The Last Goodbye

Narrator's POV

Tony and Alina were both pardoned by Furry and his agents, although they kept them under close watch, Alina more than anything. She was taken to a highly secured facility and put away, Stephen would often times visit her. They became close friends. They shared stories and took long walks together, celebrating Hazel's life. Stephen also aided Alina with a few problems she was having.

He taught her how to control her emotions and ease her mind from her troubles. Alina was on a better path now.

As for Tony, Furry had other plans...

"Knock knock." Stephen said, standing at the doorway. He saw Tony sitting on the edge of the bed, with his back to him.

"Oh." Tony turned to him. "Hey." He sounded troubled.

Stephen didn't say anything and joined Tony, sitting next to him.

They sat in silence, staring down at their shoes.

"How long?" Stephen spoke suddenly.

"Today is the last day." Tony said. "I wanted to tell you two weeks ago, but I could never find the right time."

Stephen gave a soft laugh. "I know." He nodded. "I've known since the day after the incident."

Tony looked at him, Stephen tapped his temple. "I forgot you can do that." Tony said.

"Yeah." Stephen sighed.

They both looked back down at the ground, sitting in silence.

"Today was my last day too." Stephen said.

Tony looked at him.

"I also wanted to tell you, but I figured it'd be better to tell you last minute. That way you could get mad at me for not telling you and maybe not be as torn about it." Stephen explained.

"How did-"

"The Ancient One requested my return after what happened this second time." Stephen said. "She wants me to train more."

"My dad just wants me out of here after I lied to him about going to Kamar-Taj and missing so many classes." Tony said.

Stephen looked at him. "Do Bruce and Thor know?"

"Yes. I actually told Bruce before I planned on telling you." Tony said.

"At least he'll still have Thor." Stephen said.

"Oh, no." Tony said. "Thor left two days ago."

"Really?" Stephen asked.

"Yeah." Tony said. "He said something about having to complete some training to become the rightful ruler of "Ass Wolrd"-"

"Asgard." Stephen corrected him.

"Yeah, or something like that." Tony finished.

"Damn." Stephen said. "It must be very hard for Bruce to lose his two best friends in a week."

"Did you just..." Tony looked at Stephen.

"What?" Stephen asked.

"Did you just use a bad word?" Tony asked.

Stephen rolled his eyes. "Sure."

"Ooooo." Tony slapped Stephen's thigh. "You bad boy." He laughed.

"Oh. Stop it." Stephen laughed.

They both laughed, enjoying the last bits of laughter the two would probably share for a long time.