15. Unanswered Questions

Everly
⚠️

Ever since the night I broke down because of Kyle, Cohen has slept with me in my bed.

No sex. Just cuddles.
I hate to admit it but I feel safe in his arms. I feel like my world isn't shattering when he holds me against him.

I am scared. Scared to feel vulnerable with him. Scared of opening up to having feelings again for someone. I'm scared that once my heart is back to its whole self  it will break and I'm not sure if the pieces can be put back together.

I lay my head on his broad chest feeling the slow rise and fall telling me he's sound asleep.

My finger tips trace along his shoulders down to his relaxed bicep. My fingers follow the delicate black lines down. I always seem to stop at one particular area. The rose.

I study it. The petals are full but look slightly wilted.It still looks strong. My finger brushes each petal memorizing each curve of the tattoo.

Why would he think I would run if I knew his story ?
Does he not trust me?

"What are you doing?" He questions me, his voice is deep and husky from sleep.I quickly pull my hand away from his arm.

"No, don't." He takes my hand in his and pulls it back to his arm.

"It's nothing." I lie.

He wraps his index finger and thumb around my chin making me tilt my head to look at him.His dark brown hair is pushed back messily. He has a slight stubble along his sharp jawline. He looks delicious.

"Don't lie to me Ev. Tell me what you're thinking." He tells me.
I try to look anywhere else to delay telling him what I feel.

"Why do you think I'll run if you tell me about your past? Do you really not trust me?" I whisper back to him giving into him.

I feel his body tense beneath mine. His eyes become slightly darker.

Fuck.
He's mad.
I should have just stayed quiet.

He looks up at the ceiling while running his hand through his hair. He stays quiet.

He really doesn't trust me. I mean what was I supposed think. We've only known each other for a couple of weeks. Even though I shouldn't feel hurt, I do. I want him to trust me. I want him to know that I'm here for him.

"I shouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry. You don't have to tell me anything. It's okay." I apologize as I try to push off his chest. I look away not wanting him to see the tears I'm trying to hide.

"Don't."

"Don't what?" I ask, still looking around not wanting him to see the tears threatening to fall.

"Don't go. Don't push away from me. Don't be sorry. You did nothing wrong." He tells me as he wraps his arm back around my waist pulling me back down to him.

"Ev I trust you. Don't ever think I don't. I want to tell you everything but I don't want to loose you. I'm not sure what's going on between us but I do know I want to be around you all the time.

" I mean I can't go five minutes not fucking thinking about you. Please just trust me. I will tell you. I promise. I just need time." He explained to me.

Is it really that bad he thinks he'll loose me? How fucked up is his past? I'm already a mess. My life is a hot fucking mess. Can I really handle anything else?  I feel his hand reach my cheek and wipe away my tears. I didn't realize I was even crying. The warmth from his hand makes me shiver. I love feeling him touch me.

I still have so many questions that I need him to answer. Do I stay and trust him? My mind is telling me to run, to run as fast as I can but my heart is telling me to stay. He hasn't shown me a real reason to run but he's keeping something from me and it scares the shit out of me.

"Baby, please tell me what you're thinking. Please." His thumb runs across my cheek lightly drying off the rest of the tears.

" I don't want to loose you either." Is all I can manage to tell him. His eyebrows knit together and I can tell he knows there's more to what I'm thinking. He sits up quickly so he's only a few inches from my face. He stares at me for what feels like a lifetime but it's probably been only seconds. I feel his breath wash over my face. I'm not sure if he's angry for not saying more or is not sure what to say to me.

Before I can ask his lips crash into mine stealing my breath away. I slightly part my lips allowing his tongue entrance. Our lips move together slowly making up for the words that can't be said between us.

My fingers wrap around the back of his neck feeling his soft waves between my fingers. I pull him closer to me not wanting to feel any more space between us. My hands trails down to the hem of his shirt and pull it over his head. His eyes have grown darker but not with anger but with lust. The look alone makes a puddle between my thighs.

He grabs my oversized sweat shirt and rips it over my head leaving me in only my bra. His eyes widen realizing the missing material on my lower half.

"you said you preferred me to not wear any." I remind him.

I hear a growl come from the back of his throat and his lips crash back into mine. His fingers run across my back unclasping my bra, he throws it onto my bedroom floor. Leaving me completely naked and at his mercy.His rough hands make their way around to my breast kneading them. His lips leave mine and trail down to my collarbone. He takes my nipple into his warm mouth and sucks causing my nipples to harden. His tongue trails down the valley between my breast and takes my other nipple into his mouth giving it the same attention as the other. A moan escapes my lips.

His hand leaves my breast while his mouth still sucks on the one bud.I feel the warmth of his hand hover over my core then He slowly rolls his finger onto my clit. He quickens his pace then enters two of his long fingers into me making me moan loudly. I can feel his fingers curl inside me hitting just the right spot. I can feel my release forming in the pit of my stomach. Just as I'm about to finish he pulls his fingers out of me leaving me panting for more. He replaced his fingers with his soft warm mouth.

"You taste so damn good. I need more."

With that he slides me back on to the bed and spreads my legs apart. His large hands push my thighs down as his lips lock onto my clit and begin sucking. I'm not sure how much more I can take.

His tongue quickly slides up and down my slit and then plunges deep into my core making me cry out his name. His tongue licks up and down my folds and plunges back into me one more time causing my orgasm to take over me. He slowly lifts his head from between my legs and I can see my arousal glisten off his lips. He lays beside me pulling the comforter over my naked body and pulls me into his chest. My body fits perfectly with in his.

"You're so beautiful. Good night baby." He whispers in my ear. It's the last thing I hear before sleep consumes me.