51. Fake

Minho put his Laptop right beside his bed, too lazy to stand up to put it on his desk. Simply hoping not to step on it when he gets out of bed later the day.
He looked through the dimly lit room, most of his roommates were already asleep and were nice enough to have put in earphone when they saw that Minho was talking to someone, not even asking who it was as there weren't many possibilities to begin with.
The only one that was still awake was Minghao but the way he was looking at the screen he was either texting with Jun or is watching some puppy videos so Minho didn't care to bother him.

The next day Minho slept in as there was nothing to do except maybe running around a bit or if there might be spontaneous training or something of that sort. But that was most likely not going to happen so there was nothing for Minho to worry about.
Well, he thought at least...
"Hey Minho, when you get up, Dumbledore wants to talk to you so better go to his office as soon as you can," Minghao said when he came to the room once.
"Yeah, I'll get up" he murmured, already sitting up as he couldn't sleep anymore now anyway.
He got up and got changed into comfortable yet proper to meet the director.
On one hand, he wondered what Dumbledore wanted to talk about, on the other hand, it was pretty clear that it should have something to do with his parents and their work. But what possibly could also concern him? The only way to find out would be to go to the office and ask, so that is what he did.
Since he had been at Dumbledore's office several times before he knew the password to make the stairs appear and let him be sent up by them.

"Ah, Minho, there you are!", the man greeted him from behind his desk which was stuffed with paperwork.
"Minghao told me you wanted to talk with me?", he stated his reason for being.
"That's right, please sit down" the other then said, pointing at the chair across from him.
The boy sat down and looked at the man, trying to read his face on why he called him up.
"Your parents sent a letter, or at least it was seemingly signed by them, but it wasn't your owl and it was also addressed to me while the name on the letter is yours" he began to explain. "So I'd like you to have a look at it, maybe you know it means or where it even came from". With that, he handed Minho the letter on the beige paper, which was already unlikely for his parents.
Another thing that was off was that it was printed. There's no way they would print out a letter, they would always write it with feather and ink, no matter how long the letter would be.
"Whoever sent this letter, it's not from my parents themself," Minho told the other, looking up from the paper. "Except for the signature, this whole thing is fake". Even though not saying it out loud he was actually concerned about what might have happened at his home and Dumbledore seems to understand him with no words.
"If you want to, you can go and see how the situation is" Dumbledore offered.
"But there isn't enough time to get home and back" Minho argued.
"I'm pretty sure you know how the Floo Network works, don't you? That is faster than anything else" the man said, standing up from his chair.
Minho also got up. "Alright, I'll get some stuff, where should I go then?", he asked.
"Go to Hagrid when you're ready, he'll see you off to Hogsmeade"
With that Minho left the office after a small bow and went straight to his room where he quickly packed some essentials that could be of use and went to Hagrid's hut right after. On his way there he tried to think of something to tell his sister on where he was if she should ask. Even though what happened probably also concerns her Minho would rather take a look at the situation alone before telling the younger anything.
And since he couldn't think of anything on the run he quickly decided to text Jisung, hoping that he wouldn't find it weird.

Hey Jisung, sorry if this might be weird but could you distract Chaeyoung over the day as good as possible until I text you that I'm back? If you want I can explain it to you but I don't have time for it rn

Now Minho could only hope that the younger would do that for him since he couldn't wait for an answer. And if he would ask his other friends the possibility was high that they might tell something to Chaeyoung, even if it wouldn't be on purpose. And in addition to that Jisung just seemed like a person that could keep secrets more than just well.

When he arrived at Hagrid's he didn't even enter the small house, instead, the man took him straight to Hogsmeade after saying a quick hello.
They arrived at their destination pretty fast and soon Minho was standing in the black fireplace and some powder in his hand.
"I'll stay around town for the time being, so just come look for me when you're back," Hagrid told him and after a nod from the younger, he left Minho alone in the room so he could concentrate better.

Within a blink of an eye, Minho wasn't in Hogsmeade anymore, instead, he stood in the fireplace on the far end of their library, everything dark as expected.
Quietly he made his way out of the library and into the main hall, nothing seemed wrong so he went up to his parent's office rooms where they would be most of the time. And lucky him, they were actually there.
"Minho? What are you doing here?", his mother asked him as soon as she noticed him entering the room, looking all strict and neat.
Without a word, Minho went up to her desk and gave her the piece of paper he received from Dumbledore before.
She glanced at her son for a second before taking the paper and inspecting it.

__________________
After asking what y'all wanted here's a Minho centred chap uwu
I hope y'all liked it~

Also, if you want to join either the whatsapp or Insta group chat feel free to dm me your username or phone number (or both 🤭)

See y'all next week~
Baiii

Phi 💜