Departure

Here's a new chapter, I do hope you're enjoying the story so far, things will start picking up a bit soon. Anyway enjoy this new chapter

Two days later.....

Davina's pov

"Yes!" I shout in victory as the ship finally turns on "she's alive" Rocket says looking around the control room as the lights turn on, when the ship is on lights come on. Kol stands to the side observing everything "I am Groot" Groot says nodding in approval as the ship engine roars to life. "yes it is ready to take off" I reply "so what happens now you've gotten the ship working?" Kol asks "well I need to check retrace my last whereabouts on this ship, I need to pinpoint where I was and see if I can figure out what happened to me to cause me to lose my memories along with finding out how I got here" I respond he nods "that shouldn't be a problem, I installed a memory system and it should backtrack your previous whereabouts, where you were last" Rocket exclaims "oh great could you get it up?" I ask he nods and walks over to the control panel and presses a few buttons. A square blue screen appears out of thin air and a code bar appears on screen so Rocket quickly types in the code and a map appears "that's odd" Rocket says squinting his eyes as he looks at the screen. "What's odd?" I ask "I'm trying to pinpoint your last location to the place you were before the planet where me and Groot found your ship. It's obvious your ship didn't just land there it had crashed on that planet and it told us no sign of you ever being on that planet" Rocket explains "what is my last location?" I ask "give me a minute, I'm just finding that out" he replies typing some keys on the little key board in front of him. "Davina I can't quite pin point an exact location but I did find something. You apparently had been in the ship before it crashed, something had to have crashed into you, there were signs of your engine and controls being disabled before you crashed" Rocket says I frown at his words "what on earth crashed into me? How could my engine and controls be disabled?" I question he shrugs "I have no idea but I have just now pin pointed a previous location of yours which dates back nearly three months" he replies "where?" I ask "Xandar" he replies "home world of Nova Corps an intergalactic police task force. I wonder why I was there?" I ponder Rocket shrugs "who knows but if you were there it had to have been important. Nobody goes to Xandar unless well you're a criminal or you've been called to assist them in tracking a criminal" he replies "well at least we've figured out one of my whereabouts before I ended up here" I respond standing next to Rocket as he searches the memory system for my last whereabouts. "Uh Davina I've sort of pinpointed your last location before you disappeared and ended up here but it's not clear. The system is telling me you were somewhere near Titan" he explains my blood suddenly goes cold at the name and a searing pain shoots through my body. "I-I think that's enough retracing today" I say before running out the ship as I feel myself about to go into a panic attack for some reason. 

Once outside I kneel down and bury my head in my hands as I wait as the pain washes over me "Davina are you alright?" Kol asks suddenly appearing next to me "y-yeah I'm fine" I respond as I lift my head up "are you sure? You looked like you were in pain just then" he responds "I don't know" I respond sitting myself on the floor not caring that I'm in the middle of the woods. "Talk to me love" he says sitting next to me "Titan that name made my blood cold and I just felt pain all over my body. I have no idea but I can only imagine it's because something bad happened to me" I explain "that might very well be the case even though you don't remember what happened but that doesn't mean parts of your brain haven't. Something obviously triggered in your brain when you heard that word otherwise you wouldn't have acted the way you did" he replies wrapping an arm around my waist and I close my eyes as I place my head on his shoulder. "I don't know if I'll be able to handle getting my memories back if it means having to endure whatever bad thing happened to me but I do know I need to remember even if it causes me pain" I respond "I'll help you the best I can but just don't over do yourself with trying to remember. Take one step at a time and I think it's fare to say you've found out enough for one day" he replies planting a kiss on my forehead "yeah you're right. Come on let's head back inside" I respond standing up and pulling Kol up with me. We head back inside the ship "I am Groot" Groot says as we enter the ship "I'm fine Groot, I just needed some fresh air" I reply he nods and goes back to what he was doing before we reentered.