Ain't That a Kick in The Head

Narrator's POV

"Do you have your sleeping sack?" Stephen asked, rolling up his sleeping sack.

"Yes. I tossed it in the Jeep." Tony said.

"I secured the beach chairs on the roof." Bruce said.

"Everyone ready and packed?" Bruce asked the rest of the people.

"I don't have my shovel." Everett said, looking around.

"I put it in the car along with your fossils." T'challa said.

"Oh." Everett sighed. "Thanks."

"Why do you find rocks so interesting?" Bucky asked, putting a cooler in the back of the car.

"It's history." Everett said. "It's important... Plus, they're cool."

"History's pretty cool." Steve said.

"Banner! Banner!" Thor shouted, running to Bruce.

Bruce turned around. He saw Thor running to him. He had something in his hands. "What is it?" Bruce asked.

"Look." Thor said, stopping and opening his hands. "I made this for you." He said, revealing a shell necklace.

It had beautiful colored shells on a string. There was a pearl on one side. It was messy, but unique and cute.

"That's great, Thor. Thank you." Bruce smiled.

"Put it on." Thor said, handing it to him.

"I will." Bruce said, putting it over his head. He looked down at it. "It's beautiful. Thank you."

"I knew you would like it." Thor smiled. Bruce smiled at him. Thor put his hands behind his back and blushed. He looked down at his feet. "Now, you can remember the wonderful time we had at the beach...together."

Bruce smiled. "Yes. Yes I will."

Thor looked up at him, smiling.

"Hey." Tony's voice ruined the moment.

Bruce and Thor turned to him.

"I'm driving." Tony said.

Bruce and Thor looked at each other.

"I call shotgun!" Bruce said, running to the car.

"Hey!" Thor ran after him.

Soon, everyone was all packed up and ready to go. They all said their farewells to the beach. Thor even put a small cross on some rocks for Robert.

///0///0

Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend and sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind

There's a world outside every darkened door
Where blues won't haunt you anymore
Where brave are free and lovers soar
Come ride with me to the distant shore

Tony turned the radio down when he looked back through the rearview mirror and saw Thor embracing the same cooler Robert had come in on the trip. "Hey Point Break, you okay?"

Everyone looked at Thor now.

He took in a deep breath and let it out. "I miss Robert."

Stephen, who was sitting with Thor in the backseat, put a hand on Thor's knee. "I miss him too, but he's at least in a better place." Thor only staid quiet. "I bet you he's playing with all his lobster friends in lobster paradise."