Ice bath

Here's a new chapter, I hope you like it.

One month later....

Davina's pov

I huff as I hurl two bags of ice cubes up the stairs to mine and Kol's bathroom. I'm feeling overheated and usually heat doesn't bother me but obviously because I'm pregnant and my baby is half Jotun and half Asgardian like me, my little bubba likes my body to be at a scorching hot temperature and my little bubba also likes my body to be at an ice cold temperature too which is difficult for me since I can lower my body temperature but I'm the Goddess of fire which means when I try to keep my body temperature cool, my body will instantly start heating up. It's like I have an inner battle between fire and ice going on inside of me. My body tries to find a balance between hot and cold but the baby through no fault of his or her own, likes to change my body temperature from ice cold to blazing hot and right now I'm literally burning up. My body keeps glowing but I manage to cool myself before I literally burst into flames which obviously won't hurt me but that doesn't mean it won't hurt my little bubba and I don't want to take any chances. So I'm going to resort to extreme measures to cool my body temperature down to very cool since that's what my instincts are telling me to do.

I currently have six bags of ice cubes in the bathroom "hmm nope. This won't do, I'm gonna need another bag or two" I mutter before exiting the bathroom and the bedroom. I make my way down the stairs and walk past Hayley, Freya, Rebekah and Hope who are watching some chick flick on the tv except for Hope who is playing on the floor with Trigger sleeping near by. "Hey Davina, are you alright?" Hayley asks concern laced in her voice "yeah, I'm fine. What makes you think I'm not?" I ask "well you've walked up and down the stairs for the last 10 minutes, taking bags of ice cubes up there. So what gives? Are you having a little ice cube feast?" Hayley asks since I still have a bit of a craving for ice cubes "no, no ice cube feast. I'm just feeling very hot today and I need to cool down" I respond "well, how many bags of ice do you need to cool down?" Rebekah asks "enough to fill the bath tub" I respond turning on my heal and heading to the kitchen "wait, what?" Rebekah asks jumping up from the couch and walking after me. "I said I need enough to fill the bath tub. I'm going to have an ice bath" I respond as I open the freezer and pull out the last three bags that I find in there along with a cola flavored ice pop "is that safe?" Rebekah asks as I shut the freezer and unwrap the ice pop, putting the wrapper in the bin and popping the sweet, cold ice stick in my mouth "oh it is safe. Women who carry a jotun fetus always have ice baths and since Davina is half Jotun and half Asgardian and she is the Goddess of fire. She needs to monitor her temperature to avoid any difficulties" my father speaks up as he suddenly enters the kitchen "what sort of difficulties?" Rebekah asks "well if Davina gets too hot while she's pregnant, she could pass out or burst into flames and we want to avoid her getting that hot while she's with child since we don't know if fire will have a negative effect on the baby and Davina can't get too cold either because if she gets too cold, she could get sick and go into what Jotun's call a short winter coma" my father explains "a short winter coma? That's a thing?" Rebekah asks "oh yes. It only occurs if a woman carrying a Jotun child whether that woman is half Jotun or not, gets too cold. A Jotun offspring is incredibly strong and they do prefer their mothers bodies to be really cold but from what it seems. The child Davina is carrying seems to like being in both hot and cold temperature which is why her temperature keeps changing but if her body gets too cold. She will going into a short winter coma, which lasts around two-three weeks and the pregnant woman's body keeps at a low temperature which could have an affect on Davina when she needs to be at a luke warm temperature to maintain her resistance to heat and cold. The same goes for when she gets too hot while she's still pregnant" my father explains "yeah, what he said" I respond too lazy to repeat what my father said. "Wouldn't having an ice bath make her get too cold?" Rebekah questions "not at all. The coolness as well as the dampness of the ice cubes will cool and sooth my body but my body will fight to keep at a warm temperature until it's at a temperature where I'm no longer feeling like I'm gonna sweat bullets and I also won't get too cold" I respond as I suck at my ice pop as I walk past Rebekah and my father with three bags of ice in my hands. "Let me, take two of those" my father says taking two bags of ice from me "thanks papa" I reply as we leave the kitchen and make our way up the stairs. "So where's Kol?" my father asks "he's gone out to the city with Klaus and Elijah" I explain as we enter mine and Kol's bedroom. "What's he doing?" he asks "he said he was picking up something for the baby. Well that and Klaus needed to meet negotiate with someone about something" I respond as I head into the bathroom and plonk the bag of ice on the floor. "Nothing to worry about though. Kol should be back very soon" I say as I put the plug in the plug hole in the bath tub. Me and my father start opening the bags of ice and pouring the ice cubes into the bathtub, one bag at a time.