9. Friends?

He lied in bed, reading for the rest of the day, drowning himself in one book after another. Luckily he didn't need his glasses to read. He couldn't find them, they were probably somewhere deep down in the lake by now, he'll just get new ones somewhen.
He also had to get his uniform cleaned. He didn't have a second uniform and was still wearing Seungmin's, which he felt bad for. The other boy didn't even know him, yet gave him his uniform because his friends Sister knows Jisung.
Thinking back, Jisung saw Seungmin hanging around with that one guy of Hufflepuff most of the time when he saw him. So he can't be a bad guy, right? Or maybe Hufflepuff isn't that innocent as they pretend to be.
Jisung quickly noticed that he can't concentrate on his books now anymore. But there was nothing else he could do. There was most probably no WiFi at Hogwarts, even though he didn't test it out yet, neither did he want to leave his room, as it was the only place where he was at peace, somehow at least, and he was yet to find a room with music instruments where he could be alone.
His thoughts were interrupted by a knocking on his door. First, he hesitated to even stand up, on one hand, because of the pain on the other hand due to the possibility of an asshole standing in front of it, but after a few seconds, the person knocked once again. "Jisung? Are you in there?", a voice asked which Jisung sorted to Seungmin.
Slowly he stood up and opened the door, looking directly into the smiling face of the other.
"Uhm... Come in" he then told him, stepping aside so he could enter the room, which he then did. Jisung closed the door behind him again.
"Woah, I've never seen a room for one person alone" Seungmin mumbled, looking around the room until his eyes fixed on Jisung again, who looked at him with a questioning expression.
"I wanted to talk to you" he then stated. First Jisung though he wanted to talk about what happened on the past day, but he didn't. "Just to get to know each other more, you know? I know you don't talk often but maybe I can change that a bit? It'll become boring if you don't have anyone to talk to" Seungmin said, it was a bit too much for Jisung at first, not knowing what intention the other had, but he thought to himself that not everyone has a bad intention so he decides to give it a try.
"And what do you want to talk about?", he then asked the boy who sat down on his chair by now.
Seungmin had to think for a second.
"Felix told me that you were quite good with magic even though this is your first year here. How do you know so much about this all and how are you able to use the magic? I don't think someone is able to use magic just by reading about it" Seungmin started with the first question.
"I actually do read about most of it and just hope that it will work when I need to use it" Jisung answered him, not telling him the whole truth to go around a few questions he definitely didn't want to answer any time soon.
"I wish I could learn like that. It took me three years to properly learn something you do perfectly right the first time you try" Seungmin whined. Jisung somehow felt bad for not telling him the whole truth even though he shouldn't.

"Well at least you have friends". Jisung wasn't planning on saying that but it just slipped out. Surprised by himself he held his hand in front of his mouth and looked away, hoping the other didn't hear it.
But of course he did.
"It's not like you couldn't have friends. You just don't want to talk to other people" Seungmin clarified.
Yes, to prevent at least a bit bullying...
"Would you just start to talk to random people you don't know? People who already have their group of friends and know each other for at least 3 years? When nobody wants to talk to you because you're an outsider?", Jisung questioned the other. He felt mean, just kinda throwing these words at Seungmin even though he didn't do anything wrong but he didn't think that he could imagine how he felt coming to Hogwarts at this time.
"I don't know" Seungmin admitted "but I would try to make the best of it. It's not like no one has tried to talk to you right?" he continued.
How did the younger always manage to hit the bullseye?
Jisung didn't know what to answer to that and instead continued to look around his own room.
"Think about it, yeah? We'll be sitting at the same table before every meal, ok?", he then told him, getting up from the chair again, going towards the door.
"And also, you're not alone. Maybe we don't understand your point of view or what situation you are in, but you're not alone" he ended and left the room, leaving Jisung alone, alone with his thoughts, which he had too many of right now.
He didn't know what to think anymore, let alone what to think about the boy and what he just told him.
Is he telling the truth? Or is he lying to him just to stab him in the back as soon as he trusts those people?
Jisung decided to think about something else, knowing it wouldn't be good for him to continue like that. Instead he sat down at his desk, beginning to read the first book he could reach, escaping his thoughts and just getting his mind onto his school works.
The only thing he then started wondering about after a while was, why and how the letter got to him and why he decided to follow it.

_______________
I hope you liked this part as well uwu
I was planning on updating yesterday but I just couldn't make it sorry owo

If you liked it feel free to let me know uwu

Phi 🦊