3 1/2 Good Legs

Narrator's POV

"The gang's all here." Bucky said, looking at everyone that was coming.

"Wow. Nat, you look nice." Thor said, looking at Natasha approaching with Clint.

"Oh." Natasha smiled. "Thank you. You look nice too."

"Thank you. Bruce helped me pick my outfit. I'm not very fond of the black, so I added some colorful socks." Thor picked up one of his pant's legs and exposed some space cat socks.

"Thor, I thought I told you to wear the white ones." Bruce said.

"They were boring." Thor said.

"Well I think they're lovely." Stephen said.

"Thank you, Wizard." Thor looked at Stephen, then at Bruce. "See? The wizard likes them."

Bruce rolled his eyes, smiling.

"Well, are we going in or are we going to stand out here like a bunch of idiots?" Everett asked.

"Right." Tony said. He took in a deep breath, and let it. "Um, you guys go ahead first. I need to talk to Stephen real quick." He opened the door for everyone.

"Don't be too long." T'challa said.

"We won't." Tony said, letting everyone go in and closing the door.

"What's wrong Tony?" Stephen asked Tony.

"Listen, Stephen..." Tony began. "This school and some of its students are not the most open minded... They are not the friendliest when it comes to couples like us... Our friends, thankfully, have accepted us, but not everyone might."

"What do you mean?" Stephen asked.

"I just think that maybe we shouldn't be so close." Tony said. Stephen looked confused. "Lets play straight. Just for one night."

"But-"

"I know. I know. I just don't want you to get hurt. People are mean sometimes." Tony said. Stephen sighed and let his head drop. "Hey." Tony cupped his chin and picked his head up. "Just for one night. I promise." He gave Stephen a small smile.

Stephen's lip had a pout to it, and his eyes looked elsewhere but at Tony. "I guess..." He sighed.

"I promise this'll be the only time." Tony kissed Stephen's forehead. Stephen only sighed. "Come on." Tony reached for the door and walked in.

Stephen followed behind him with his hands in his pockets, a little saddened.

The music was loud, there were colorful flashing lights, streamers and glitter all over the place. This looked like a party, a real party.

"Stephen!"

Stephen looked up to see Alina. He put on a fake smile. "Oh, hello Alina."

"You came." She smiled.

"Yes. I did."

"You're looking snazzy." She checked him out.

Stephen smiled. "Thank you. You look wonderful." He said, looking at her beautiful dress.

"Do you have a date?" She asked him.

"Um..." He looked at Tony, who was already conversing with Thor over by the food. "No. No, I don't." He looked at her.

"I have someone who could help you with that." Alina said.

"Oh." Stephen said.

"I think you'll like her." She took Stephen's hand. "Come on, this way." She took him.