2. Everything Hurts

The city lights are becoming a blur not only from the rain but the tears that I finally let flow in the comfort of my Jeep.

I'm on auto pilot. Just driving. I just needed to get out of there. His face. Her legs. It's all plastered in my head.

Before I realize it I'm parked in a drive way. Im not at all surprised I'm here. This is like my second home. I lean my head on the steering wheel taking a few long deep breaths trying to calm myself before I go to the door.

Finally I get out of the comfort of my car and walk to the front door. I close my eyes and let my knuckles rake across the wood. I only have to wait a few moments till the mahogany door opens with my best friend staring at me holding a glass of wine of her own. Her face turns from relaxed to worry with in seconds.

I can't manage to look up. Tears are still trapped between my eye lashes. The tears won't stop.

"Ev?Are you okay? What's wrong? What happened?!" My best friend fires questions at me. All she had to do was ask if I was okay and I just broke down. I start to sob again barely making it into her house. She wraps her arms around my shoulders to help support me to walk. Everything hurts, mentally, physically but mostly emotionally.

"What happened? You're scaring me!" She ask while rubbing my back. I sit down on one of her bar stools that surrounded an island in her kitchen while leaning my head in my hands on the cool grey granite for support .

I open my mouth to tell her what's wrong but the words just can't make it out. Tears are still sliding down my flushed cheeks. I'm so embarrassed and angry.

" I walked in on Kyle" I sniffle through the tears.Her eyebrows bunch questioning to what I say but she stays silent so I can keep talking. "I came home early from work and I went to go find him since he wasn't answering me when I walked inside my apartment." I wipe the snot from my nose. " There were clothes every where and then I walked in on Kyle fucking my sister." I hear her gasp.

I finally look up to see her mouth wide open , She looks just as shocked as when I saw it for myself. "No. Way." Is all she could put together.

I put my head back in my hands trying to shake the images out of my head. I need some Tylenol ASAP.

It seemed like forever once Avery could comprehend what I just told her. She came around the island and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. "Boys are jerks and only think with their dicks." She assured me.

I nod wiping my nose one more time. " I can't go back there. I can't look at him right now. There's no fixing this." I say fighting back tears.

I look down at my hand removing my engagement ring and slid it across the counter.

It's over.

"You know you can stay here for as long as you need. We can go back to your place tomorrow while Kyle is working and pack up your stuff so you don't have to see him." I nod my head in agreement with her plan even though the thought of going back to the apartment gives me anxiety.

Thank God I have Avery to get me through this.

Avery Saunders as you already figured out is my best friend. Actually she's really my only friend. I like to keep my circle small. We had no other choice to be best friends seeing as Her mom and my mom have been friends since their college days and it made us friends since the womb. But I wouldn't choose anyone else to share my drama with.

"C'mon Ev lets order some take out, drink some wine and binge watch Grey's Anatomy. I know it won't change anything but it could make you feel a little better." She says while pulling me from the barstool to her huge grey sectional in her living room. She knows me too well , I cant resist wine and Dr. McDreamy.

I need something to make this day a little less shittier.