54. Explaining

Minho couldn't exactly tell where he was when he opened his eyes. He needed a few moments to think to then realize that he was in the hospital wing.
"Minho! You're awake!", Chaeyoung exclaimed when she saw her brother opening his eyes.
"Yeah?", he mumbled, rubbing his eyes and trying to sit up. It was more painful than he would've imagined but he still didn't stop.
"What happened?", he then asked.
"You were asleep for almost two days," she told him, fear in her voice.
Minho didn't really understand what she meant and so he just looked at her confused but she as well didn't seem to know much.
"I guess if you want to know more about it you should ask Jisung," she told him.
"Jisung? What does he have to do with it?", he wanted to know but she didn't answer.
"Where is he then?" he rearranged his question.
"I don't know, we haven't seen him since then" his sister confessed, not even looking at Minho.
Both of them stayed silent after that, Minho tried to think about what happened but he couldn't remember anything.

"I'll go get Madam Pomfrey" Chaeyoung then announced, getting up from the chair next to Minho's bed and leaving the room.

A few hours later Minho was allowed to go out again so he decided to meet with the others, hoping that they would know what happened.
And in fact, they knew, all except for Chan who also didn't have any memory of that day it seemed.
Well, at least they knew what happened before Chan and Minho collapsed, so they quickly recapped the whole story for both of them.
"But what made us fight in the first place?", Chan then asked, massaging his temples, not quite able to process what the other just told them.
"No idea, but it seems like no one from the whole school knows, we all just found you fighting," Jeongin said, slightly traumatized thinking back to his two friends fighting without a reason.

"Maybe Jisung knows more? I mean, he managed to make us stop while the teachers couldn't. Maybe he'll know the cause to it then" Chan guessed. He's been conscious for longer than Minho but his roommates made him stay in bed for the whole day so he couldn't know that Jisung was nowhere to be found.
"We can't find him, I can't get into his room either and he doesn't answer any texts," Seungmin said.

Minho didn't want to belive what he said so instead of further listening to them he took out his phone ad texted Jisung.

Hey, can we talk?

He didn't expect an immediate answer so he just put his phone away again, trying to think about what he did that made him go to the hospital wing for two days but he knew that the only way to find out would.
"I'll try calling him later, maybe he'll answer this time" Chaeyoung sighed out in defeat.
"Why don't we do it in the library then? Then we can all talk to him" Hyunjin suggested.
"Well, if he even wants to talk" Chan reminded the younger.
"But we can at least try," Hyunjin said with a shrug.
"Yeah, he's right. Let's meet up in an hour?", Chaeyoung then said, the others agreed and with that their ways parted for some time.

Minho decided to go to his room and lie down for a little more as he still felt kinda weak on his feet but of course, he didn't get a chance of relaxing as his roommates wanted to know everything about the incident even though he didn't even know much about it himself.

"Is it true that that Jisung guy tried to kill you and Chan?", one of them suddenly asked, actually getting Minho's attention now.
"Of course not! Why should he want to kill someone?", Minho gave back in an angry tone.
"Don't you watch movies? The weird quiet guy always has plans to murder someone" the other shrugged.
"When there's someone getting murdered then it's you through my hands" Minho spat, before lying down on his bed and taking out his phone to show him that the argument was over.

Just why does everyone think that Jisung is a bad person? He didn't do it to hurt anyone!

Minho's attention was taken from his anger when he got a text notification.

I don't think that's a good idea

The way it was written somehow made Minho sad. It wasn't just a 'no' but it also had a lot of sorrow of the younger in it. For Minho, it seemed as if Jisung is giving himself all the fault for everything that ever happens, again, even though there was no bad intention.
He sighed as he read the message over and over again, deciding not to tell the others yet that Jisung actually responded to his text. But maybe, if he responded to him he might also accept the call with Chaeyoung?

"Ah fuck I'm late" Minho blurted out as he thought about the call, standing up from his bed and rushing out of the room to the library.
Luckily the others weren't in some hidden spot so he easily found them and sat down with them.
"Should I call him normally or should I try video chat?", Chaeyoung asked the others.
"I don't know if he'll react to video chat but I'd actually like to see how he's doing, I mean, he hasn't been eating since then, has he?", Chan said, the others agreeing with a hum.

No one said anything but all of them were somehow nervous about the call and what he might say about the situation if he even accepts the call.
The low beeping sound seemed to go on for forever and it drove them crazy even though they weren't waiting for a long time by now it still felt like it were hours until the beeping finally stopped.
They thought Jisung declined the call. It would've been reasonable after all, at least to some extent.

_____________________

Yeahhhh, slight cliffhanger, I know djsjs
But I just wanted to end it here so I have something planned for the next chapter, whoops 😅

Anygays, I hope you enjoyed the chapter today, if so, feel free to leave comments and likes~

See y'all next week

Phi 💜