55. Bullshit

"Wow, you look like shit" Seungmin couldn't help but commenting, seeing the blonde boy through the screen.

"Well thank you, I haven't noticed," Jisung said sarcastically.
His voice was hoarse and he looked more than just tired, probably also caused by the lack of nutrition the last few days.
He stayed silent for a while before taking a deep breath. "How are Minho and Chan?", he asked, looking anywhere but his screen. Due to the small screen, he could only see Chaeyoung, Seungmin and Hyunjin and therefore couldn't exactly know that the others were there as well.
"I think you should talk to them yourself," Chaeyoung told him but he only shook his head.
"I don't think that I should" the boy gave back. "I actually think I shouldn't talk to anyone anymore, I don't do anything else than hurt people and worsen already bad situations" he then admitted in a whisper.
"You're talking bullshit again, Jisung," Chaeyoung said in a serious voice, startling the others as well as Jisung.

"I'm not, you don't understand what happened, do you?", he replied in a low tone.
"Then tell me what happened so I can understand!", she argued, trying not to be too loud as they were still in the library.
First, he just mumbled something, so that no one could understand what he said. "Jisung, you have to speak properly if you want me to hear it," Chaeyoung told him.
Jisung didn't even dare to lift his head when he repeated it. "They could've died because of it, because of me," he said, still in a mumbled, but louder this time. "I made their hearts freeze and they could've died because of me. You're brother actually almost died because I couldn't help him properly" he continued, voice breaking while talking, wiping away tears the others couldn't see. "I could've killed everyone there if I had made another mistake" he added before taking a deep breath and lifting his head. "So it's probably for everyone's best to just keep distance from me," he said with a smile, ending the call directly after.

To say that they were completely and utterly shocked and confused by what Jisung just told them was the least. They stayed silent for a while, trying to comprehend it. 

Most of them turned their eyes to Chan and Minho who were affected by what the boy said the most.
"But how do you reverse the spell if he says he couldn't help Minho but could be helped Chan seemingly fine?", Hyunjin then asked, making everyone think about the statement, but none of them came to a conclusion.
"Maybe we could ask the teachers or our parents. Because I personally have never heard of a spell or other kind of magic that could make a heart freeze. Let alone without a wand" Seungmin sighed, massaging his temples in disbelief as he really couldn't get to anything with his thoughts.
"That's probably the only thing left, because I also have no idea" Chan agreed to the younger's idea, leaning back, carefully placing his hand on top of his heart, somehow relieved to feel his pulse.

"Well, we have to do something! We can't let him isolate himself because of something he didn't intend on doing. Seungmin can you please, please try to get to him again?" Chaeyoung practically begged the younger.
"I will try but I can't promise anything," he said, standing up. "But there's nothing else we can do other than that right now, let's just wait and hope he'll go to his classes tomorrow, maybe we'll have a chance to talk to him then" the boy added with a sigh.
"You're right, as for now, we have to hope for the best. Maybe he'll realize that it isn't his fault and there's no need for him to blame himself" Chan added, sharing his opinion even though he was affected by his doing, showing that he didn't blame Jisung either.

With that, all of the group stood up and made their way back to their rooms as they had free time until they had to go to dinner.
Chaeyoung decided to meet up with Tzuyu and some of her other friends to get her mind free, knowing that the girls would find other topics to talk about.

She met the others in the courtyard where they were already waiting for her to sit down with them and as if they knew what she thought they started talking about some new series they heard of and wanted to watch together by chance. Additional to that they also wanted to plan their next visit in Hogsmeade as they prefer to go as a group and get as many opinions as possible when buying clothes or accessories or pretty much anything.
Chaeyoung was more than happy to have them as friends. She didn't even have to say something and the others knew what was on her mind and knew how to get her into a better mood or get her thoughts clear.
They also never had any secrets between each other, well almost never, there was always something now and then that they didn't tell each other but most of the times they'd tell each other in the end, or it would be gone sooner or later, like little crushes and things like that.
While thinking about all these things Chaeyoung didn't even notice how she was tearing up and wasn't paying attention to what the others were saying anymore.
"Chae? Are you alright?", Mina, a Ravenclaw that she got to knew through Chan, asked, changing her seat to sit next to her.
"Yeah, I'm just thinking too much again," she told her with a soft smile.
"Maybe you should get some sleep, you were with your brother most of the time in the last few days, it's understandable that you're tired now" the older advised her.
"Maybe you're right, I couldn't really sleep well because of it" Chaeyoung admitted, even though she would most probably now lie awake with thoughts to Jisung's statement, but she could at least try.
"I'll be going then, sorry for ruining the mood" she excused herself, getting up from her seat.
"Don't worry about it, you didn't ruin anything. You just have a lot on your mind" Tzuyu reassured her with a smile.
"Thanks, guys"
____________________

Merry Christmas y'all

Also sorry for the weird switch of set but I needed to fill the chapter but I didn't want to start the plot of the next chapter so sorry bout that-- (but at least you get some half-assed secrets if you find em-)

Sooo, I hope y'all liked the chapter, if you did feel free to leave comments and likes uwu

See y'all next week,
Phi 💜