40. Departure

It took about ten minutes until they finally caught the squeaking piglet and turned it back to its original form.
"Okay, the lesson for today is over. Anyone who wants to sign up for the Animagus course shall stay after the lesson and sign up" McGonagall told the students.
"You can learn how to become an Animagus?", Jisung asked Seungmin while leaving the room, leaving Felix behind as he wanted to sign up.
"Yes, how else do you think you become one?", Seungmin laughed.
"Isn't that something you're born with?", the older asked. He knew a lot about creatures and so on but he never really encountered an Animagus and also never read about their origin, so he was quite clueless about them.
"Oh no, that what you're thinking about are Metamorphmagi, those are the ones born with the ability to change their appearance" Seungmin explained.
"But what's the difference then? Except that the ones are born with it and the others learn it?", Jisung wanted to know.
"Well, Animagi can only transform into one specific animal that you can't choose but is determined by something deep inside you, while Metamorphmagi can change their outer appearance in a wider variety and its not only bound to an animal form. They can also have animal characteristics but they can also change their human appearance like hair colour, facial structures and even their gender" Seungmin widely explained on their way to Herbology class.
Jisung listened to what the younger said, intrigued enough that he decided to get some books about both of those topics later in the library.

Lessons were finally over and Minho and Changbin made their way to their last Quidditch training before winter break.
"Do you think we'll have one last game before break starts?", Changbin asked the older after they finished changing and went to the field.
"It's possible, but who knows" Minho shrugged, not really too excited for a match if he was honest. Or just training in general, he'd prefer being in his room packing right now, but he didn't have any other choice than to go to training today, he missed out a few times already (and all with the same reason).
When the whole team got together their captain said that they would have a training match against the Ravenclaw team. Therefore they had a quick warm-up before getting on their position and starting the match.
Since the match was for training purposes only no one really counted the points and just had fun.
After almost three hours of training, the sun was already fully set and Minho didn't bother changing and went to the showers instead, after getting fresh clothes from his room. So when he came back he could start packing and go to sleep as soon as possible.
Luckily they won't be having a lot of classes starting tomorrow so all the students can get their things sorted.

The next morning came way too fast with Minghao's alarm going off two hours before classes would start.
"Turn it off" Minho groaned, throwing a pillow at the Chinese boy.
"Chill" he returned, throwing the pillow back, hitting Minho directly in the face before getting up and turning the alarm off. Since he had a long way home he would already take the train later the day together with Junhui as they live in the same area.
Sadly, Minho couldn't fall asleep again, so after 20 minutes of trying he also got up and packed the first few things for his trip home.

When Minho arrived in the Great Hall, all the others were already there, chatting quietly, so he just sat down silently and listened to his friends talking.
"You look tired," someone said, causing him to lift his head. "Did you not sleep well?", the boy in front of Minho asked, Jisung.
"One of my roommate's alarm went off at like 5 am and I couldn't sleep afterwards" Minho explained with a small smile.
"Good thing, school ends soon, huh?", Jisung laughed.
"Yeah, but Christmas is stressful as well" Minho whined, thinking about all the stuff he still has to buy.
"But that kind of stress pays off," Jisung told him with a smile which Minho returned, already a thought in head.

Breakfast started so everyone went to their rightful place to fine before going to their shortened lessons for the day.

His year also heard of the little piglet-incident the third year had the day before. It's not unusual for spells to not go completely right so the transformation wouldn't execute fully, but it was still somehow weird that it became a piglet instead of a grown pig like it should do.
But they didn't talk about it much. After a bit of confusion, the topic was dropped and they continued with their lessons for the day, even though most students were talking about the upcoming holidays and what they have planned for it, so a few teachers even gave up to do anything and just let the kids talk.

Shortly after lunch Minghao and Junhui left already, saying their goodbyes to their friends and roommates before making their way home.
"The next two days will be so quiet and boring" Minho laughed, sitting down with his friends after lessons were over.
"Stop whining or Karma will come and get you," Hyunjin told him, grinning evilly.
They continued their bickering as always, only Jisung wasn't talking, instead, he had his head laid on Seungmin's shoulder and seemed to be sleeping.

The last two days went on peacefully, nothing big happened anymore and so all the students were meeting in the great hall together for one last time, listening to Dumbledore's speech.
After that, they slowly made their way to the train or any other way of transportation to get home.
The group of ten stood in the main hallway, saying goodbye to Jisung.
Chaeyoung even jumped at him and cuddled him so hard that he felt like suffocating.
"Text me when you're home," Jisung told her and the girl nodded.
"I'll miss you" she whined, still not ending the hug.
"I'll miss you too" Jisung replied with a small smile on his face.
When they finally broke their hug it was now Seungmin hugging his friend tightly. "I'll call you on Skype, okay?", he grinned and Jisung agreed, ruffling the other's hair slightly.
With that, the others also all decided to give Jisung a warm hug before leaving the giant school.
"See you next year!", they called as Jisung replied with the same sentence, waiting until they were out of his sight before slowly returning to his room, wondering what he should do in these two weeks.

______

Oof, this Chapter is a bit rushed, but I wanted to come to the beginning of the winter break already so I just did a few time skips to get there 😅

I hope you still liked it tho if so, feel free to leave comments and likes, they're all appreciated uwu

Der you next week
Phi 💜