39. Weight

The other boys also got out of the bath, soon after Changbin went to search for Felix.
They saw how Felix was talking to Jisung before the latter called out for Changbin who then rushed over to him and let the two leave after a small chat.
And they also saw how fast Jisung's smile faded as soon as the two Gryffindor boys were out of his sight and he made his way, probably to his own room. It was also hard to unsee how tired the boy seemed to be. Did he really talk to Dumbledore until now?

Jisung seemed so deep in his thoughts that he didn't even notice that he walked passed the group of boys, neither did he notice that he almost ran into Professor Sprout if it wasn't for her stepping out of the way the last second.

For the rest of the day no one heard anything from nor have they seen Jisung anywhere and he also didn't answer or even read the messages in the group chat so Seungmin decided to pay him a visit and look what's up with the boy.
But what he didn't expect to find was a curled up Jisung crying into his pillows, not even noticing how Seungmin entered the room after getting no kind of reaction to his knocks.
"Jisung, what happened?", Seungmin asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed, but Jisung still didn't react at all.
Seungmin carefully placed his hand on Jisung's shoulder, making the boy jump, jerking his head up and looking at Seungmin with reddened eyes.
"What happened, Jisung?", Seungmin once again asked hoping he would get an answer now, that he had his attention.
"Noth-... it's nothing" Jisung finally said, wiping away the tears running down his cheeks.
"This most definitely isn't nothing, Jisung" Seungmin told him in a stern voice.
"No really, it's fine," Jisung told him, not daring to look at the other even for a second.
"It's not fine, you're crying" the younger once again argued, trying to get Jisung to look at him, but the boy constantly refused to.
"Please talk to me Jisung, something must have happened" he tried to convince him to talk.
Yet, the said boy only shook his head, trying not to let more tears fall from his eyes. "I just need some time alone" he mumbled, so quiet that Seungmin almost didn't hear it.
But Seungmin didn't plan on leaving him by himself just yet. "Did something happen in Dumbledore's office?", he asked, but Jisung denied.
After that they stayed silent for a while, Seungmin still trying to somehow read Jisung's expression for anything that would tell him what happened.
Jisung took a deep breath before turning to Seungmin. He decided to tell him what he also told Minho in the library before. It's not the reason why he was crying just now, but it was still something that was weighing him down quite much.
Seungmin listened to everything he said, trying to cheer him up afterwards, even though it didn't help that much.

They just sat there for a while, not talking anymore, yet enjoying each other's company for the time being, until Seungmin took a look at his phone, seeing how late it already got, standing up from the bed.
"I should get going. Sleep well" he stated, going to the door.
"Good night" Jisung faintly said, watching Seungmin leave.

Jisung didn't come to breakfast, confusing the others and worrying Seungmin. He decided to go look for him before the first period starts to make sure that he actually was okay.
The first to notice the boy's worry was Chan but he didn't dare to ask him as he probably wouldn't tell him right away. So instead he gave him a reassuring pat on the back before he left for his own class.

Seungmin just went into Jisung's room without knocking.
"Seungmin, what the fuck?", Jisung yelped out, backing away a few steps, quickly buttoning up his shirt, hoping he was fast enough.
But the boy did, in fact, get a glance of a dark shadow on his left ribcage, but he couldn't say what it was, maybe a bruise?
"You didn't come to breakfast so I wanted to come and check on you" Seungmin quickly explained himself, smiling apologetically.
Jisung shrugged "I just wasn't hungry. And I also overslept" he told the younger while putting on his black and green necktie.
"What's your first subject?", Seungmin then asked, hoping to loosen the sudden tension between them.
"Transfiguration"
"Great, me too! Come on or we'll be late" Seungmin exclaimed and grabbed Jisung by the wrist to drag him along.

They arrived in the classroom only about a minute before McGonagall entered it, letting a piece of chalk writing the lesson's topic on the board: 'desk to pig'.
Quite a lot of students were confused, normally they'd transform a living being into an object, but not the other way around.
"Please clear your desk from any books, feathers or wands and then make groups of five for one table each" the woman commanded and the students followed without a word.
Jisung, Seungmin and Felix paired up with a Gryffindor called Jongho, who seemed to be one of Felix's friends, and a Slytherin called Haechan that Jisung never even saw if he was being honest.
After all groups found together, McGonagall demonstrated it once, then wrote down the correct pronunciation and showed the movement which the students first had to try out a couple of times without the spell so that the least possible would go wrong. After that, she told them the counter-spell before one student after another should try it on the desk.
Looking around, Jisung saw that also some of the others didn't make it perfectly the first time so he was relieved that it wouldn't be too bad if he also didn't make it on his first try.
Felix was the first in the group to try it, concentrating so much that he even seems to be holding his breath. He spoke the spell and closed his eyes shut, not wanting to know whether or not it worked.
"Almost, but just almost" Jongho then exclaimed laughing, patting Felix on the back.
The desk was almost fully transformed into a pig, only the legs stayed the same as before.
Felix pouted and let out a deep breath "well, better than nothing I guess" he then said before saying the counter-spell, turning it into a normal desk again.
Seungmin and Haechan both made it perfectly, giving each other a high five.
Then it was Jongho's turn, he also did it almost perfectly, but the pig was slightly deformed, causing Jongho to almost yell the counter-spell to make it disappear again. "I'm so gonna have a nightmare of that" he laughed. "Not only you" Felix commented, almost falling to the ground because he was laughing so hard.
Lastly, it was Jisung's turn. He didn't know exactly why, but he somehow felt more nervous than he usually did. But he tried not to think about it too much, took a deep breath and quietly spoke out the spell, hoping it to go well.
It went quite well, with one major mistake: the desk didn't turn into a pig, but into a piglet that was now running through the room like crazy, bumping into the other students and causing chaos with every step it made.
"Oh God damn" Jisung mumbled under his breath, asking why everything had to go wrong today.

________

Hellow~
School started today and as it's my last year it'll probably also be my most stressful one, so I might not be able to upload every week 😅

I also wanted to know if anyone would be interested in another project I've been working on (it's a fantasy/magic WooSan (+Yungi) fic) and if there'd be enough interest I might upload the first chapter of that on Friday? So please let me know if you'd like that :3

Otherwise, I hope y'all liked it, feel free to leave comments and likes uwu

Phi 💜