Permission

I am really sorry for the lack of updates. I'm back at college and I'm doing my level 3 so I've got a lot of work to do plus my mental health hasn't been great as of late. Anyway here's this little chapter to make up for it.

The next day....

No one's pov

Davina woke up early that morning having been woken up by Gideon at 4 in the morning for a feed. She couldn't get back to sleep after that so she stayed up, cleaning up around the house and playing with the dragons. Davina had managed to get her father to watch Gideon as he slept while she got ready. Davina dressed herself in one of Kol's shirts and a pair of skinny jeans, she wore her hair in a plait which was left to the side. Davina felt a tiny bit better than she did yesterday but she still felt insecure about herself.

It was currently 7:30 am and Davina was preparing breakfast for everyone even though most of them were vampires but that didn't mean they didn't eat human food because they did. Hell they ate a load of food yesterday at the thanksgiving dinner Davina and Kol held.

Davina cast a spell over the food to keep everything warm as she heard Gideon begin to stir indicating he was waking up. She turned off the stove and wrapped the sausages and bacon she made with cling film as she had let the dragons in and they kept poking their heads in the kitchen, smelling the meaty foods. Davina had to shoo them out the kitchen since they tried nicking a raw sausage. The baby dragons were starting to get very mischievous. So Davina had to cling film the sausages and bacon so the dragons couldn't eat them but it's not like they wouldn't try. Dragons are deviant and stubborn creatures, probably why Davina and her father bond so well with them.

Davina left the kitchen, making sure to shut the door on her way out. She eyed the dragons peering round the corner at her and she giggled as they darted over to the kitchen door and growled as they realized it was shut. "Nice try boys" she called out as she went up the stairs. "Good morning Davina" Elijah greeted her in the hallway outside the guest bedroom he and Hayley had slept in "morning Elijah. There's breakfast ready in the kitchen if you want to start laying it out on the table for yourself and everyone" Davina informed "of course, I'll get right to it" Elijah replied as he fixed his tie "okay but just be careful. Mushu and Eragon are lurking around and they will try to steal one of the meaty foods" Davina warned "thanks for the warning, I'll make sure they don't touch the food" Elijah replied as he walked away and went downstairs. Davina continued her way to her son's room and walked past her father's room and saw he was inside, standing over the desk reading something as Trigger rubbed himself against her father's legs "what are you doing?" Davina asked startling Loki who didn't know she was there "just reading this book. It's about Earth witches" he replied glancing over his shoulder and at her "why are you reading that?" She asked "to try and understand earth witches a bit more. When Frigga told me stories of how she was raised by witches, she said they were good people, they liked to help people but earth witches are nothing like that" Loki replied to his daughter "well it's like you said, they're just not like the witches Frigga told you of. Earth witches are corrupted but I believe there's room for change except for those that tried to sacrifice me and my son because they can kiss my ass and go to hell" Davina replied making her father chuckle "I also want to learn about them for Gideon's sake" Loki said Davina opened her mouth to respond but stopped as Gideon cried from his room "hold that thought, I'll be right back" she said leaving the room and heading to Gideon's room.

She opened the door and entered the room "it's okay, I'm here" Davina cooed as she walked over to the crib and popped her head over the railings. "Hey there, my little prince. Why are you crying huh?" Davina cooed smiling down at her baby boy who's crying halted slightly at the sight and sound of his mother. Davina gently picked Gideon up and held him securely in her arms "you can't possibly be hungry. You've got half an hour before you're due for another feed" she cooed as she gently bounced Gideon in her arms. Gideon stopped crying as Davina cooed and gently bounced him in her arms. "There, there my sweet child. You're okay, you just needed some attention" Davina said softly as she stroked his head making him coo. Davina smiled and placed a kiss on her son's head as she left the room and headed back to her father's room.