Returned

Here's a new chapter, I hope you like it.

The next day.....12 pm

Kol's pov

Me and Davina were on a helicopter which was being flown by Clint Barton as he was taking us to the safe house that Director Fury had sorted for Davina and Hope. Cami and Hope were already there since Clint had flown them there yesterday. 

Davina's cat Trigger is curled up on her lap purring away as Davina pets his head. The furry creature doesn't seem to leave her side for a single moment. Davina said it's because she raised him since he was a baby and that they have a close bond. 

"So what are your plans going to be now?" Clint suddenly asks Davina "just relax and look after my goddaughter and prepare for this baby" Davina replies with a hand placed on her stomach "well after what's happened you should do all the relaxing you can before something else comes along" Clint replies making me and Davina frown. "What do you mean by that?" she asks "well with the whole attack on New York, I don't quite think that will be the first time we have to face an alien army or deal with such a threat. I reckon there will be another" Clint explains "I sure hope there won't be" Davina replies "me too. My wife gets worried whenever I get called into work. She wishes I could have a safer job but this job at SHIELD is the best I have and it allows me to help out and protect the world, to make it safer for my kids" Clint replies "you do what you gotta do" Davina responds "so do you have any idea of who may have been mind controlling your father?" Clint asks making me frown "mind controlled?" I ask looking at Davina in question. "Yeah my father was being mind controlled when he attacked. Something ugly got in his head and he couldn't quite shake it off" she replies looking down at her lap so I reach out and grab one of her hands causing her to look up at me. "Hey I'm here for you" I say sincerely squeezing her hand making her smile "I know" she replies squeezing my hand in response. She turns back to Clint and answers his question "I don't know who was mind controlling him but I do know they have to be really powerful if they managed to mind control someone as intelligent as my father. My father may cause a lot of trouble but that's never been his intention, his mischief is a cover up but nobody actually realizes how smart my father is and he's always been guarded and careful with his mind and himself. He knows when something is too much of a threat to face, he would never be stupid enough to put himself into something dangerous. He's a man of his own mind and power, he's hard to break so that's why whoever mind controlled them is a big threat because they managed to get into one of the most intellectual and intelligent man's heads and made him their little puppet and that doesn't settle well with me" Davina explains "do you think you could figure out who it was?" Clint asks there's a moment of silence after that. "Yes but to do that I need to speak with my father and get in his head because whatever mind controlled him will have left fragments in his mind, when someone has been controlled there is always a fragment or a scar left behind and it's buried deep in their minds but I can't possibly talk to my father now" she replies "why not?" I ask "because he's facing punishment for what he's done. I'm not allowed to visit him until said otherwise besides even if I were allowed to talk to him. My father will never reveal to me who mind controlled him, he's always gone out of his way to protect me from things that he thinks are too dangerous for me to know so I reckon he will withhold the truth from me" Davina explains I can hear the worry and sadness in her voice making me frown. She constantly worries about others and hasn't really stopped to take care of herself especially since her father attacked New York. She could've died the other day when she disposed of the missile and she hasn't really come to terms with that. She hasn't let any of this sink in properly, she's just trying to ignore it all and bury it within her instead of letting it out and focusing on herself. It's then I see the bags under her eyes and the exhaustion in her eyes, she may have gotten a tone of sleep last night but it's clear these last few days have taken a toll on her making me worry for her. I'm baffled and upset at the fact I'm only just noticing how worn out she looks perhaps I was busy focusing on being with her again and seeing her after three awfully long months to even notice. I can't leave her like this, no way am I going back to New Orleans any time soon. My priority right now is making sure she remains calm and stress free and gets back to her normal happy self.