be my parents first time seeing my home. The home I've created with Ev and I want it to be perfect. I need them to see that even without them close in my life I still made it. I didn't need any of their money or connections to do so.  I also want them to see that it's perfect because of her. It's a home because Ev helped make it one. Without her I'd most likely would have hired a decorator or just stuck to the essentials and called it a day but her touch is what makes it feel so much better. I want my parents to feel the love that's here and we didn't need anything extremely fancy to make it that way either.

I head towards the living room to do a quick sweep of everything. I know Ev must be really trying to impress my parents. I hope she's not overthinking what she needs to wear or say but I already know she is. Her mind is probably running a thousand miles per hour about meeting them. I quickly pull out my phone and send her text reassuring her that there's no need to overthink and that she beautiful like always.

As I straighten up the coffee table I check my watch again seeing that they'll be here in about five minutes. I step back and scan the room again seeing everything is perfect.

I leave the living room and head up the stairs to grab my coat and check on Ev. When I make it to our room i take a deep breath before opening the door. She was pretty upset that I told her last minute and that is my fault completely so I'm hoping she's cooled off a little. I slowly turn the door handle and see her sitting o. The edge of our bed putting her boots on. I can't help but smile at her, every time I see her I can't help but smile.