Smarter Than You Think

Narrator's POV

Stephen laughed as Tony picked him up and spun him in the air.

Tony stopped spinning Stephen and put his face into his neck, blowing a raspberry. Laughs and giggles erupted from Stephen's mouth.

They were in Bruce's room.

Bruce was trying his best to ignore them as he continued with his chemistry. Thor was out and about, training like he always did; so Tony and Stephen came to keep him company. They were having more fun with each other than keeping Bruce company.

Bruce couldn't concentrate with the noise in the room. He sighed and removed his goggles, turning to the two love birds. "Guys." He said.
Stephen and Tony looked at him. "It's great that you two are in love and like each other very much, but could you please keep it quiet? I'm trying to work here." He said.

"Oh, of course." Stephen said, pulling out of Tony's arms. "Sorry." He said.

Bruce turned his back to them and continued his work.

Tony and Stephen sat down on the bed.

"So...you wanna play checkers?" Tony asked Stephen.

"Sure." Stephen nodded.

///0///0

"Aaaaaand I win." Stephen said. "Again."

His cloak had a notepad and a pencil, making another tally mark under Stephen's name. He had quite a lot of wins. Tony barely had three.

"Okay. I'm done." Tony stood up.

"Aww, Tony. Don't be such a sore loser." Stephen said.

"I hate this game." Tony said.

"Then let's do something you like." Stephen offered.

"Something I like?" Tony asked, pointing at himself. Stephen nodded. "Hmm..." Tony thought. An evil smirk snuck upon his lips. He had an idea.

///0///0

>Bonk<

"Goddamn it!" Tony groaned in frustration as the game of "Operation" buzzed on him.

"My turn." Stephen said. He would lift the small tweezers with his magic since his hands trembled. He got the piece out.

"See? That's not really fair. You use your magic." Tony pointed out.

"You know, I can't use my hands." Stephen said. He stretched his trembling hands covered in colorful and fun shaped bandaids, showing them to Tony.

"You have an advantage toward everything." Tony said.

"Then pick something that doesn't require thinking or stealth." Stephen said.

Tony gasped. "I got it."

///0///0

Tony popped out of Bruce's closet, wearing a pair of shades and a tie wrapped around his forehead. He put a hairbrush up to his lips. "Yooooooo, I'll tell ya what I want, what I really really want." He sang.

Stephen popped out behind him with a hairbrush microphone of his own. "So tell me what you want, what you really really want." He laughed after he finished his part. He felt so stupid, so silly. He saw Bruce, with his back still to them, shaking his head. He could tell he was laughing.

Tony climbed on Bruce's bed. He kept singing. Tony took his shades off and looked at Bruce. "Come on, Brucie. I know you love this song." Bruce didn't turn to Tony. "Come on." He got no response. "If you wanna be my lover..."

Suddenly Bruce turned around with an empty test tube up to his lips. "You gotta get with my friends." Bruce finished.

"That's it! Yeah!" Tony cheered.

Bruce soon joined him on the bed. "Cuz  friendship never ends!" They sang together into their "microphones".

"Science Bros for life!" Tony cheered.

Stephen laughed as he watched the two dorks up on the bed, singing the rest of the song. "Ah!" He gasped when he felt a burning sensation on his forearm. He turned his back to Tony and Bruce. He rolled up his sleeve and inspected his forearm. The scar running up and down his arm hissed silently. He bit his lip, trying not to let out a yelp of pain.

"Wizard."

"GAH!" Stephen jumped up and turned to whoever had frightened him. It was Thor. "Oh, Thor." He sighed in relief, rolling his sleeve back down. He cleared his throat. "Um, what can I do for you?" He asked.

"I was just hear to let you know Tony and Bruce went down to get some snacks." Thor said.

Stephen looked behind Thor. Bruce's bed was empty. "Oh, okay. Thank you." Stephen smiled at him.

"Sure." Thor said. He watched as Stephen walked past him and began to levitate with his cloak, crossing his legs and taking a meditation pose. Thor took a seat on one of the beanbags and watched Stephen, who had his eyes closed and was quiet. "Say, Wizard..." He broke the silence. Stephen opened his eyes and looked at Thor. "That's a pretty nasty scar you've got there on your arm. Mind if I ask what happened?"

"Scar?" Stephen asked. "What scar?" He rolled up his sleeve. It wasn't there. He had created an illusion to make his arm seem untouched.

"Hm." Thor looked at Stephen. "I swear I saw a scar there."

"You must be tired after training." Stephen said. "I could help you rest up with a quick energy modification."

"No, no." Thor stood up. He stretched. "I just need to lay down." He went over to his bed and jumped in it. "Hey, I've been meaning to ask: why do you and Tony sleep in the same bed?"

"What're you talking about?" Stephen asked, playing dumb.

Thor raised a brow. He laughed. "I'm not as dumb as I look Wizard. I've noticed there's only one bed in your room. There's always two different patterns on it. On the right, the pillow is always ruffled and tilted, that's Tony's side. On the left, the pillow is fluffed nicely and straightened, that's your side. The sheets are never wrinkled or messed with because you make the bed, but only touch your pillow probably because Tony has a specific way he likes his pillow." Thor said.

"Uh..." Stephen was speechless. "Bruce has really rubbed off on you, huh?"

Thor laughed. "I learned a thing or two." He looked at Stephen. "Don't worry, I'll keep your secret safe. I won't tell Bruce."

Stephen chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his head. "Thanks." He said.

The poor Asgardian had only touched the tip of the iceberg.