34. Drained

Jisung stood next to Hagrid and Dumbledore while looking down to the lake. Half the water was gone overnight and no one knew why.
But the teachers at least hoped that they would find out what kind of creature it was that dragged Jisung into the depth of the water.
Jisung already knew that it wouldn't be there anymore but hesitated to tell the teachers what he already knew. The only teacher he would tell about it would be Dumbledore, but he definitely had better things to do than to listen to a boy talking.

The teachers did their best to illuminate the rest of the water to look for any abnormalities regarding creatures but they couldn't see anything they didn't know about already.

Before, Chan was with him while he stood there with the teachers. He felt way safer knowing that someone almost his age was with him. But Dumbledore sent all students inside and even cancelled classes so Chan had to go. He wanted to go as well but he was told to stay.
He knew why, but it wouldn't make a difference if he would stay here and stay silent or go to his room and be silent. So he just hoped for it to be over as soon as possible.
Jisung turned to Hagrid, trying to convince him with the look in his eyes to let him go.
But the man shook his head, an apologetic look in his eyes, making Jisung sigh as he continued to watch the teachers by whatever they were doing now.
He really wanted to ask Dumbledore if he couldn't just go. It's not like he could run away or anything...
But when he looked over to the old man, he saw that he was currently in a heated discussion with McGonagall so Jisung didn't even try to get his attention.
He sighed and sat down on the ground. Sometimes he regrets that he doesn't take his phone with him, with that he could at least kill some time.
For some time he watches the teachers before starting to doze off.

Meanwhile, the others were still sitting in the Great Hall, not knowing what to do like almost every other student.
"Can't we play something?", Jeongin then asked, pouting since it was the only idea they had ever since they sat there.
"And what? Do you want to play rock, paper, scissors the whole day?", Changbin asked with an annoyed voice, but the annoyance wasn't towards Jeongin and more because even the training in the evening was cancelled.
Jeongin shrunk on the bench, slightly afraid of Changbin's bad mood.
"Changbin, stop it, you're scaring the baby" Felix joked, hitting his boyfriend's shoulder. He only rolled his eyes and looked somewhere else so he didn't have to look at anyone.

"Hey, isn't that Jisung?", Changbin then said completely out of context, pointing to the door and causing everyone's head to turn that direction.
"Where is he going?", Seungmin asked, definitely confused while standing up.
"What are you planning on doing?", Hyunjin asked him before he could go any further.
"Following him of course. I want to know what happened" he said, leaving the others behind.
"Wait, I'll come with you" Chaeyoung stated, also standing up and going up to the boy who gave her a smile.
The others looked at each other.
"All of you are thinking the same thing and I'm not liking it," Minho said while eying his friends.
"I want to know what happened" Chan argued while standing up.
"Me too" Felix agreed, soon followed by everyone else.
Minho sighed and stood up as the last one of them before following them outside of the Great Hall.
They quickly caught up to Chaeyoung and Seungmin and followed them to wherever they were heading.
"I'll go look if he's in his room, wait here," Seungmin said when they arrived in front of the dorm door. 
The others agreed and some of them sat down while others stayed standing and they discussed what may have happened and what Jisung knew.
While they were talking Minho got an idea and stood up, unintentionally getting the attention of the others.
Without saying anything he left the others alone, making his way to the library.
"What was that?", Chaeyoung asked, looking after her brother.
"I have no idea" Felix answered, also following the boy with his eyes.
The group fell into an awkward silence after that and they just waited for Seungmin to finally return.
When he did, he shook his head, signalling that he wasn't in his room.
"Where else could he be?", Chaeyoung asked, probably more to herself but the others still heard it.
"He won't be at Hagrid's, that's the wrong direction... And I also can't imagine that he went to Dumbledore's office" Chan tried to minimize the places where the boy could've gone.
All of them thought about what else was fine the hallway they were standing in.
"Wait, isn't the library just down there?", Hyunjin then asked, causing all eyes to focus on him.
"You're right! Why didn't I thought of it before?", Chaeyoung said before standing up from the bench and making her way down the hallway, followed by the others.

But as soon as they stepped into the library Chaeyoung somehow felt lost. The library was big and she couldn't think of somewhere particular where Jisung could be.
"I think we should split up" she then stated, turning around to the others who just agreed silently.
Therefore they split up in pairs and begun to search through the whole library looking for the Slytherin boy.
Seungmin, who was walking next to Chaeyoung, stayed silent the whole time. Even though he was more of a bubbly and talkative person he can fall very silent too, which always felt a bit weird, wrong even, but looking at the face of the boy Chaeyoung could tell that he was concentrating on finding Jisung.

It felt like forever without seeing him when Seungmin checked his phone and saw that he had a text from Jeongin.
" 'Found them' " he quoted the message, showing it to the girl next to him.
"Them?", she asked in confusion, but they just decided to go to the location Jeongin soon after told then to see what he meant with that.

________

Wow, I managed to upload on time, whoop whoop.

I hope y'all liked it uwu, see you next week ^^

Phi