34

"To know each other more..?" Yixing asks as he momentarily closes his eyes and leans his head to Junmyeon who's drying his hair with a towel, smiling subtly.

"Yes," Junmyeon answers and reaches for a hairbrush, carefully grooming Yixing's raven hair, causing Yixing to chew on the inside of his lips to satiate the beating of his heart.

"J-Junmyeon, I-I can do it myself," Yixing mutters as he grabs Junmyeon's wrist loosely and inches his head away. Junmyeon only stares at him intently, before he laughs a soft laugh halfhearted-ly.

"That's why you didn't come back to me, Yixing?" Junmyeon asks. "Because you can take care of yourself anyway.. right?"

"Junmyeon.. No, that's not what it is," Yixing says and looks down. "I.. I was afraid.."

"Afraid?" Junmyeon questions. "Of me?"

Yixing shakes his head and looks intently at Junmyeon. "Please don't stop.. taking care of me.. w-whatever happens.."

"Here we go again, Yixing." Junmyeon sighs. "Tell me, hm? Tell me what you mean with 'whatever happens'. I will take care of you to the best of my ability, but if you always hide things from me, it won't work fine.."

"I'm not hiding anything from you," Yixing defends and frowns. "Y-You believe I am..?"

"I just want to know everything about you, Yixing.. I hope you understand. As your mate, knowing about you would make me feel more.. connected.. I guess.." Junmyeon reasons out.

"I also.. want to know everything about myself, Junmyeon.." Yixing says. "..maybe you all think I'm hiding things but.. I'm still in the process of finding myself.."

Junmyeon closes his eyes and nods, sighing deeply before he gazes at Yixing and embraces him in a tight hug, bring a hand on the back of Yixing's head, caressing his hair down his back. "I'm sorry.." Junmyeon whispers. "I should trust you.."

Yixing frowns in confusion.

* * * * *

"You said before that you were born on October 7.. Do you now remember your real birthday?"

"My real birthday is October 7," Yixing says and smiles. "I don't know how my fake parents did it but.. they just knew.."

Junmyeon frowns and thinks deeply. "They might be.. deep researchers, huh?"

"Maybe..?" Yixing says.

"Do you.. u-uhmm.. remember what happened to the union?"

"The hallucinations.." Yixing says. "Mm-hmm.." he hums and nods.

"Can you explain why you did it?"

Yixing looks down at the couch where they're both seated at and smiles sadly. "I w-wanted.. to help you.. b-because you said the union shouldn't be together when they attack.."

"Help me..?"

Yixing nods. "You're the union's main leader.. I saw how tired and stressed you already were.. and I wanted to help things get better for you.. I didn't know it would even result to.. a child, Minseok and Jongdae's child, dying because of me.. I'm really sorry.."

"It's been long enough," Junmyeon says. "They already forgave you, all of us.. You are.. suffering a lot right now.. and.. we think.. that part of the past is not to be brought up already.."

"Have you forgiven me?" Yixing asks. "I still don't remember exactly how I did it, or how I learned to make those potions. Maybe that's still a memory yet to come back to me.. But what I want to know right now.. Do you forgive me, Junmyeon?"

Junmyeon nods. "Past is past, Yixing.."

"But past is still what it is. Past is what happened that made us who we are now. That's why I feel like I'm not complete.. My memories.. I-I want them all back."

"Do you trust me then?" Junmyeon asks. "I'm your mate, but I know it's not enough to make you trust me wholeheartedly. Yixing, I can return your memory. Everything. Every single thing that any artificial thing made you lose. I can get back everything, but you need to trust me."

Yixing's eyes widened. "Y-You can?"

"Yes, I can. All you need to do is trust me. It might hurt so much while I bring you back your memories. As I bring back the memory, you will experience it in such a vivid way as if it's happening at this time."

"It might hurt?" Yixing echoes as he discreetly reaches for his lower back, biting on his lips in contemplation.

"Do you trust me?" Junmyeon asks and shuffles closer to Yixing. "All you need to do is look straight into my eyes, and to hold on.. I need you to trust me, Yixing. I can make you remember everything that others took away from you."

Yixing chews on his lips and nods, letting Junmyeon hold his head still as he hazily looks at Junmyeon's eyes.

"You need to look at my eyes until we finish," Junmyeon reminds. "Please trust me," Junmyeon whispers.

After that, a harsh pain in Yixing's neck is what he first feels, the memory of seeing Junmyeon smirking at him evilly as an injection pushes some liquid inside him that makes him scream in pain.

Yixing is tempted to shut his eyes tightly, the pain too intense and the harsh feeling of betrayal washing over him like scorching fire.

It was Junmyeon after all. His mate. His very mate was that vampire.

Yixing stares at Junmyeon sadly as the whole scene happens infront of his eyes, until the time he and Junmyeon had been given a glass of some liquid that made them unconscious, Junmyeon fainting before he did, a tear once again leaving his eyes.

The next memories that come back begin from him slowly waking up in two strangers' arms and being given the same liquid, then next comes the days that he's being told how they are 'his parents' and how they teached him to not trust everyone, and to be independent, and to fight when it calls for it. It also shows him how he contemplated on those teachings and wanted to do what his instincts tell him, to bring peace, to be a pleasing omega.

Yixing reaches over subconsciously and grabs Junmyeon's wrist with one hand. And his other hand looks for Junmyeon's fingers, with which Junmyeon then interlaces with Yixing's. Yixing holds onto him tightly as he keeps his gaze at Junmyeon's shining crimson eyes, even with a discovery he has just found from himself, trusting Junmyeon with all his life.