52. Distraction

"Jisung, have you seen my brother?", Chaeyoung came up to him, not even entering the Great Hall fully.
"No, I just came from my room, when and why should I?", he wanted to know, walking down to the table with her.
"He isn't here, he doesn't react to my text and the others also have no clue" she explained, sitting down with a huff.
"Maybe he slept in" the younger guessed, also sitting down, across from the girl, well aware that she doesn't know that he was lying to her. He did feel a bit bad, but he was sure that Minho had a reason for whatever he was doing.
"There's no way he would sleep until now, he's always awake for Breakfast" Chaeyoung argued, burying her face in her hands.
"There's always a first time, who knows how long he stayed up last night. I'm sure he'll be just fine" Jisung reassured her with a smile.
"How about it: we'll go to the music room today and you'll do your best not thinking about your brother?", he then offered, now also getting Chaeyoung to smile at least a bit.
"Okay, but this time no bad moods," she told him to which he agreed.
With that, the group just continued with whatever they were doing, all of them believing that Jisung didn't know anything and just wanted Chaeyoung to get her mind off of Minho for a while, he's older than her and old enough to do whatever he wants in the first place.

After breakfast, Jisung decided to go to his room again real quick to see if Minho had sent him an update and then would meet up with Chaeyoung at the music room.
He also decided to just take his phone with him, even though he said he wouldn't carry it around anymore, but he just hoped that nothing like the last time would occur again.

Back at the music room, Chaeyoung was already waiting for him, staring at her phone.
"Didn't we agree that you wouldn't?", Jisung asked, looking over her shoulder, seeing that she was on the chat with her brother.
"I know... But I'm just worried" she confessed with a sigh.
"Come on, Chae, he's sixteen, you don't have to worry about him. He'll text you back soon enough and explain if there is something to explain" he told her, entering the room and sitting down at the piano, waving the girl to sit by her side.
"How about I teach you a bit" he then offered.
"Really?", she asked, all her bad mood exchanged for excitement.
"Sure, just tell me what you want to learn"
"Well, I should probably ask you which you can play before I request something you don't know" she laughed.
"I can play pretty much most of those old classics that you have to learn in classes, but we have WiFi after all so I could also just look up the sheets for anything," he told her.
She stayed quiet to think about it for a bit, she didn't know a lot of classical music pieces, at least not by name so she tried to think about a song that already has a lot of piano in it or was easy to covert onto.
"Can you play Faded by Alan Walker?", she then asked him, getting a laugh out of the other.
"Sure," he said, sitting up to the keys he needed. "Want to watch first or should we already start?"
"Play it once first, then I can already see what I just got myself into" Chaeyoung laughed.

With that, they spent a few hours, Chaeyoung actually ending up learning the first song quite fast so Jisung decided to challenge her with a piece by Bach, which was easy for him by now but not for someone who just began to learn a bit. But considering that, she was actually doing quite well, at least the first line was sounding okay after a couple of tries.
"This is more exhausting than I thought" the girl then confessed after being stuck in the third line for quite some time.
"I never said it wasn't," the other said, standing up from the small chair to stretch. Sitting like that for hours non-stop did hurt with no doubt and his body was more than thankful that he finally moved out of the position he'd been in.

"I think that was enough for today" Chaeyoung announced, also standing up and stretching.
"Yeah, it actually got quite late already" Jisung agreed, looking at the time, the sun probably already went down.
Minho also didn't text him again until then, making him worry about the other, even if he didn't want to admit it. He just hoped that nothing severely bad happened to the older.
"Well, I think, I'll go do my homework, before I'll stay up the whole night doing them because I procrastinated too much" she then laughed.
"You could just get your homework done right after lessons end" Jisung commented but only got a dirty look from the girl in response.

With that, the two said goodbye and went their ways for the rest of the evening. Chaeyoung in her room, doing homework, just like she said. And Jisung decided to go to the library for a bit as he didn't have anything else to do for the rest of the day.
So, Jisung picked a book out of the endless seeming shelves and sat down at some free spot, which was almost the whole library, because, be honest, no student would go to the library by their free will on a Sunday evening.
But Jisung didn't care about it so he put on some music over his headphones and began to read.

It was quiet most of the time, every now and then a random student would come by to look for a book they needed for research or homework they hadn't done yet, but all in all it was nice and quiet.
Well, until Jisung got a notification, startling him as he forgot to put his phone on silent again.

Minho
Hey, is it possible to meet up?

Jisung
Uhh, sure, I'm at the library if you want to come here

Minho
Give me a few minutes, I'll be there

Jisung was more than just a bit confused. Not knowing what to expect from the meeting and why Minho even wanted to meet him. Wouldn't it be more logical to meet up with Chaeyoung and tell her what happened?

_______

Hello, yes, I'm still alive,,, also, I probably can't update next week because I'm on a class trip :(( but maybe if I'm fast enough I can already upload it Tuesday night! (but pls don't get ur hopes up-)

Other than that, I hope y'all liked this week's chapter uwu, if you did, feel free to leave comments and likes ~

Phi 💜