I'm Impressed

Narrator's POV

Stephen opened his very tired eyes as the sound of chirping settled in his ears. He was a little alarmed at the sight of the unknown ceiling above him. "Ah!" He gasped, then he recognized the room around him. "Oh yeah..." He said.

He stretched, yawning. He rubbed his eyes.

"Mornin' Sleeping Beauty."

Stephen's head turned to where the voice had come from. It was Tony, still working at his desk.

"You're still working on that?" Stephen asked.

"Yup." Tony answered.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" Stephen asked.

"Nope." Tony answered.

"Tony you need to get some sleep." Stephen said. "So I can get some sleep." Stephen said under his breath.

"You can always withdraw from my room and get a new one." Tony said. "The headmaster has made that an option specifically for students who get me as a roommate. I'm surprised they didn't ask you if you wanted a different roommate after they assigned you here." Tony continued working on.

"I don't know if I'd like to leave you. I sense a lot of stress and negativity here." Stephen said. He looked around. "I think I'd like to help you get rid of that." He stared out the window.

Tony picked his head up and looked over at Stephen. "Hey, what day is it?" He asked.

"It's Wednesday." Stephen said, looking back at Tony.

"Oh yes!" Tony got up and removed the welding mask off his face and set everything down on his desk. He threw himself under his bed.

"I don't think that's how you sleep on a bed after a hard day's work." Stephen said.

"I'm not sleeping." Tony said, digging around under his bed.

"I thought you were finally getting some sleep." Stephen said.

"On Flag Day?" Tony's voice muffled from under bed.

""Flag Day"?" Stephen asked, peeking under the bed now.

"Ha. I got it." Tony finally emerged from under his bed with a silver suitcase. He looked at Stephen who was still puzzled. "Flag Day comes on a Wednesday. Once a year, students are broken down into teams, using the best of their abilities to defeat each other and capture each other's flags. Whoever gets the most flags wins. The victor gets a prize of some sort, but I'm just in it to win it." Tony explained.

"So we're fighting students from other dorms?" Stephen asked.

"Well, basically. Bruce and I carry the whole team. We've won three out of the five rounds we've had. The other two were won by Tim-"

"What do you mean, you and Bruce carry the whole team?" Stephen asked.

"You can take anything that we constructed to our advantage. Like this baby." Tony tapped on the silver suitcase.

"What is it?" Stephen asked.

"It's a secret weapon that is gonna win us today's round." Tony cocked his eyebrows.

"Oh." Stephen looked at it, then he looked up at Tony. "But what if we don't have gadgets to help?"

"Then you use whatever abilities you have." Tony explained. "Timothy always uses that camouflaging ability he's got to sneak past into our base. He's gotten our flag that way twice now, so I made something to sense him." Tony took out a small device from his pocket. "This little guy senses heat signals from any direction within five miles."