Hooked on a Feeling

Narrator's POV

Tony was working on a gadget, using small lasers to make metal stick together. He looked up at his roommate. Stephen was reading across from him, floating near the window. The sun light hit him just right. He looked like an angel in Tony's eyes.

"I'd date you." Tony whispered quietly.

Stephen clearly heard him. "What?" He asked, looking up at Tony.

Tony suddenly panicked. His cheeks turned red. "I said I hate you." He said, quickly grabbing his welding mask and putting it over his face.

A small smile formed on Stephen's lips. "I hate you too."

Tony's emotions were spilling all about the place. His heart pounded hard, and butterflies exploded in his stomach. Good thing he had that mask over his face, otherwise he would've given himself away.

///0///0

"Bruce I just don't know what to do. I've been getting so behind on my projects. I haven't gotten anything done, and I can slowly feel myself getting dumber." Tony tossed his head back as he sat on a bean bag on the floor in Bruce's room.

"Mhm." Bruce said with his back to Tony as he mixed chemicals.

"I just have no motivation to do anything anymore." Tony groaned. "God, give me a will to live."

Suddenly Stephen fell through a portal that opened in the ceiling. He screamed as he fell, then hit ground; quieting him. He looked up to Bruce and Tony. "Hey guys." He greeted them, smiling nervously.

Tony's head perked up. He looked at Stephen. "Okay."

Bruce shook his head and smiled down as he mixed chemicals.

"Still need to work on that location." Stephen said dusting himself off. 

///0///0

Tony laid in bed, next to Stephen, who was soundly asleep, staring at the ceiling. He couldn't sleep, he just couldn't. He looked over at Stephen. His wizard looked so peaceful smiling in his sleep. He was beautiful, he made Tony so weak.

"Ah." Tony sighed, staring back up at the ceiling. His heart pounded hard, he could hear it in his ears. His stomach did wild flips and tickled with butterflies. "Ugh..." He groaned.

He didn't need this. He didn't want this.

He'd spent years closing his heart off to anyone. He wasn't going to allow himself to open up to another person. He'd suffer enough, and surely wasn't going to let that happen again...but why was he feeling like this? And why toward Stephen?

I must have been through about a million girls
I'd love 'em then I'd leave 'em alone
I didn't care how much they cried, no sir
Their tears left me cold as a stone

It used to be when I'd see a girl that I liked
I'd get out my book and write down her name
Ah, but when the, the grass got a little greener over on the other side
I'd just tear out that page

I fooled around and fell in love
I fooled around and fell in love, since I met you baby

Free, on my own is the way I used to be
Ah, but since I met you baby, love's got a hold on me
It's got a hold on me now
I can't let go of you baby

He knew he had fooled around with Stephen and fallen in love, but he didn't want to submit to the idea of it.

And now, here he was...suffering the consequences.

///0///0

"Do you like him?" Bruce asked Tony as they sat outside on the grass, throwing stones into the lake in front of them.

It was dark outside, and the stars shown beautifully. They had told Stephen they had important stuff to do, but snuck out just to talk privately amongst themselves.

Tony picked at a price of grass, staring down in between his legs. "I don't know." He said. "It's easy with him, but everything is so damn hard. It shouldn't be so hard."

Bruce placed a hand on Tony's back, rubbing it. He honestly didn't know what to tell his friend. "You know..." Bruce spoke. "He told me one time that he had a slight crush on you." Tony looked at Bruce. "That was a while back, so I don't know if he still does or not. He said he'd get over it."

Tony popped Bruce in the back of his head. "You idiot! Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asked.

"I didn't know you liked him back." Bruce rubbed the back of his neck.

///0///0

"Then I was taken into the temple and raised with the monks." Stephen explained his life story to Bruce. Tony was standing behind Stephen as he continued his conversation with Bruce.

"But when did they teach you magic? What was the first spell you learned?" Bruce asked.

"Actually I didn't..."

Stephen's voice trailed off in Tony ears. He just couldn't take his eyes off of Stephen. He was so beautiful, he was the only thing that filled his head. His heart raced, and his palms grew sweaty. His knees weakened, and butterflies tickled his stomach. "I'd kiss you..."

"Hm?" Stephen turned to him.

Had he just said that aloud? Tony panicked. "I said if you died I wouldn't miss you!" Tony's face grew red. He pulled a small laser from his pocket and pointed it at Stephen.

"Oh." Stephen stood back a little.

"Tony, no." Bruce held Stephen. "I would miss him." He said.

"I gotta go." Tony said, running away from the two.

"Is he okay?" Stephen asked Bruce.

"Yeah, he's just confused." Bruce answered him.

///0///0

A wizard and an inventor.

They had just become good friends, and that's when Tony realized. He didn't think it was true. He was surprised when he found out he'd fallen for the wizard. He didn't want to believe his feelings for him.

He didn't want to believe that he could lose Stephen if he told him just how he felt; but Tony couldn't help it. He was falling for him. He couldn't quit it.

He was stuck on Stephen. It might be pathetic, and he might be skeptical, but Tony just wanted to be with him.

Can Stephen get a clue? Or come through because Tony just wanted to be with him. He was scared of telling Stephen how he felt. Maybe it's better if he just tried to conceal the truth for him and for Stephen.

But he was still stuck on the wizard.

He still falling for him.

Tony laid awake in bed again for the second week in a row. He sighed and turned over, facing Stephen. The wizard had a beautiful smile on his lips. Tony sighed once more.

Oh, the poor boy was so in love; it hurt.