30. Staring

Jisung had no idea how he got there or that he even was there at all until he felt a strong presence next to him.
He was staring at something and he didn't even know what it was himself so after he came back to his senses he looked where he stared at only seconds ago, hoping he could see whatever had his attention before.
When Minho asked him what he was doing he quickly thought of an excuse so it wouldn't be too weird.
On their way back neither of them said a word but Jisung could feel that Minho was looking at him every now and then with a concerned look.
Only when they arrived in the corridors Minho started to talk again.
"Maybe you should go and rest, you don't look so good," Minho told the other male, just seeing now how pale he looked.
Jisung looked up to the older before slowly nodding, "yeah..." he agreed before looking down the hallway.
"Thanks" he then added before he started walking away, back to his room where he remembered going to before all of that just now happened.
He entered the Slytherin dorm but instead of going to his room he went to Seungmin's, not even knowing where it was, but still somehow found it without searching for long.
Jisung already knocked when he remembered that Seungmin wasn't living alone and that anyone could open the door.

The door opened and Seungmin was actually quite confused to see the older. Normally it was always him to go to Jisung's room.
"Hey Jisung, is everything alright?", he asked, noticing that the boy didn't even react to the fact that he opened the door. He also looked paler than usual.
"Yeah uhm... Can we talk?", he asked, looking up to Seungmin. He looked nervous and seemed like he couldn't look Seungmin in the eye.
"Sure, do you want to come inside or should we go to your room?", he then asked.
"I don't care" he mumbled.
Seungmin turned back and looked if any of his roommates were there.
"Come on in then," he said, opening the door wider so he could get inside and the other did. He signalled him that he could sit down on his bed while he sat down on his chair next to it. "So, what do you want to talk about?", Seungmin asked.
"I think I'm losing my mind or something" Jisung sighed. First, Seungmin thought it was just a joke but from the expression on the other's face, he quickly realized that it wasn't.
"Why do you think so?", he then asked.
"You remember that ferret, right? I suddenly see it everywhere and I know it isn't there. It looks exactly like mine when I lived at home" he started, "I also started to have nightmares, it doesn't matter what I do, one of my parents is always there and I can't tell why I have the feeling that I hear my mother's voice whenever I lose concentration in class" he explained further. "And today was a complete blur, I remember leaving the Great Hall after lunch and wanting to go to my room but I don't remember anything, my memory only begins again when I was standing next to the quidditch field staring into the woods when Minho spoke to me" he then ended, ruffling through his hair and groaning from annoyance. "I don't get it, why is all of this happening suddenly?", he asked, more himself than Seungmin.
"How long has it been since you saw your parents for the last time?", Seungmin asked him, hoping that he would get a hint on why it could be happening.
"Three years" Jisung answered.
"Are both of your parents' magicians?" Jisung nodded. "Is there a chance that they would try to contact you?"
"No I don't think so, that wouldn't make any sense. They kicked me out after... After I never received a school letter. They said they never wanted to see me again because they thought I wasn't a good enough wizard" Jisung explained whispering. He didn't want to tell what happened in his past, but Seungmin would find out at some point anyway, so why not tell him now instead of letting him find out when else.
"Maybe the school contacted them after you received the letter afterwards, they are still your parents after all" Seungmin replied, trying his best to react as normal as possible to what Jisung just told him.
"I told Dumbledore not to" he complained, leaning back and staring at the ceiling. "I don't want them to know, I was dead to them then and they are dead to me now," he said, "if they really think I would go back to them after everything they did to me... " he continued with a sarcastic voice.

Seungmin noticed that he didn't really want to talk about his family so he tried to change the subject at least a tiny bit.
"Let's stop talking about adults, tell me something about your ferret" he suggested, seeing how the other relaxed within a few seconds, smiling a bit as he seemed to remember his old pet.
"Its name is Draco and I had him since I was 6 years old. As it was my first pet I babied him a lot and overfed him every once in a while", he told him, making both of them laugh.
"But how did you come to name a ferret Draco?", Seungmin then asked.
"I think I read too many books by then already, there was a character with that name that was often compared to a ferret for some reason," he said shrugging.
"How can a person even read that much?", Seungmin asked laughing and Jisung really couldn't answer his question, he started reading when he was younger because he was bored but he probably would have never imagined that it would become that extreme.
The mood quickly lightened up after that and they both already forgot the serious topic they were talking about before. Instead, they just talked about stuff any normal fourteen your old boy talks about, well... except for girls.

_________

I hope you like it uwu
I don't know if I can upload a chapter next week since I'm going on a class trip and won't have wifi during that time, so sorry bout that 😅

Phi