18

"They lost their child because of the hallucinations," Junmyeon angrily says as he grits his teeth. "I don't care whoever the fuck he is. I'll fucking break every bone he has!"

Junmyeon kicks the living room's glass table over and it ends up down the floor shattered in small pieces, making Yixing step back and look down, tears gathering in his eyes as guilt and panic washes over him.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..!

"This is not about you. Please don't be afraid.." Junmyeon says and breathes heavily, obviously talking to Yixing even not looking at the said omega.

"I'm sorry," Yixing breathes out as he slumps himself down. "This is all my fault.."

"You didn't do anything wrong, Yixing.. You're not the betrayer. Don't talk like that."

Yixing sobs loudly and brings his knees closer to his chest.

I just killed a child. I just fucking killed a child!

"Tell Minseok and Jongdae that I'm really sorry," Yixing whispers as he looks down and sniffles.

"Yes, I'll send your message of sympathy.. But for now, Yixing, please," Junmyeon begs as he heads to Yixing. "Please go to your room. I'll take care of all these. Don't worry ahout it anymore. We'll find him fast, alright? We'll find him and we'll kill him immediately.."

Yixing shudders and shakes his head furiously. "Junmyeon..!" he whimpers in fear and looks up, before getting up slowly with Junmyeon's help. "You really would kill the betrayer..?"

"Whatever it takes. To get revenge for all he has done to this union, Yixing. First, you, then Lu Han, then now Jongdae and Minseok. I can't just let that bastard go around and tear this union apart.."

"B-But what if it's someone who's close to you then..?"

Junmyeon stares at Yixing's expression intently, before he holds Yixing's hands. "We're in this together, alright? I'm here for you.. I'll protect you from him, from all the people who wants to hurt you.. Yixing, I'm not going to let you in any kind of danger. I'm going to be a good mate to you.."

Yixing wants to tell it to Junmyeon now, but he just fears what it will cause Junmyeon to feel. Betrayal, hurt, anger, rejection, fear, pain.

Nothing good will happen.

* * * * *

Yixing trembles as he picks up the call.

[Zhang Yixing] the caller immediately says before Yixing can even say hello.

"What do you want..?" he asks softly, voice wavering in fear because he knows it couldn't mean anything good to be called by his fake parents again.

[Guess what, little Yixing.. The whole hunters are somewhere here, chilling.. and oh, they also have this little vampire named Kim Jongin.. We know that you know him.]

"Fuck you all! What did you do to him?!" Yixing shouts as he gets up on his feet, eyes flashing gold as he clenches his fists.

[Shouldn't you worry more about what we will do to him?]

Yixing hears Jongin's sharp cries and yells of pain and he knows. He knows what is going to happen to Jongin if he doesn't do anything.

"What do you want?!" Yixing shouts at the phone.

[Oh, you read our minds so well.. Anyways, it's just simple.. Come here and go back to us, then we'll set this pathetic vampire free..]

Yixing frowns as he sits back down on the bed. "Is this all for getting me back?! Because if it's what you want then I will give you what you all fucking want! Just don't touch Kim Jongin! He's out of this..!" he exclaims.

Yixing can't let anyone's life be in danger. He can't let anyone perish because of him again. Not anymore. So if he needs to, he will give his life away, again, for the union Junmyeon leads. For the union his own destined mate leads.

* * * * *

Baekhyun rushes out the door and sobs loudly, a hand clamped over his mouth as fresh tears escape his eyes again.

Why is it so easy for Kyungsoo to do things like this? Just because I have something for him doesn't give him the right to use that on me!

He slumps himself down the wall outside Kyungsoo's house and clenches his hand to fists before slamming it to the hard surface beside him, the pain not registering anymore but only making him remember what Kyungsoo did to him and what Kyungsoo did to Jongin as well.

Jongin ran away because of what happened and they haven't been able to even realize he's already nowhere in the house until Kyungsoo heard Jongin's voice in his head asking for help.

"Baekhyun?" someone calls to him, and he lifts his head to see Yixing's concerned gaze at him. "What's the problem?"

"Why does love hurt so much?!" Baekhyun exclaims as he clutches Yixing's arms and pulls him closer, burying his face in Yixing's shoulder.

The question rings in Yixing's head, and he himself can't seem to answer that.

"Why, Yixing hyung?" Baekhyun asks, fisting on the hem of Yixing's shirt.

"I..I don't know," Yixing whispers, before he remembers why he got out of Junmyeon's house in the first place. "I-I have to go, Baekhyun.."

"Where? Are you going to run away, too? I'll come with you," Baekhyun whispers before looking up at Yixing's eyes. "Please, omega.. I can't take staying anymore."

"I can't let anyone else get in danger because of me, Baekhyun," Yixing whispers before he closes his eyes and lets out a scent that can affect turned hybrids, and he watches Baekhyun weaken and pass out before he heads to where the hunters are.