15. Research

Minho knew he shouldn't do it but still stood in front of the door to the library. It was already dark outside and no one else was in any of the corridors.
It was after curfew, maybe that's why. He wasn't even allowed to be outside of his dorm room. But still, he stood there, ready to take such a risk just to find out what the heck is in that damn lake that made so much damage to the boy who didn't want to leave his head.
Minho took a deep breath and opened up the doors, if anyone would see him now he could lose everything and he didn't want to think about any consequences.
In the dark he found his way to the books with underwater creatures, scanning through the titles until he had one about some living in a lake.
He went through the pages rather fast but didn't quite find what he wanted to.
After going through a few other books he gave up for the night and put the books back into the places they belong and sneaked out of the library again, back to his dorm.
Luckily his roommates were already sleeping so he could quickly change and lie down into his bed without anyone noticing.
But he couldn't sleep. He wasn't satisfied with what he found out, mostly because he didn't find out anything at all. And Wonwoo didn't know anything at all either and he's to one who knows most about creatures in his group of friends.
Eventually, he fell asleep, still thinking about the boy, what happened to him and what it could have been what was in the lake.

He woke up because of the alarm from one of his roommates, but he didn't want to get up just yet, even though he should, his friends will probably bombard him with questions as soon as they can and the sooner he gets up and sees them, the sooner all the questions will be answered. Therefore he got up, dressed himself and went to the great hall.
Most of his friends were there, the ones who were missing were Seungmin, Hyunjin and Felix but he was sure that the three of them were either still sleeping or just went somewhere by themselves.
The first question was asked by Chan who looked at him with a confused look on his face. "So why exactly did you want to know what classes Jisung attended yesterday?", he asked and Minho was actually surprised that Wonwoo didn't tell him anything yet.
"Nothing much... There was just some incident yesterday and I wanted to know something" Minho half-assed answered.
He didn't really know why exactly he wanted to know Jisung's schedule and why he was so concerned about that boy. Minho never even wanted to show any kind of interest towards the boy, only watching him from afar to make sure his sister was safe, but now he's here, probably even more concerned than Chaeyoung and his friends seemed to have noticed that as well by now.
They asked a few more questions, which Minho also somehow answered, sometimes not completely true, until they could hear a loud laugh, which all of the friends knew.
Felix and his deep ass whale voice was something you just couldn't not hear.
Minho looked over to the door where Felix appeared in, but not alone, but with Hyunjin and Seungmin, which were predictable but also with Jisung, who seemed as if he was actually also enjoying the talk that the four of them had.
He couldn't help but to smile, seeing the boy being happy and smiling for once with a smile he didn't force himself to show.
Changbin hit him in the ribs with his elbow, when he turned around and Changbin grinned at him knowingly. The others were looking at him as well with that kind of look but Minho just shook it off and instead went over to his table as it was almost time for breakfast. And also because he wanted to escape the looks his friends gave him.
Felix came over to the table and sat down with Changbin and Minho, still with a smile on his face.
"What's so funny?", Changbin asked the youngest, but he just shook his head.
"We were just telling each other some dumb jokes" Felix explained while shrugging.
The other two were okay with that explanation and started eating until they had to go to their classes.
Minho really wasn't awake enough for any classes but he had to attend anyway and found his way to the greenhouse. It was practically only theory so he at least didn't have to think about specific rules that he needed to follow, instead, he almost fell asleep over his book while reading some kind of plant, who would have thought?
The day went on so slow, he really wished he would've stayed in bed in the morning, but no, he had to be a good student and prefect and attend his classes.
After school finally ended he still had to go to training, especially since he didn't go the last time so he went to his room, got his other uniform and went to the field. Most of his team was there already, Changbin as well, but at least he wasn't the last.
He quickly gave a half-assed excuse for the missed training to the captain and the training then started.
Luckily the training went well because if anyone made the slightest mistake the captain would snap at anyone due to the upcoming tournament and every time they didn't get the field on the day they wanted he would get actually really angry, even though he isn't the only one with the right to use the field.
That sort of attitude was really annoying if you'd ask Minho, but he never had to do anything with him and he wanted to keep it that way, he was interested in another kind of boys.

____________

I forgot to update yesterday, sorry bout that owo
I hope you liked it tho

Phi