Family dinner

Here's a new chapter, sorry about the lack of updates, I'm on holiday which is nearly finished now so I've managed to get some time to write this chapter. Anyway I hope you like it.

Three weeks later.... Gideon is now seven weeks old, Hope has just turned one years old and it's nearly Thanksgiving (I'm not American but from what I've heard Thanksgiving is in the fall/Autumn at least I think it is. If this is wrong, I apologise, I will change it but I'm just focusing on the chapter at the moment)

Davina's pov

So I'm currently making a big dinner as Kol's siblings, Hayley and Hope are coming over for dinner. We've been living here for a few weeks now and they have yet to come over and see us since Klaus kept being difficult and insisted that we come to New Orleans but we declined since we don't want to travel much because Gideon's too young for long distance traveling. Hayley came up three weeks ago with Hope when it was her 1st birthday and Rebekah had accompanied her but they left after a few hours. So now finally after some persuading, they are all finally coming over for dinner since I said I would cook for them and we're just going to spend time together.

I have been cooking for like half the day and I'm in a pair of baggy pants and a shirt. My hair is in a messy bun, I have no make up on, I have spit up on my shirt. So be truthful, I look like shit. I just haven't found time to get ready as I've been going to and from, seeing to Gideon when I haven't been seeing to the food until my father stepped in and decided to help mind Gideon and help Kol clean up around the house

"Kol are they here yet?" I call out from the kitchen. I need to know for two reasons. One, I need to get dressed and make myself look presentable and two, I need to get all the food out on to plates, ready to be put out on the table "Rebekah said they're about ten minutes away" Kol responds walking into the kitchen with Gideon in his arms. I instantly smile seeing that he's awake as he had been sleeping "look who's finally awake? he could smell your delightful cooking" Kol cooed as he gently rocked Gideon in his arms making me smile softly at the sight "could you get my father to set the table?" I ask "of course, love" he replies giving me a kiss on the cheek before exiting the kitchen to get my father.

I open the oven to check the turkey since it's currently fall and an American celebration called Thanksgiving is coming up meaning there is a lot of turkey available in stores. "A little bit longer" I mutter popping the turkey back in the oven just keep it warm since it is done but a few minutes more won't hurt plus it's a big turkey since there's going to be quite a few of us. I glance at the stuff that is ready like the homemade cranberry sauce, homemade apple sauce, the stuffing and gravy which needs reheating to make sure it doesn't get a skin and get all lumpy and nasty.

I glance at the little mirror in the kitchen and sigh. I look a mess, I have flour on my cheeks and in my hair. How does Kol not find me repulsive? I don't remember the last time I felt pretty. I never have enough time to dress up or do my make up because I have Gideon to see too. He's only seven weeks old but he's a very needy baby. He's dependant on me since I breast feed him. Obviously Kol looks after him too, Gideon is his son too so he doesn't leave me to do all the work. We're a team, we compromise and we work together to raise Gideon. My father has also been on hand to help which has been great but things are still a little hard  It's still the early stages of Parenthood which usually are the toughest but I don't remember it being this hard with Hope and I looked after her alone for six months. Saying that I didn't have baby dragons to look after too and I didn't have to breastfeed her though and she was pretty laid back so I was able to have a few minutes to gather myself and get ready.

I course love Gideon to bits, he's my baby and I'd never trade him for the world. I just wonder how can Kol look so good in the morning after a lack of sleep with no effort whatsoever yet I wake up in the morning looking and feeling like shit.