38. Growth

It felt like hours before Jisung finally got out of Dumbledore's office, trying to state his opinion while also not spilling anything that he thinks shouldn't be spilt, even though he was sure that the old man knew when he's lying or not telling something, but he never commented on something or pressured Jisung to say anything where he showed with his whole body that he didn't want to say anything about it.
But what Jisung did tell him, was that he already suspected the monster, that attacked him, was already gone, probably only a little while after Jisung was found, but he also said that he was quite sure that the guy, who pushed him in did not know about the beast in the lake and it was more of a bad accident, yet it had the advantage that with him being attacked so fast may have saved other students who wanted to go swim in the lake during the rest of the summer to that time.

He stepped down the stairs and the only thing he had in mind was to go and get some sleep, so he slowly made his way to the dorms without looking up to anyone.
Jisung was almost there when someone suddenly ran into him, the other falling into the ground.
"Sorry..." Jisung mumbled, not knowing who it was so he just apologized in advance.
But the person in front of him neither stood up nor yelled at him, making Jisung actually curious in who he was so he raised his head enough to see the tear-stained face of Felix.

"What happened?", he asked the boy, kneeling down to him, first of all scanning him for any injuries.
The other didn't answer him and instead continued to sob on the floor, so Jisung quickly helped him up and got him away from all the eyes staring at them. Luckily Jisung knew a few empty classrooms where they had some more peace.

"Felix, what happened?", Jisung asked once again after he closed the door, leaving them in silence next to Felix's lessening sobs.
"Nothing... nothing big, I'm just over-... overreacting" he managed to say, wiping away the tears with his sleeve.
"This doesn't look like 'just overreacting'" Jisung argued, inspecting the boy further.
"No, really... It's just... it's just so dumb, there's no reason to cry over dumb stuff like that" Felix said, looking at his hands in his lap.
"People cry for various reasons and some things just trigger it more for one than others. What is this 'dumb stuff', if I'm allowed to ask?", Jisung then wanted to know, sitting down across from him.
"They just... they just keep calling me names and stuff like that" the boy explained.
"And what sort of names?"
Felix let out an airy laugh. "Probably everything you could imagine being called if you're not hetero and neither in a hetero relationship," he said. "They think just because my parents have a reputation and have an 'abnormal' son it would destroy our family name" he then continued.
"Are you outed to your parents?", Jisung wanted to know.
"Yeah, for quite some time actually. They don't really care who I like or not as long as I don't neglect the family for the person. And if they would be scared about 'having a dirty bloodline because of their queer son', they still have two daughters who seem quite hetero up until now" the boy shrugged.
"See! You shouldn't care what others say, as long as the people around you, your family and friends love you as you are it doesn't matter what other people think. They just say things like that because they can't be as open about themselves as you are or they just don't know it better because they were raised like that.  And like you said, your parents don't care about it either and I bet your sisters also support you. It sounds easier than it is, but don't let those things get to you and instead, be proud of who you are and how far you've come" Jisung told him, smiling at him, putting his hand on top of the other's.

"Thank you" Felix quietly stuttered, his eyes once again filled with tears when he looked up and looked at Jisung, but he just shook your head.
"Don't thank me," Jisung told him "thank the people who helped you get to where you are now".
"But you are one of those people, Jisung. Just look at you right now, cheering me up just like a real friend would, so I will thank you, whether or not you want me to" Felix argued, squeezing Jisung's hands.
Jisung smiled weakly at those words before standing up. "I think Changbin is looking for you" he then stated, hearing the older boy literally screaming after his boyfriend outside the door.
Felix also seemed to notice and got up, his legs felt weak after crying but he somehow stumbled to the door, standing next to Jisung, looking at him before opening the door. "You know, you can also always talk with us if there is anything you want to talk about, whether it's something that happened in the past and you think has become irrelevant or something that is happening now, talk to people, talk to us, I promise you that we will try to help you if you want it, we would also just listen if that's what you need," he said with a warming smile which Jisung replied.
"Thanks, I'll consider it," he told him before gently pushing him out of the door, calling out for Changbin, whose attention he immediately had. When he saw Felix, he ran over, taking the boy into a tight and warm hug, before letting go of him and studying his face.
"Are you okay? What did they say again? Who do I have to beat-" he bombarded the younger with questions, but he simply shushed him and gave him a smile.
"Let's forget about that and get some rest, shall we?", he asked and Changbin didn't even want to protest, simply wanting to see Felix happy again.

Jisung smiled at the couple as the two of them walked down the corridor, waving at them as Felix did so as well. He then continued his way back to his room, like he had planned before running into Felix, his thoughts drifting off to places they shouldn't go.

_____________

Whoops, I got real there for a sec-

Anyways, I hope y'all like it nonetheless as quite a bit will be coming in the future (until now there will be a total of 28 characters (students only) whoppsie)

See y'all next week~

Phi