68. Farewell

Seungmin continued to drag Jisung out of his room for the whole week so the older resorted to finishing the project in the library instead, even though he was sure that Seungmin would find him there rather fast, but until then he could use the time he got to finish the paper. Luckily it wasn't too much anymore so if he could get at least half the day he would get it finished.
He also made sure to turn off the internet on his phone so he wouldn't get distracted by anything.

With everything set up he only needed a few more hours to get everything done and to go over all pages again to look for any typos or other mistakes before he sent it to Isa who said she would print it when everything was finished.
With a deep sigh, he leaned back and stared at his laptop, looking at some of the pictures he added to Isa's request.
"Dumb bird" he mumbled under his breath "I fucking hate you".
"Wow, that's mean, what did it ever do to you?", a voice next to him asked, making Jisung almost fall off his chair.
"What the-, Chaeyoung, what are you doing here?", the boy asked, looking over to his friend.
"Waiting for you to finish your papers, what else?", she laughed.
"But did you need to scare me like that?", Jisung whined.
"It's not my fault that you didn't notice us coming here," she told him with a shrug.
" 'us'?", Jisung asked confused, taking out his earphones.
"Yeah, open your eyes you dummy" she laughed.
Jisung didn't really understand what he meant until Chaeyoung grabbed his head and shoved his head in the other direction to see all of the other sitting at the table as well.
"What-- buy why?", Jisung asked, still confused about what all of that meant.
"Like it said, to wait for you to finish your paper" Chaeyoung laughed.
"And for how long have you been sitting here, collectively stalking me?", the boy asked, turning off his laptop.
"Maybe half an hour?", Seungmin guessed, sitting on the other side of Jisung.
"Have you gone crazy? You could've done pretty much everything else instead of sitting here" Jisung frowned, not getting why they did that.
"Well, I texted you but the messages weren't even getting delivered so we went to look for you and found you here" Seungmin explained "and since you were concentrating so much that you didn't even notice us we thought we should let you work first" he then continued with a shrug.

"Anyways, back to my question" Chaeyoung spoke up again, getting the Jisung's attention back "why do you hate phoenixes?", she then asked.
"I just had enough of it" Jisung shrugged. It was a pretty bad lie if you'd ask him but Chaeyoung didn't seem to notice.
"And what are you expecting on doing after stalking me for half an hour?", Jisung then asked, mainly towards Chaeyoung, but knowing the others pretty much anyone could and would answer the questions.
"Just to hang out a bit," Felix said, sitting sidely across from Jisung.
"And you couldn't do that normally and I would've come to it later on, because...?", the other wanted to know, taking the few books he had laying around and putting them on a stack.
"Do we really have to explain everything? Just take it as it is" Seungmin laughed, hitting Jisung in the back.
Jisung didn't really answer to that and only sighed, taking the books to carry them back to the shelf they belonged in.

"Something's weird" Seungmin commented once Jisung was far enough away to not hear him.
"What do you mean?", Chaeyoung asked with furrowed eyebrows.
"He lied. He reads so much there's no way he'd be sick of any topic just by a few days of research. There must be something else to it" Seungmin explained.
"But what should make him hate a bird?", Felix asked, confused.
"I don't know. Maybe it has some kind of connection to something else he hates?", Seungmin guessed.
"But he never really mentioned anything, did he?", Chaeyoung huffed.
"Well, I'm not sure if he ever worded it like that but he said that he doesn't really like his family," the other told her.
"But how should his family and a bird have any kind of connection...?", Felix pondered.

"Are you actually plotting a conspiracy theory based off Jisung's hatred towards a bird?", Changbin frowned, not believing the bullshit was actually coming from his friends.
"Maybe?", Felix laughed, leaning against his boyfriend's shoulder with a grin.