Only Exception

Narrator's POV

"BRUCE! BRUCE!" Tony busted into Thor's and Bruce's room.

"What?!" Bruce jumped out of his seat. "What is it?"

"I need your help." Tony grabbed Bruce by the shoulders.

"With what?"

"Something hard. Something really hard." Tony got his face close to Bruce's. "This might be the hardest thing I've ever tried to figure out."

"What is it?" Bruce asked.

"Do you know how to do measurements?"

"Wha-" Bruce was confused. "Measurement for what?"

Tony pulled away from him and stretched his arms out. "For a tux, duh?"

"Oh my god." Bruce put a hand over his mouth and made a muffled scream.

"What? Did you think it was something serious?" Tony asked.

///0///0

"Stephen!"

"Hm?" Stephen picked his head up from a book, as he heard his voice in the sea of students in the hallway. A hand was sticking up in the air. He waved his hand and people were pushed against the wall, except for the one with the hand up. "Oh." He smiled. "Hi, Alina."

"Thank you. Hi." She said, walking over to Stephen. Stephen let everyone go.

"How are you? It's been a while." Stephen said, with his legs crossed, floating with a book in his hands.

"I've been good, really good." She smiled. "And you?"

"Good." Stephen smiled.

"That's good." She nodded. "Hey, I was wondering if you could help me out with another favor... If you don't mind."

"Of course not." Stephen said. "What is it that you need help with?"

"I need some extra hands to help finish setting up for the prom." Alina said. "And I know you're the man for that." She cocked her eyebrows.

"What's that?" Stephen asked.

"What? You've never been to prom?" Alina asked. Stephen shook his head. "Oh my goodness! It's only the bestest, biggest, wildest party the school has! There's dancing, singing, food. And at the end, they crown prom king and queen." She explained.

"Sounds fun." Stephen smiled at her.

"So you'll come to help?" She asked.

"Of course."

"Great! This is where we're meeting." Alina handed him a pamphlet. "And, I might be able to help you get a date to prom." She winked.

"Hm?" Stephen looked up at her.

"Bye!" Alina was gone.

Stephen looked down at the pamphlet. "You have to have a date?"

///0///0

"Hey, Bruce." Thor said, looking through a kaleidoscope up at the ceiling.

"Yes?" Bruce asked, sitting at his desk, doing his homework.

"Are you going to prom?" Thor asked.

"I don't know." Bruce said, focusing on his homework.

"Has anyone asked you?"

"Mmmm...." Bruce read his book. "Not that...I know of." He tapped his chin with his pencil.

Thor sat up, looking at Bruce, through the kaleidoscope. "Would you like to go?"