29. Blame

Minho couldn't help but blame himself for what happened to the boy.
He couldn't even stop with it when he saw the boy the next morning, telling him that everything was fine. He could see the black eye through the makeup and his smile didn't feel real. But when Minho offered him any kind of apology, Jisung denied, telling him that he shouldn't think about it anymore and it's not his fault.

But still, Minho thought about him the whole day during class and in the breaks, at least no one noticed that he wasn't paying attention though, otherwise, the teacher could get mad at him since he just didn't seem to be paying attention for the last few days. 

Before lunch, the ten of them (he started to include Jisung to his group of friends by now) sat at one of the tables together and were talking about something, but Minho was concentrating on something different, from the other side of the room Lisa was watching the group of friends with an angry stare, more specifically Jisung.
The others didn't seem to notice so Minho simply watched the girl from the corner of his eye so it wouldn't be too obvious.
There was a bad aura surrounding that girl and Minho really didn't like it. He wouldn't care too much if it was towards any other person, but no one hurts his friends like that, neither physical nor psychological. But he knew that if he would dare to make a move against Lisa it would be him getting in trouble for what he would do and not Lisa for what she already has done, it's like she knew it. 

After lunch, they sat down together again, but this time without Jisung as he said that he had to get something done as fast as possible and left early.
So now the nine of them were talking about what they were planning on doing during winter break.
Most of them were going home to their family to celebrate Christmas with them. Seungmin and Hyunjin were whining about how they couldn't spend Christmas together
"You're like some old married couple" Felix laughed.
Well, he wasn't really that wrong. Everyone could see how much they were pining over one another but neither of them ever made.
 a move, thinking it would end badly "Just because you aren't?", Hyunjin teased the younger and glanced over to Changbin who was sitting in front of the Australian boy, not really paying attention to the conversation.
"Changbin's parents won't allow him to go to Australia with me" Felix pouted and crossed his arms.
"And why don't you go to his house then?"
"His parents don't know..." Felix said under his breath, eyeing his boyfriend.
Chan looked at him with apologetic eyes.
"One day, it'll change. You'll get older and are more independent" he told the younger who smiled at him optimistically.
"Hopefully" he replied, fumbling with his fingers, letting the knuckles crack a few times. He was nervous, he wasn't sure about it himself but he knew that he had to hope for the best.

The boys ended their talk soon after since most of them still had school stuff to do while Minho and Changbin had to go to training.

During the whole training session, Minho was thinking about the boy, about how he could possibly help him. He didn't want him to get hurt any more. But how would it be possible to keep him safe while not stalking him all the time?
Maybe he could ask Seungmin to be around him more? Or Felix? Or Hyunjin? They all had the same classes so they could at least watch over him there.
And Chaeyoung could be at his side as well...

Minho was almost hit by a ball if it wasn't for Changbin to push him out of the way.
"What's wrong with you Minho? You've been absolutely absent the last few days and it's not getting better. How can something be important enough for you to stop using your brain?", the boy bickered, face-palming himself when Minho only shrugged.
"Next time I'll let the ball hit you right into your face" Changbin then added and turned around to walk away.
It sounded like a threat but Minho knew that he only said that to give him a warning, he wouldn't actually let him get hurt like that when he can prevent it.
Minho tried his best to concentrate on the training, which they made longer than it originally was, and it eventually worked somehow.

Only when it ended his thoughts went back to the boy. But at least it had a reason this time, he was standing on the outside of the field, staring down to the forest. Minho watched him for a few minutes but it didn't seem like Jisung even moved an inch.
Why was he there? Was he watching something?
As soon as their captain said that they could go Minho went to the boy who didn't even notice Minho walking up to him.

"Jisung? Is everything alright?", he asked, actual concern in his voice.
First Jisung didn't respond as if he didn't hear Minho.
The latter was just about to repeat his question when Jisung turned around to him, seeming a bit surprised.
Did he really not noticed Minho all this time?
"Oh, hey Minho," he said, somewhat of a smile on his lips.
"Hey uhm, are you alright? You seem a bit off" Minho asked him again.
"Yeah, I was just taking a walk" he answered the questions, looking back to the woods again. Minho followed his gaze, hoping he could maybe see whatever Jisung was looking at because it didn't seem like he just stared into nowhere.
"Shouldn't we go back? It's getting cold already" Minho then stated, it really was getting cold as winter was near and the sun was already setting.
"Okay," Jisung said in response, so quietly Minho almost didn't hear it.
They started walking back side by side and every now and then Jisung turned his head and looked back as if something was there.

____

I'm running a little late, sorry bout that owo
I hope you still liked it uwu

Phi