I Can Show You the World

Narrator's POV

Stephen knocked on the door to room 205. It was 9:45 at night. Tony and Molly had to be done. "Tony?" He peeked in after getting no response. He saw Tony working at his desk. He came in.

"Hm." Was what he got from Tony.

"I didn't know if you and Molly were...you know-"

"Still having sex?" Tony asked, working still.

"Sure." Stephen shrugged.

"No. She's terrible in bed. Hey, hand me a screw driver." Tony reached his hand out, still concentrating on whatever he was working.

Stephen waved his hand about and made a screw driver fly over to the awaiting hand. Tony took the screw driver and used it.

"Viola!" He said, standing back.

There was a pair of shoes sitting on the table.

"You made shoes?" Stephen asked.

"They're not just shoes Stephen." Tony said, taking a small cylinder looking controller with a red button with cables at the bottom that attached to the shoes. "They're part of something big." He pressed the button and the shoes lit up, levitating off the table with blue flames under the heel.

"Whoa." Stephen was blown away. Bruce came in.

"Look Bruce! I got them done." Tony said.

"Have you tried them on?" Bruce asked.

"Uh, nope." Tony turned them off, letting the shoes fall back on the table. He took them in his hands. "I can't here. Let's go up to the roof." Tony said, hurrying out of the room. Stephen and Bruce followed.

///0///0

"Are you sure we should be up this high?" Bruce asked, peeking over the edge of the roof. It was really high.

"Yeah Tony. You haven't even successfully tested them out yet. What if they have a malfunction, and you fall? You could break bones or even die." Stephen backed Bruce up.

"Eh, a few broken bones never stopped me." Tony said, putting the shoes on.

"Tony, at least try it down there on the grass." Bruce said.

"No pain, no gain, Bruce." Tony said, pressing the red button. The shoes turned on.

Stephen and Bruce stood back a little.

"Okay, rockets on... now." He pressed the red button again ,and he levitated a few inches off the roof. "Whoa. Whoooaaaa..." He swung his arms around, trying to balance himself. Stephen and Bruce stepped a little closer to help Tony regain balance, but he pushed them away. "It's okay guys. I got it." He levitated steadily. He looked down at his feet. He was flying. He laughed, and smiled. "They work. Bruce they work!" He said excitedly.

"They do. They work!" Bruce smiled and jumped up. "Yesss!"

Stephen smiled at his friends, enjoying the fact that this had struck joy in them.

"Tony this is great!" Bruce said putting his hands to his head. "This is the biggest breakthrough we've had since the arc reactor."

Tony turned back to Bruce and smirked. "What do you say? Should I take them for a ride?" He asked.

"Maybe not high-"

"Who am I kidding? I don't need your permission." Tony said, flying a little closer to the edge.

"Careful Tony." Stephen said.

"Relax Wizard." He said. "We need more thrust power." Tony said, pushing the red button again. More blue flames came out from under Tony's heels. He floated about a feet off the roof. He stepped off the roof and floated in the air, many feet above the ground. He turned back to Bruce and smiled. "Well Bruce, I think it's safe to say that today was a complete sucCESS! WHOA!" One of Tony's thrusters blew up. He was pushed into the air, spinning and falling by the one boot that worked. "Aaaah!" Tony flew in circles above Stephen and Bruce, then he headed for them. "GET OUT OF THE WAY!" He yelled.