Sharing the Night Together

Narrator's POV

"What is going on here?" Bruce broke through a crowd gathered around where he'd last seen Thor.

They were yelling and cheering and making noise.

"Excuse me." Alina said, walking through the crowd.

Bruce and Alina were not surprised by what they saw.

"Thor..." Bruce sighed and shook his head. "Now, you've got your tux all wet."

Thor looked up at Bruce with an apple in his mouth.

"Anthony, you splashed water all over the place. I need someone to come and clean it up before someone falls and breaks something." She said, looking around for some school staff members.

The crowd started to slowly disappear.

"I won." Thor said.

"No, I did. I got about three more when Bruce talked to you." Tony said, grabbing a napkin and wiping his face.

"Never mind who won." Bruce said, going over to Thor. "Look what you did to your tux."

"It's alright, Banner. It keeps me cool." Thor said. "It's hot in here."

"Thor, we have to give these back. We didn't buy them, we only rented them." Bruce said.

"Oh, relax. It's all going to turn out fine." Thor said.

"You always say that, and something always goes wrong...." Bruce tightened his fists.

"Bruce, you need to chill out." Tony said.

Bruce turned to him. "Don't tell me what to do."

"Stark's right. You need to cool off." Thor said.

"I'm not taking any order from a couple of- ah!" Thor picked Bruce up and tossed him over his shoulder. "Thor! Thor!" He pounded his fists repeatedly against Thor's back. "Put me down! Right now!"

"Not, until you shake it off." Thor said, grabbing both of Bruce's ankles and letting him hang from his back, shaking him.

"Thor! Thor!" Bruce yelped. "tHoR!"

Thor laughed a little.

Tony watched and laughed, then turned around to see if he could spot Stephen. This entire time that's all he could think of: his wizard.

He couldn't find him anywhere. He saw Steve wall by. "Hey Steve, have you seen Stephen?"

"Um..." Steve looked around. "Last time I saw him he was dancing."

///0///0

"That was the most fun I've had in years." Hazel said as she and Stephen sat outside on the green grass by the lake. The party had become a little too loud and rowdy, so they thought it'd be better to go outside and cool off for a minute.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." Stephen said, smiling at her.

The two sat in silence, watching the water and the reflection of the stars in it. It was peaceful. You could hear the crickets over the muffled music in the distance.

"May I ask what happened to your hands?" Hazel said, looking at Stephen's hands. "I could feel them shaking the entire time while we danced." She looked up at Stephen. "You don't have to tell me if you won't want to."

"It's alright." Stephen smiled at her. "I was involved in a car accident when I was six. All the nerves in them were damaged."

"Must have been hard for you to lose you hands at such a young age." Hazel said.

PeachyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara