36. Running Through My Mind

Cohen

"What do you mean there's nothing we can do? I can't have her fucking up my life like she has done before. She needs to be fired!"

My patients is wearing thin and so is my energy. Ive been pacing this room since seven this morning waiting for Zach to answer my phone calls. He's lucky I waited till now to talk but honestly it was Ev that kept my phone away or I would've called early this morning.

I'm supposed to be at the gym right now but instead I'm on the phone with my manager and highly pissed off.

"I can't have her playing games with my career Zach!" I continue to spit out.

"Trust me I hate this just as much as you do. But it's kinda hard to come up with a justifiable reason for her to get fired plus she's under contract so something major besides You being upset with her will get her fired. As your manager I will do everything in my power to make sure she doesn't do anything to jeopardize your place on the team." He tells me I can tell he's trying to stay calm for my sake but my calmness jumped out the window when I read the note last night.

Looking forward to having dinners with you soon. Call me if you need anything your new PR -Taylor.

Knowing Taylor she's done this on purpose. She's been nonexistent in my life for the past six or so months and now all of a sudden she wants to come back here to Seattle. There's no need for her to be back since her brother and parents moved away right after we left so why the hell is she back and has to work on the same team as me?

"I wish there was more that I could do Cohen, I really do but like I said she's under a contract so there's not much I can say or do. We just need to be careful on what you say and do to keep your image good. I have your back don't worry." Zach tries to calm me down again but the thought of Taylor being back in my life somewhat and gets to control what I look like to the world has me fuming.

"One more fucking thing she gets to control in my life and we're not even together anymore. Damn it!" I say to myself right before I bang my hand against the guest bedroom wall.

"Cohen you'll be fine don't let her get the best of you man. I'll try to figure out if there's a way for us to keep our distance and I'll make sure if she needs to speak with you she speaks to me and only me."

I sigh feeling the tension building in my temples. All this stress and not sleeping is giving me a headache. I know Zach will do everything in his power to keep her at arms length but I still feel like she'll figure a way around it.

"Thanks Zach." I mumble as I rub my thumb against my throbbing temple.

"Just keep like you've been doing. Keep to yourself and make sure Ev watches what she says and does to, it can reflect bad on you and the coaches already said they didn't want to see a repeat of what happened to you before. It's not going to last forever Cohen." He sighs through the phone.

I know he's right but the thought of her being around makes me want to punch something or someone.

" I'm sorry to cut this short but I have meetings to attend to and I know you have training soon. Go get some rest and stop fucking hitting the wall you need your hand for Christ sakes! If you need anything else call me."

I tell him thanks again and sit on the edge of the guest bed. I throw my phone onto the bed beside me and rub my right hand with my left.

Now Ev is apart of this, she has to watch what she does and say and I fucking hate that. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable at all. I've already been through this in being in the public eye. Paparazzi and reporters are ruthless. The simplest shit can be turned into something so dramatic and severe so quickly.