35. Tears

After Minho left the others behind and headed to the library he didn't take too long to actually find Jisung sitting at one of the big tables at the end of the room.
He was listening to music on his phone while reading a book.
Minho silently sat down next to him, hoping he would notice him sooner or later
He had a glance into the book the other was reading but soon realized that he couldn't understand anything that stood there.

"Is that Latin?", he asked out loud, not even knowing if Jisung would hear him.
The latter turned around to him, taking out his earphones. "Yeah it is" he simply said, not seeming like he was shocked by the fact that Minho was suddenly sitting next to him.
They looked at each other for a few seconds before Jisung turned his head away again.

"I, uhm... I just wanted to tell you that the others are looking for you and most probably want to ask you about whatever is up with the lake" Minho then quickly explained the reason why he was even there, still looking at the younger boy.
Jisung leaned back, closing his eyes. "There's nothing that I can tell them" he sighed.
"Dumbledore prohibited me to tell anyone anything and he wanted to talk to me after they finished everything" he continued, opening his eyes again and looking at the older boy.
"Why?", he asked.
"I don't know. He probably thinks that that, what I don't tell him has to do with apparently everything that's going wrong right now" he mumbled while massaging his temples. "He only wants the best for all the students but some of the things don't even regard to me"
He looked at Minho for a while, his eyes watery with tears so he turned back to his book again.
"It just feels as if everything that happens is my fault. Or at least everyone thinks it is" he told Minho, who was actually quite surprised that Jisung told him all that.
"It's all just a weird coincidence," Minho said, "not everyone thinks that you are the trigger of anything that's happening. It could've happened at any other time as well" he tried to cheer him up.
He saw tears rolling down Jisung's cheek and it's like Minho's body moved on his own when he put an arm around Jisung's shoulder and pulled him closer.
"Don't cry, nothing here is your fault" Minho quietly told him, gently stroking his back.
Yet the tears didn't stop. "I shouldn't have come here in the first place" he muttered to himself, but Minho heard it anyway.
"No, you should, you belong here, you're one of us," Minho told him and grabbed both of the younger's shoulder to turn him in his direction.
"I don't know what you've been through before you came here, but let me tell you: it'll get better and we're all here for you"
"Thank you" Jisung mumbled before pulling Minho into a shy hug.
Minho returned the hug, placing his hand on the other's back again, slowly pacing it up and down in order to calm the boy down who was crying into his shoulder.
They stayed like that for a few minutes until Minho noticed that Jisung wasn't crying anymore.
"Better?", he asked but didn't get an answer. "Did you really fall asleep?", he then chuckled, knowing that there would be no answer to the question either. He couldn't help but smile.
He was thinking what to do, as the position, they were in wasn't really comfortable for Minho and probably also wasn't for Jisung.
'There's no one here anyway, right?', he asked himself, before deciding to simply pull Jisung into his lap so he could sit properly again.
The younger whined slightly at the movement but didn't seem to wake up, so Minho also closed his eyes and dozed off a bit, both of his hands steadying Jisung so there was no way that he could somehow fall down.

Hyunjin and Jeongin were looking through the different aisles of the library when Jeongin had an idea all of a sudden.
"Wouldn't it be logical if Jisung would be in the sitting area instead of at some random shelf?", he asked the older Hufflepuff.
"Actually, yeah, that sounds quite reasonable" Hyunjin agreed so the two of them headed to the end of the library where all the tables and chairs were, but what they saw there definitely surprised them.
"I'll tell the others that we found him," Jeongin said.
Hyunjin slowly nodded, also taking out his phone. He knew Minho might kill him for it when he finds out but he really wants to keep this moment for whenever he needed it so he quickly took a picture before Minho or Jisung might wake up again.
Soon all the others arrived, Seungmin and Chaeyoung as the last ones.
"Did someone already take a picture?", Chan quietly asked and Hyunjin quickly nodded.
"Great, send it to me" Chan continued.
"He'll kill us" Hyunjin giggled, but sent it to the older boy anyway.
"Only if he finds out," Seungmin said with a grin.
Soon all of them had the photo on their phone and in the exact same moment when the last of them put away, his phone Minho opened his eyes slightly, looking around rather confused.
"Yah, Minho, why didn't you tell us that you knew where we could find Jisung?", Chaeyoung asked her brother.
"I didn't know it, I just suspected it and came here to look" Minho explained shrugging.
"And why didn't you tell us after you found him?", Chan asked with a grin.
Minho took a glance at the younger boy who was still sleeping on his lap, thinking about the situation from before.
"I just... Didn't think about it, I guess" Minho then said.
"Ah yeah," Chan commented, apparently not realizing the concerned look in Minho's eyes.
"Anyways, how did it come to... this?" Felix then asked.
"Well, he fell asleep and this was more comfortable?", Minho said and even though it was the truth it sounded more like a question than like an answer.

______

Hewwow, I hope you liked it uwu
I don't have much to say today so have a nice day and see y'all next week 💖

Phi~