59. Awkward

As soon as Jisung sent the message he turned his phone off, afraid of what the others might answer, so he put it to charge and laid down on his bed in hopes to fall asleep rather soon.
First, he couldn't sleep, his thoughts racing through his mind, but he tried his best to just think about something nice, holding the squirrel-plushie closer and trying to relax. He tried to recall what Minho told him before, that the others don't hate him and it wasn't his fault, but deep inside there was a voice calling out that it was his fault and that he'll only bring misery to the people around him.
"Leave me alone" he mumbled to himself, turning onto his stomach and burying his face in a pillow.

___

The next morning came and it felt as if Jisung didn't even close his eyes for half a second, but he still got out of bed.
He sighed when he remembered that it was Sunday, now thinking of not leaving his room again, but then again Dumbledore told him to attend to the meals.

Too lazy to get dressed in his uniform, he just took a pair of jeans and a hoodie before leaving his room.
Jisung knew that just because he (kinda) sorted it out with Minho, and hopefully the others, it doesn't mean that the other students would stop bullying and beating him.

With a sigh, he left the Slytherin common room, luckily without encountering anyone else from his house.
But that didn't seem to want to last long as he bumped into someone on his way to the Great Hall.
"Watch where you're going, Freak" a voice grumbled, before pushing the boy back.
"Watch your mouth," another voice said behind the young Slytherin, startling not only him but also the boys in front of him.
Alone from the voice, Jisung knew who was standing behind him, making him feel shocked as well as happy.
Quickly, the boys ran off, not even looking back or saying another word to Jisung.
"Are you okay?", the person behind him asked, putting his hand on Jisung's shoulder and leaning down to be on the same level as him.
"Yeah it's fine, thanks, Chan" he mumbled, not daring to look to the side where he would meet the older's eyes.
"On your way to breakfast?", Chan asked the younger, breaking the awkward silence and letting go of Jisung's shoulder again, standing beside him instead of behind him now.
"Yeah" he whispered, somehow nervous and tense.
"Let's go then, I was going there too" the older smiled before beginning to walk down the hall, leaving Jisung with no other choice than to follow him now.

When the two of them arrived in the Great Hall, Chan didn't hesitate to drag Jisung to the table with the others, who seemed to be happy to see Jisung again.
"Ji!" Chaeyoung squealed, jumping up from her seat, going over to him and pulling him into a tight hug which the other reluctantly returned.
Some of his ribs still hurt at the strength of the gesture, but Jisung decided not to say anything.
After she ended the hug, she continued by cupping his face and look for any bruises even though he was wearing makeup to cover them as good as possible.
Seeing her so concerned made Jisung feel guilty about how he had been acting over the course of the last week so he just stared at the ground, not daring to look at her.
"Come, sit down! You look hungry" she then said, dragging him more towards the table and sitting him down on the bench.
Honestly speaking, Jisung wasn't hungry at all. Pretty much the opposite honestly, he felt like he would throw up any minute, but once again he didn't protest, sat down and took some food from the various plates in front of them.

"Let's get you to Pomfrey after breakfast" Chan then said, seeing some of the bruises shimmering through the makeup.
"No, it's fine. Most of it already healed" Jisung quickly denied the offer, shaking his head. "And it's not like it would help much" he added in a mumble.
"We can ask her if she has any muggle medicine for you" the older suggested.
"I don't think she has. Usually, magical medicine works way better than muggle medicine, so there no actual need for her to have some" the younger argued.
"Do you at least still have some painkillers?", Seungmin asked, ready to go to Hogsmeade to get new if he needed them.
"I still have a few, it's all fine," Jisung told him.
After that, they continued to eat in silence, not knowing what to say anymore.

After breakfast, no one was completely sure how to continue. None of them expected it to be that awkward after all.
"How about I'll give you my notes from the lessons you didn't attend? I mean, only those which we have the same course on, but then at least you have some of the stuff" Seungmin offered to Jisung, nervousness present in his voice.
"That would be nice, thanks," Jisung told him with a smile.
"For the other classes you can have mine and Hyunjin notes" Felix then added, also smiling.
"Sure, thanks" Jisung once again answered.

With that they somehow managed to hold up the conversation for a while, switching topics so the others could also participate in the chat.
The awkwardness from before was gone and they had a good time talking together, ignoring the others around them who gave them a strange look.

"How about we meet at the lake before sunset again? We haven't done that in a while" Chan then suggested.
"I'm in" Felix loudly announced.
"Me too, if we have blankets" Changbin also agreed to it.
"You can bring your own if you really need one" Hyunjin argued with a laugh.
In the end, all of the group agreed on it and made out a time when they would meet again.
One after another, the group stood up from their table and made their way to wherever they were going next.
Jisung was the last one at the table, not feeling too well after eating such a big amount of food that he wasn't used to anymore.
"Are you okay, Jisung?" Minho asked as he was still next to the table as he just stood up.
"Yeah, I just feel a bit sick from the food" Jisung admitted as he also stood up.
"Maybe you should lie down until we meet later," Minho told him, walking next to the younger.
The latter only nodded in response.

They walked down the corridor in a rather nice silence before Jisung spoke up again.
"I also wanted to thank you. For the stuff you gave me after you went home. I already wanted to say it the day after but... You know..." he mumbled, looking up to Minho.
"No need to thank me," he said with a smile "but did it at least help with your scar?".
"It did, thanks".

__________

I bet most of you expected Minho to stand behind Jisung, didn't ya? 😂

Wellllll, I hope y'all like the chapter, if so, feel free to leave comments and likes uwu

See y'all next week~
Phi 💜