Not the Last of Me

Narrator's POV

"Urgh...Tonyyyy..." Stephen groaned as he held his head under the covers.

Tony was already up, fixing his hair in the bathroom mirror. He looked at Stephen through the mirror and laughed. "What is wrong with you?"

"My head..." Stephen squirmed under the sheets. "It's pounding, and my magic isn't helping all the much...." He whined.

Tony came out of the bathroom. "Staid up too late last night."

"No... I can sense something is off, but I can't put my finger on it." Stephen sat up, squinting at the light coming through the window.

Tony laughed and walked over to Stephen, kissing his forehead once he'd arrive at the bedside.

Stephen grabbed one of Tony's arms. "Do you have to leave?" He asked.

Tony chuckled. "I've got classes to go to."

"Hmmmmmm..." Stephen groaned.

"Hey." Tony cupped his chin and gave him and quick peck on the lips. "I'll be back before you know it. In the meantime, you rest, okay?"

"Okay. Just don't take too long." Stephen smiled.

Tony smiled. "I'll try." He said, walking to the door. "Oh, here." He walked over to his desk and got a small teacup. "I made you some tea this morning with the herbs you left out." He walked over to Stephen and handed it to him.

"Thank you, Tony." Stephen smiled and blew on it. He smelled it. "Mmm~ Smells delicious."

"Enjoy." Tony said, kissing Stephen's cheek and messing up his hair. "I've gotta go, okay? Love you." He gave Stephen one final kiss before leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

Stephen smiled and shook his head. He looked down at the warm tea, smiling. He took in its smells and exhaled with a big smile. He blew on it before putting his lips to the cup and taking a sip. Gosh, it was so good. He hadn't had tea in so long, and this was definitely hitting the spot.

///0///0

"I was thinking about nanotechnology." Tony said to Bruce as they walked in the hallway. "It's be a lot more convenient."

"Yes, and a lot easier to work with." Bruce said. "That could wo-"

"Banner! Banner!"

Bruce already knew who it was. He turned around to see Thor running toward him.

"Yes?" Bruce said.

"You forgot your lunch." Thor said, handing Bruce a brown paper bag that had Bruce's name with the "r" backward.

"Oh." Bruce took it from him. "Thank you, Thor. That's really-why is it leaking?" He asked, looking at a wet spot in the bag.

Tony gave a snort.

"I put some orange juice in there for you. I know how much you like it." Thor smiled at him.

"Thor, that's not how- It's not-" Bruce laughed, shaking his head. He put a hand on Thor's shoulder and smiled. "Thanks pal."

"Have a wonderful rest of your day." Thor said.

"I will. You do the same." Bruce said.

"Hey, Point Break." Tony spoke. "Could you go give Stephen some company? He's not feeling very well."

"Of course." Thor smiled. "I love the wizard!"

"Take care of him for me." Tony said.

"Always." Thor raced back to Tony's room.

///0///0

"Wizaaaaaaard~" Thor sang as he came into Stephen's room.

"Huh? Wha-" Stephen suddenly sat up from the bed.

The cloak suddenly rushed over to the room and pinned Thor against the wall.

"Whoa, hey there bud." Thor smiled.

"Thor." Stephen looked at him. "Cloak, it's okay. Let him go." The cloak did as directed. Stephen got up and went over to Thor. "I'm so sorry, he just gets over protective sometimes."

"Its fine, really." Thor smiled at Stephen.

"Anything I can help you with?"

"No, not really. Stark just told me you weren't feeling very well, so he sent me to watch over you." Thor said.

"Oh, that's nice of him..." Stephen smiled. "...but I can handle myself pretty well."

"Are you sure you wouldn't like some company?" Thor asked.

"I'm quite alright. Thank you." Stephen said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Are you absolutely one hundred percent sure?" Thor asked.

"Yes. I am." Stephen nodded.

"Like, not even one little ounce of you is unsure abo-"

"What is it Thor?" Stephen asked.

"Bruce isn't gonna be here all day because he has to go to those stupid classes." Thor said.

"Would you like me to keep you company?" Stephen asked him.

"Please."

Stephen smiled at him. "Of course."

"Yes!" Thor cheered. "Hey, would you happen to have the movie "Dumbo"?"

"Dumbo?" Stephen asked.

"Yeah. The one with the little elephant who believed he could fly because of a feather, but it wasn't the feather after all. He could do it all by himself. It's my favorite Disney movie." Thor said.

"I'm afraid not. Tony and I don't really watch television. He's too busy working, and I like to read." Stephen said, yawning.

"Would it be okay if I brought some stuff over from my room?" Thor asked.

"That's fine." Stephen nodded.

"I'll be back!" Thor raced out of the room.

Stephen chuckled and turned around, walking toward the bed. His eyelids felt really heavy. "I'm so tired." He yawned. "I think I'm gonna...mmm..." He felt dizzy, and his vision was getting blurry. "I'm-" He hit the floor. He was out like a light.

His cloak tapped him a few times, trying to get him to get wake up. He lifted one of Stephen's arms, and it fell back down when he let go. He looked around, waiting for Thor to get back, but the Asgardian was taking too long. The cloak headed to the hallway to look for him.

A quiet laughter came in the room, accompanied by some humming. "Oh, chamomile tea, a remedy for sleep. Stephen, Stephen, Stephen..."

That same somebody who was singing in the room, picked Stephen up.

"I suppose we should leave your friends a clue to where you went, don't you?" The shadow looked at Stephen. "Me too... Here." Suddenly a white rose grew out of one of the shadow's palms. The shadow picked it from it's hand and placed it on the bed. "That way, they get too worried." It looked at Stephen and smiled. It move a few strands of hair from Stephen's face. "Don't worry. I'll take better care of you than my brother."

///0///0

"Hm?" Thor turned around when he heard a sudden whoosh enter the room. "Ah, magic cape." He saw that the cloak was flapping its corners about and moving from side to side. "What is it?" He asked. The cloak pulled on him. "The wizard?" He asked. The cloak gave him a nodding motion.

Thor dropped what he had in his hands and raced to the room. "Wizard!" He yelped, his eyes scanned the room. "Wizard! Stephen!" He shouted. He looked around, Stephen was nowhere to be found. Thor then noticed a white rose on the bed, he picked it up and looked at it carefully. His eyes widen.

He raced out of the room. "Tony!"