Invasion

Here's a new chapter, I hope you like it. Now this is where the avengers will tie into the story.

The parts written in italic means they've already happened like a flash back of shorts. You'll see what I mean as you read the chapter.

Also just so you know in the story it is now March. Hope was born in October so it's a small change and I just wanted to let you know. Hope is six months old here and just so you're aware there might be slight changes to the dialog of the avengers plot. it will of course be the same but I'm changing a few things in order to fit Davina into the story.

3 months later....March 7th 2012

The night before

No one's pov

Out in the New Mexico desert, a secret remote research facility was in a state of panic as there was a evacuation about to take place. A black helicopter flew in the sky heading towards the scene. The scene before it though looked like pure chaos as there were men running around in a fast pace and they were clearly in a hurry.  Soldiers that were on foot jumped on to the big military truck and drove away as fast as they could. 

Stood at the landing pad was a man in a suit and wearing shades that made him look badass. This man was Agent Phil Coulson and he stood peering at the helicopter as it landed. The helicopter door opened and a woman quickly got off. This was Agent Maria Hill, one of SHIELDS fiercest and determined agents. Climbing out of the helicopter after her was SHIELD director Nick Fury. Agent Hill and Director Fury approached Agent Coulson "so how bad is it?" Fury asked "uh that's the problem, sir. We don't know" Agent Coulson replied before beginning to lead Hill and Fury into the facility.

Agent Coulson lead them to the radiation unit of the facility. Hundreds of technicians and other staff were hurrying around the place, grabbing and taking essentials only. "Dr Selvig read an energy surge from the tesseract four hours ago" Agent Coulson spoke making Fury frown slightly "NASA didn't authorize Selvig to test phase" he said "that's the thing though, he wasn't testing it. He wasn't even in the room. It was quite a spontaneous advancement" Coulson explained "so it just turned itself on?" Agent Hill asked as she walked beside Fury and Coulson. "What are the energy levels now?" Fury questioned "climbing, when Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered the evacuation" Coulson informed him "how long to get everybody out?" Fury asked "the campus should be clear in the next half an hour" Coulson replied Fury stopped and stared at him for a moment "do better" he said before turning round and walking off. 

They continued heading down to the radiation facility floor "Sir, evacuation might be futile" Agent Hill said "we should tell them to go back to sleep" Fury responded clearly not impressed. "If we can't control the tesseract's energy , there may not be a safe distance" Hill explained to the Director. "I need you to make sure phase 2 prototypes are shipped out" Fury informed her "is that really a priority right now?" Hill asked a little frustrated with the director although she didn't show it. Fury stopped and turned to Agent Hill "until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to keep spinning. Clear out the tech below, I want every piece of phase 2 on a truck and gone" he informed her "yes sir" Hill replied turning to a few Agents that were standing by "come with me" she said before walking away with the few agents in tow. 

Director Nick Fury entered the lab facility where the Tesseract was being held by a apparatus which kept the glowing blue cube in place. "Talk to me, doctor" Fury said as Dr Selvig emerged from behind the apparatus, looking quite concerned. The Tesseract was glowing unusually brighter and flare rings were shooting out at random. "Director" Dr Selvig said "is there anything we know for certain?" he asked "the Tesseract is misbehaving" the doctor replied "Is that supposed to be funny?" Fury asked narrowing his one good eye "no sir, it's not funny at all. The Tesseract is not only active but she's misbehaving" Selvig informed the director "how soon until you pull the plug?" Fury questioned "she's an energy source. If we turn off the power, she turns it back on. If she reaches peak level..." Selvig explained but was cut off by Fury "we've prepared for this, doctor. Harnessing energy from space" he said "we don't have the harness sir. Our calculations are far from complete and now she's throwing off interference, radiation. Nothing harmful though, just low levels of gamma radiation" Selvig explained "that can be harmful. Where's Barton?" Fury asked glancing around for the person in question. "The Hawk? He's up in his nest as usual.