Confetti and Beads

Narrator's POV

"So apparently right now is when they have just the streets markets and stuff. You can buy a ticket, and it's free admission to anything. Oh, and Thor..." Tony looked up from the pamphlet to Thor sitting next to him. "You can have all the food you'd like." 

"What is Mardi Gras anyway?" Thor asked. 

Bruce looked back at him through the rear view mirror. "It's the events of the Carnival celebration, beginning on or after the Christian feasts of the Epiphany and culminating on the day before Ash Wednesday." He explained.

"So it's like all you can eat before you start fasting?" Tony asked.

"Sure." Bruce said. "But it's a huge celebration. Very rowdy, very fun." 

"Whoa, since when does Bruce Banner like to party?" Tony asked.

"It's spring break. Sometimes we need a few days off." Bruce said, looking back to the road.

///0///0

"Alright, here we are." Bruce said, parking the jeep in a very packed parking lot. 

There were green, yellow, and purple streamers everywhere. There were people dressed up in costumes and dresses. Some people were barely wearing anything. Music blasted, and there were tons of food trucks and stands everywhere.

Thor was the first to get off the jeep. He stretched. "Argh..."He was a little stiff. "Man, I am stiff..." Thor stopped when a guy walked past him wearing nothing but a glittery thong and beads around his neck.

"Hey man. Haha." The guy said, laughing and walking into the markets and stuff.

"Ah, god!" Tony said, putting his hands over his face. "My eyes." Tony looked at Bruce. "Are they even allowed to do that?" 

"It's Mardi Gras, people get crazy." Bruce said.

Stephen's face was completely flustered red. 

"Are you okay Stephen?" Tony asked.

"Are you sure this is the kind of carnival parties we want to go to?" Stephen asked.

"Actually, no. We should go. The sun is going down, and these things get crazier at night." Bruce said, putting his seat belt on. "Come on Tho-" Bruce turned to see nobody. "Thor?" 

"Where's Thor?" Tony asked.

"I don't know. I literally turned around for one second." Bruce said. 

"I think he followed the guy into the party." Stephen said. 

The lights turned on, and the little bits of sunshine that were left were fading. 

"This is when the alcohol comes out. We can't risk going in there." Bruce said. 

"We can't leave him there. We have to go get him." Stephen said. 

"Stephen is right. We have to go and get him." Tony said. 

"Okay." Bruce said. "But we stick together." 

"Yes. We don't separate." Stephen said. 

"Good. Let's go." Tony said. They all got down and stood at the entrance. "We don't know what kind of things we'll be seeing in there, so brace yourselves." Tony said. 

They all walked in.

///0///0

"Thor!" Called Bruce.

"Thor." Stephen looked around. 

"Hey, Point Break!" Tony called. 

The music was very loud, and there were shining lights and glitter all over the place. People were shouting and screaming. They were all over the place. There were guys and girls, men and women. Some were dancing on table tops, others were raising their glasses. They was yapping and shouting.