Dinner and a tour

New chapter, I hope you like it. Enjoy.

Continues from previous chapter....

A few hours later...

Davina's pov

Me and Kol are making our way to the palace dining room for dinner. After I feed Gideon, he fell asleep so I put him in his crib and me and Kol decided to catch up on some much needed sleep.

Now we're heading to dinner, for now we aren't wearing currently Asgardian wear. I'm wearing a simple long maroon dress which is made of lace and silk and I've paired it with a pair of gladiator sandals so what I'm wearing is not completely unusual from what an Asgardian woman would wear. As for Kol he's wearing black pants and a navy blue shirt with black boots.

As for my adorable baby boy, I've dressed him in a blue shirt, black pants and black sneakers which he looks super cute in and honestly he looks like Kol's mini me right now.

We finally arrive at the dining room and I knock before we enter. "We have arrived grandfather" I announce "right on time too" he replies standing up from his seat at the table. Kol's siblings are already seated at the table with Hayley sat next to Elijah on one end with Hope sat in a high chair next to her. "We do apologize for the slight delay. We kind of over slept" I say "it's alright dear, you don't need to explain yourself. I understand completely" grandmother speaks up giving me a smile as me and Kol sit ourselves down, I place Gideon in a high chair next to me, it's a high chair suitable for a two month old baby. "Where's my uncle and father?" I ask looking around the table to see no sign of my father and uncle "your uncle has been called away for something so he'll be late for dinner and your father is sitting out on dinner tonight and will be eating in his chambers" grandfather informs me "why is he eating alone and not here with us?" I ask with a frown "I asked him to sit out" he replies "why the hell would you do that? It's kind of mean to exclude him from family dinner" I respond "I only asked him to sit out because I wished to speak to you all alone and this dinner is a welcome for the Mikaelson's" he explains "if you wish to speak to us alone then call us to your throne room and not during dinner which is suppose to be a family thing" I retort "I mean no disrespect to your father who was more than okay with sitting out on dinner tonight" grandfather replies making me sigh "very well I suppose if he's alright with it then it's okay" I respond before sighing. "So what do you want to talk about?" I ask "a number of things but first let's start off with Gideon's christening" he suggests as servers suddenly enter bringing in the food which is covered by gold lid tops to keep the food hot. They walk over and place the food down on the table before removing the lids revealing the food which consists of ham, deer, chicken, corn on the cobs, roast potatoes, various vegetables, gravy, salad, sauces to go with the meats and desserts. Yes desserts as in more than one, there's a chocolate cake dessert which is like fondant with a gooey bit in the centre, there's trifle and an Asgardian mountain cake which is Asgard's own type of cake which is really nice and it's something we always have when we have guest. We usually have all the food brought out at the same time but a little spell is placed on the desserts to either keep them hot or cold.

I stifle a giggle at the looks on the Mikaelson's faces "wow um this is a lot of food" Elijah says clearing his throat "you think this is a lot? This is nothing. Usually when my uncle and his friends are present. There is more food because my uncle and his friends eat a ton" I respond "that is true but Thor is a big man and he needs to keep up his energy as being away keeping the peace within the nine realms requires him to have a lot of energy" Odin speaks up "thank heavens, he works out otherwise Thor would be a bit of a tubby right now" I respond earning a small look of disapproval from my grandfather while my grandmother has a little smirk on her face. "Anyway let's dig in, shall we?" Grandfather says gesturing to the food and we start helping ourselves to food.