Sorcerer Supreme

Narrator's POV

"Tony. I'm getting very bad readings from your body. You're going to crash within hours." Stephen answered. "This is the third day you haven't-"

Tony's head picked up. He looked up at Stephen with the welding mask, then lifted it from his face. "Hey, who gave you permission to use Jarvis?" He asked.

"Huh?" Stephen asked.

Yes sir?

Tony looked on his desktop. Jarvis system was just starting up. He looked over at Stephen. "How'd you scan me?"

"I didn't." Stephen explained. "I can see the energy levels running through your body, they're very low."

"How?" Tony asked.

"Like I said, I studied magic with monks in Kamar-Taj." Stephen said.

"So you don't need a scanner?" Tony asked.

"No, I can see right through you." Stephen said.

Tony stood back a little. He was a little shocked. "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait." He said shaking his head.

"Yes?" Stephen looked at him.

"I've been meaning to ask you something." Tony said.

"Go on." Stephen said, his full attention was on Tony now. His eyes softened. "Only if I concentrate really hard."

"Can you read my mi-" Tony stopped and looked at Stephen. "What the fu-" Tony was a little freaked out now. Stephen smiled at Tony's reaction.

"I still haven't perfected the art of mind reading." Stephen said, blushing a little.

"Tony-" Bruce said walking in the door.

"Bruce, Bruce." Tony took Bruce by the collar of his shirt and pulling him close to his face. "Look. What's Bruce thinking about?" Tony asked, looking at Stephen.

Stephen closed his eyes, putting his fingertips to his temples. He then looked over at Bruce. "He's thinking about how you power the boots to your suit with...a toaster?"

"Whoa." Bruce was amazed. "Wait. Did you tell him about the-"

"You guys are building a suit?" Stephen asked.

"No, I didn't tell him." Tony said, looking at Stephen.

"That's amazing!" Bruce said.

"Wait. You guys stole a toaster from the school kitchen?" Stephen asked. Tony and Bruce stayed quiet. "Oh my goodness, so you guys are criminals!" Stephen said, getting up from his bed. The Cloak of Levitation placed itself on his shoulders.

"Whoa." Was all the vocabulary Bruce seemed to know at the moment.

Tony walked over to Stephen and placed a hand on his shoulder, sitting him back down on his bed. "No, no. We're borrowing it for a long time." Tony said.

"But you're going to give it back eventually, right?" Stephen asked, looking at Tony then Bruce.

"Well, I kinda already took it apa-" Tony shushed Bruce.

"Oh yes." Tony said.

"Thank goodness." Stephen said. "I was starting to think you guys actually stole it. If there's one thing The Ancient One taught me well was that you should never take anything without permission. I learned that the hard way."

"The Ancient One?" Bruce questioned.

"You people have names made up and stuff?" Tony snickered. "Stephen Strange. The Ancient One." Tony laughed.

"Hey, she's real. She's the one who taught me everything I know." Stephen grew a little offended. "She has done so much for you guys, you couldn't place words to thank her. She's sacrificed so much to keep your reality from disappearing." Stephen said.

"Oooooooh. Realities." Tony laughed again.

Bruce noticed how Stephen was growing slightly offended. "Okay Tony, I think that's enou-"

"Let me guess, your cult and you are some sort of guardians that keep our so called "realities" protected." Tony waved his hands about.

Stephen grabbed Tony's wrists, twisting it, and hitting the palm of his hand hard against Tony's chest.

Tony gasped for air, he floated about with sparkling golden light around him. He looked at himself, he was a tainted color. He looked like a ghost. He looked at his hands, he could see right through them. His focus shifted beyond his hands where, in front of him was his body, slowly falling backward; and Stephen right in front of his falling body. He then felt air fill his lungs up again, and his feet hit the ground.

He looked at Stephen. "What...was that?" He asked, looking down at his hands. They were their normal coloration. He felt made of flesh and bone again.

"I pushed your astral form out of your physical form." Stephen explained.

He looked over at Bruce, who seemed in total awe.

Stephen smiled at Tony. "Good morning." He said and walked past the two in shock boys, and out the door.

"So he's really a wizard?" Bruce asked.

"No." Tony said, looking at his friend. "He's the Sorcerer Supreme." He said.

///0///0

Stephen walked down the hallway, with The Cloak of Levitation on his shoulders and levitating it's end off the ground. Everyone stared. He looked like someone fairly important, and that's who they thought he was.

"Stephen." Stephen heard his name. He turned around.

"Timothy. Hello." Stephen said.

"Hey." Timothy said. "So I heard Anthony's your roommate."

"Oh yeah." Stephen said.

They began to walk down the hallway together.

"How have you been sleeping?" Timothy asked.

"Not very good." Stephen said.

Timothy gave a small chuckle. "Yup, Anthony's known for that."

"Does he always stay up like that?" Stephen asked.

"Oh yeah. Sometimes he won't sleep for days, sometimes weeks." Timothy explained as they walked down one of the stairs cases. He wrapped an arm around Stephen and leaned closer to him. "One time I heard he only got two hours of sleep in a month." He whispered.

"No way." Stephen said. "His poor soul."

"But he's determined. I've always admired that in him." Timothy said. Stephen looked at him. "What is it?"

"Well, it's just that Tony and Bruce told me that you're always trying to get them and steal their ideas." Stephen said.

Timothy laughed. "Oh Stark." He shook his head. "He always tells people that. I just admire his work." He said. "He's a great guy with an amazing mind. He's got potential, he's brilliant."

"You seem to like him a lot." Stephen said.

"Yeah, I just wished he would see it the way I did. I do wish to become friends with him one day." Timothy said.

"I'm sure one day he'll see it like you, and you both will accomplish great things together." Stephen said.

"They don't make them like you anymore, do they?" Timothy smiled at Stephen, admiring such innocence and pureness.

"Huh?" Stephen looked at him in confusion.

"Don't worry about it." Timothy laughed.

He only kept walking with Stephen.