Secrets Revealed

Narrator's POV

"Hm?" Tony groaned as he woke up with the sensation of empty arms. He opened his eyes slowly. Stephen wasn't in his arms. "Stephen!" He sat up. "GAH!" He jumped up when he saw Stephen to his right, floating.

"Good morning." Stephen told him.

"What are you..." Tony gripped his chest. He gave a long sigh. "Why would you do that?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay." Stephen said. "I'm guarding you. Just in case anything or anyone tries to come and attack you."

Tony rolled his eyes. "Are seriously taking that seriously?"

"Yes." Stephen said. "He almost killed you last time. I won't allow that to happen. I can't lose you."

Tony looked up at Stephen. His cheeks blushed red. "Aww, Stephen." He opened his arms to embrace him. "You don't have to worry. I'm gonna be okay. Nothing's going to happen to me."

"I have to make sure." Stephen said in Tony's arms.

"How about we protect each other?" Tony offered. "Sound like a deal?"

"Mhm." Stephen nodded in Tony's chest.

///0///0

"Hey, Thor." Bruce said, holding up a test tube.

"Yup." Thor said, hopping off the bed and running over to Bruce's side.

"Could you hand me some sulfur?" Bruce asked.

"Sure thing." Thor went over to a shelf organized with small cubicles that held each element on the periodic table in their order. "Uh, which one is that one again?"

"Number sixteen." Bruce said.

"Hmm." Thor scanned the shelf. "Sixteen, sixteen..." He kept looking. "Sexteeeeeeeeen. Ah, sixteen." Thor got it and went over to Bruce.

"Thank you." Bruce said taking it and putting some of it in the test tube.

"I swear you cheat every time!" Tony said as Stephen had just beat him at checkers...again.

"No, I've played the game for a very long time." Stephen said.

"You've had more experience. That's cheating." Tony said.

"Tony, it's a brain game. You've got to think." Stephen pointed at his head.

"Think about this!" Tony flipped the board.

Stephen just put the board back with all the pieces where they were.

Tony screamed at Stephen.

Thor and Bruce turned to Tony.

"Do not scream at me." Stephen said.

Tony screamed at him again.

"I said don't-"

Tony screamed again.

Stephen screamed back at him. Tony screamed louder to establish dominance.

Bruce grew concerned. "Should we do something?" He asked Thor. "Guys-"

"No. No." Thor said, stopping Bruce. "I wanna see who wins."

///0///0

Stephen was watering his succulents on the windowsill as Tony read a mechanics book on the bed.

"Knock. Knock."

Stephen and Tony both turned to the door.

"Hey Thor." Stephen smiled.